Engi or Necro?

Gern.2978

Neither is true. Problem is that the benchmarks will be made at a stationary dps golem, so people often confuse the benchmark with actual dps.If both classes do not have to do any mechanics and execute their damage rotaion perfeclty, Power Holosmith DPS will be ~2000 higher.In reality, raids favour dps more than fractals since you are often left alone beside some mechanics (since raids have a tank) and there these benchmarks may be rather reached. But on fractals, you have no tank and most likely not have full HP all the time with random groups (since rune of the scholar for power holosmith only awards 10% damage while over 90% HP). Necro on the other hand has easier dps uptime since he does not need to go meele. Also, with using epidemic you will outdps every class since many encounters have some kind of mobs. In other words it woulb be better to play a good necro than a bad engineer. And even if you can play both classes correctly, necro has more utility and often more damage since some fights don't allow constant meele.

To summarize: necro is a god in fractals, but many players follow DPS benchmarks and mistake fractal enemies with dpsgolems.

@paddystar.2879 said:Neither is true. Problem is that the benchmarks will be made at a stationary dps golem, so people often confuse the benchmark with actual dps.If both classes do not have to do any mechanics and execute their damage rotaion perfeclty, Power Holosmith DPS will be ~2000 higher.In reality, raids favour dps more than fractals since you are often left alone beside some mechanics (since raids have a tank) and there these benchmarks may be rather reached. But on fractals, you have no tank and most likely not have full HP all the time with random groups (since rune of the scholar for power holosmith only awards 10% damage while over 90% HP). Necro on the other hand has easier dps uptime since he does not need to go meele. Also, with using epidemic you will outdps every class since many encounters have some kind of mobs. In other words it woulb be better to play a good necro than a bad engineer. And even if you can play both classes correctly, necro has more utility and often more damage since some fights don't allow constant meele.

To summarize: necro is a god in fractals, but many players follow DPS benchmarks and mistake fractal enemies with dpsgolems.

That does make sense.

It's harder to play an engineer competently in hectic situations than it is to play a necro competently in a similar situation. As a result, necro DPS is generally easier to maintain. I watch my DPS meter fairly closely during boss battles, but I'm super comfortable on my engineer. I've seen quite a few people lately that try to play holosmith on boss encounters and end up doing less damage than the quickness chronomancer because they keep getting rekt.

The other thing is necro has better AoE potential than engineer -- in scenarios with more mobs, necro DPS will jump up.

Archived