Make Town-clothing great again!

MidnightX.6294

Maybe i just speak for myself and some RPlers - but the Towncloths (also the racial townclothes ) were great before the change! We miss them. Almost nobody is wearing them by now since we cannot dye them and the potions run out after 15 minutes.

I suggest you to put them into the Equipment-section and make each of them a dyeable Armor-piece!

-Remember when Outfits were like this:https://imgur.com/a/org6p

and now they are only:https://imgur.com/a/8G8Tk

Before that change, you could combine them all and dye every single piece:https://imgur.com/a/7fHeh

Please give them back to us!

To be fair, your first "outfit" example were Town Clothes items that couldn't have been worn in combat. Town clothes were a different system than what they use for outfits. That being said, I'd love to have town clothes at outfits, even if we couldn't split the individual pieces up. I really dislike the town clothes as tonics. :(

Even as an outfit it would not be the same as it was before. People loved to combine them in various ways.Its as bad as the situation with the tribal-armor set was. they took it out and people couldnt get it for a long time, when they havent it unlocked already from spvp.People in the forum wanted it back so badly too.Anyway, im asking to make them armor. i dont want another wardrobe set, which is just one piece.

@SJWhat.9237 said:Question: If they made Town Clothing as an outfit, but put a gem price on it like other outfits, would you buy it?

I think this factors in to perhaps why they haven't converted it to the updated outfit system.

Um ... yes? There are quite a few people who have been begging for more simple outfits. There are lots of posts showing all the NPC clothes people are drooling over. I am one of them who would love to have just a simple option for clothing outfits. I much more often wear a pirate or explorer's outfit than anything with big sparkly or spiky (or both!) shoulders and stuff.

All I want is for the default town clothes to be the one outfit everyone gets the first time they reach level 17. When the Level up rewards talk about the Wardrobe.

So players would get it either the first time they reach level 17, or when they log in with any character over level 17.

It is the perfect outfit to give for free even to free accounts, because it's not the flashiest outfit, but it's different per race, and it'll get players started into the system. Like when you get your first unimpressive glider. Once these players get a taste of the outfit system they will be more likely to buy more.

@SJWhat.9237 said:Question: If they made Town Clothing as an outfit, but put a gem price on it like other outfits, would you buy it?

I think this factors in to perhaps why they haven't converted it to the updated outfit system.

I personally wouldn't buy them as outfit but I would buy them without hesitation as armor skin.

@Haishao.6851 said:

I personally wouldn't buy them as outfit but I would buy them without hesitation as armor skin.

That would be the one benefitting option for anet.Another could be, putting it as armorpieces with stats and make it achivement-rewardsor some other way to earn it via rewardsystem and giving players some goals.

Town clothing was a very cool idea. I would have loved them more if they were like an automatic effect, Ergo, when you zoned into a Town Zone (which does not have combat enabled), you change into your town clothing, or maybe a respective outfit, and when you left town, you changed back into your combat gear. I understand that this would make town clothing limited to just a few zones, like The Grove, Divinity's Reach, Lions Arch, etc. But, it would make it just a wee bit better for the game overall, if everyone was not standing at the bank in full armor and weapons ready.

I think in that regard, town equipped town clothing would be a very welcome change to the game.

Let's not forget that they broke the dye channels for converting the town clothes to outfitsmaking thishttps://imgur.com/KuGtjHW

dye like thishttps://imgur.com/mbG9WVU

:( That set was designed for way more dye channels than they currently have it at and the dye channels they have place have been placed very carelessly! Seriously why would I dye the skirt fluff the same color as the vest and the stockings the same color as the coat fluff making it blend into the shoe fluff??!

@MidnightX.6294 said:Even as an outfit it would not be the same as it was before. People loved to combine them in various ways.Its as bad as the situation with the tribal-armor set was. they took it out and people couldnt get it for a long time, when they havent it unlocked already from spvp.People in the forum wanted it back so badly too.Anyway, im asking to make them armor. i dont want another wardrobe set, which is just one piece.

This.I specifically bought certain pieces from multiple sets, i absolutely hated all sets of 6 as they were.

I used to solo dungeons in just my riding boots and pants

There is totally ZERO reason why every single piece of every set is not an armor skin. They are ALREADY IN THE GAME.

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:There is totally ZERO reason why every single piece of every set is not an armor skin. They are ALREADY IN THE GAME.

They aren't already in the game. Town clothes used a universal armor weight with mix & match capabilities and outfits use a universal weight without such ability; they don't match.

Town Clothes

Of the original town clothing:

• All of the headgear was already converted to light|medium|heavy skins.
  • All of the outfits have been converted to Outfits except for the "Air Rider Package"

What hasn't been converted:

• About a dozen torso skins, e.g. the various vests
  • The original starter clothing.

While I'd certainly enjoy having these turned into Outfits, they would likely take as much work to convert as creating any new outfit. Since I don't think the designs are all that great, I'm okay with these being so low on the priority list that we might never see them.

I don't like that these remain as tonics, but ... that seems more like personal preference rather than what's best for the game in the long run.

tl;dr we're mostly talking about silk shirts and hoodies and my love for them isn't so great that I'd want them high on the priority list, above other already-planned outfits.

Shrugs I'd gladly have Town clothes back exactly as they were, even if they can't be used in combat. It seemed so strange to me that they changed them in the first place. Admittedly I didn't think town clothes were implemented all that well, the tonics are just... bleh. At the very least they should have remained dyeable.

