How to make my build work better in condi meta with little / no removal?

Ameno.6813

I have a build that most people would consider "bad", but it's the most fun I've had out of any build yet and I've been more succesful with it than any of my other Engineer builds.

It's bruiser scrapper spec built around boon up-time, high-mobility, and tons of healing.

I've tried speccing out to deal with conditions, but it seems like it's a waste of time with all these condi-heavy builds people have been running. I can run Elixir C, for instance, but wasting a slot on something that can only clear conditions a couple of times a minute at most seems like it's doing more harm then good.

Play-style wise, what can I be doing to better mitigate conditions? Should I just be avoiding 1v1 fights against condi-heavy classes alltogether? It seems in most cases I'm only in trouble during prolonged fights. Generally I'll be able to burst them down quickly enough that I can shrug off the conditions with a bit of healing. The only class I can't seem to do this against is Scourges and Burn Guardians. They're both too tanky and too bursty for me to really do anything against. The other night a burn guardian got over 120k in on me in under a minute with seemingly little effort on their part.

I'd avoid them, but it seems every game has them lately.

Archived