Love town clothes, would love them back. As outfits if nothing else.

Problem with making Town Clothes into armor skins, is that they are a 4th armor weight type. They don't mix with the underlaying mesh the other armor weights are based on. So unless they want to mess with that, not going to happen. Unfortunately.

Personally I'm sick of 99% of all the armor-skins in the game, and would much rather play with Town Clothing skins nowadays. Heck I actually prefer outfits to armor skins nowadays for that reason.

I have no idea how much work it would be, or if it is even possible. But if they lined up some of the town clothing skins, they might be able to make a single outfit that allows for a few options ? like cultural clothes, hoodie, filly shirt, shorts etc. Probably not, sounds way too complicated.

I know it's not really a priority so armor skins is maybe too much (but best solution I guess)

Can we just get them as race-based outfits with 4 dye channels?

That would be great and really simple. Better this than nothing at all or those tonics.Devs could add this like in next week update on Tuesday if they want to.That's how simple it is I think.

...and they should be free ;)

Id like it if they either added them as outfits (with or without gem price) Or as armor skins. Though that one is unlikely since they insist on making armor skins be separated in "light", "Medium" and "heavy" categories.As if that matters with all the outfits out there. People recognize professions by skill use, not "silhouette" or whatever.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:There is totally ZERO reason why every single piece of every set is not an armor skin. They are ALREADY IN THE GAME.

They aren't already in the game. Town clothes used a universal armor weight with mix & match capabilities and outfits use a universal weight without such ability; they don't match.

Of the original town clothing:
  • All of the headgear was already converted to light|medium|heavy skins.
  • All of the outfits have been converted to
    except for the "Air Rider Package"

What hasn't been converted:
  • About a dozen torso skins, e.g. the various vests
  • The original starter clothing.

While I'd certainly enjoy having these turned into Outfits, they would likely take as much work to convert as creating any new outfit. Since I don't think the designs are all that great, I'm okay with these being so low on the priority list that we might never see them.

I don't like that these remain as tonics, but ... that seems more like personal preference rather than what's best for the game in the long run.

tl;dr we're mostly talking about silk shirts and hoodies and my love for them isn't so great that I'd want them high on the priority list, above other already-planned outfits.

Explain to me like I'm stupid because; riding pants occupied a single slot for legging armor. Single. No outfit. No outfits. Stop talking about outfits. Why are the single individual skins for each individual piece available as they were?

The system already existed. You slotted town armors in slots. Alone. Without outfits.

I go on gem store. I buy town leggings. I get them. I equip them like I equip armor. Explain.

Also if you say he system is no longer in the game that means they removed it. If that is the case I don't feel bad if devs have to work overtime and skip gem store and living world updates to get this mistake corrected.

Also inb4 clipping. Delete Charr race. Full stop.

ASCALONFORHUMANS

I miss the town clothing and I've never bothered with the tonics because they cannot be dyed and have a time limit of I believe 15 minutes? To me that's way too short and they feel essentially worthless as they are now. Turning them into armor pieces I think would be fine as there are already some sets (Shadow of the Dragon's shoulder, helm and gloves comes to mind) that all armor classes can use. Making them into outfits would also be acceptable for me as then we could at least dye them and they'd lose the time limit. Still I would prefer they be made into armor pieces.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:Also inb4 clipping. Delete Charr race. Full stop.

You realize it's difficult to take any of your comments seriously with rhetoric like that.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:Explain to me like I'm stupid because; riding pants occupied a single slot for legging armor. Single. No outfit. No outfits. Stop talking about outfits. Why are the single individual skins for each individual piece available as they were?Riding Pants never existed as stand-alone armor, only as a mix/match piece of town clothing. I agree (and said so) I'd like to see the clothes-turned-tonics return as skins. But that would involve converting something designed for the so-called fourth weight of armor to fit into the requirements of light, medium, and heavy armor.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:The system already existed. You slotted town armors in slots. Alone. Without outfits.You slotted town armor in slots only for town armor; it didn't mix with light, medium, or heavy. So no, the system as you describe did not exist.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:I go on gem store. I buy town leggings. I get them. I equip them like I equip armor. Explain.Nope, you equipped them to fit into town clothing slots.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

Also if you say he system is no longer in the game that means they removed it. If that is the case I don't feel bad if devs have to work overtime and skip gem store and living world updates to get this mistake corrected.The town clothing system is no longer in the game.

From the wiki:

Town clothing is a set of equipment separate from armor and weapons that only provides a cosmetic appearance. Unlike normal gear, town clothing provides no defense or attributes. Town clothing can be switched to in the hero panel or by binding a key (default: unbound). In roleplay communities, town clothing may be pivotal to performances. Five slots exist for town clothing: headgear, chest, gloves, leggings, shoes.

I can't stand the tonics they gave us in place of town clothes. I used to wear my old Sylvari town clothes all the time, and of course I dyed them to match the colour scheme of the specific Sylvari I was playing. Now they're a tonic. A tonic with an ugly red base colour that I cannot change. -_- I wish they had made these an outfit instead. I do not love the outfit system as it stands right now either, but it's better than tonics. :(

@Nayukhuut.4269 said:I can't stand the tonics they gave us in place of town clothes.

Yeah, they are pretty useless; I stopped using them years ago. Regardless of the "how did this happen" details, I would have preferred to see no tonics and maybe just 1-2 pants, 1-2 chest pieces converted (even if they couldn't convert them all). Water under the bridge though. :(

Archived