Teams never use any strategy in pvp.

Kanade.6750

First time I have ever posted on the forums.

Biggest complaint is the majority of pvp teams I join, there is zero strategy. No one listens, no one seems to use reason or common sense. 40% of matches I have multiple allies go home and stay there until fully capped. I have had people just wander with no objective. No one will regroup or focus a target even when marked. Lose so many matches due to one factor, people just trickle in one at a time to mid and get farmed. This isn't a tower defense game stop acting like creeps and work as a unit. I watch the whole game and see people continue to try and triple cap while losing every point in the process because they will just zerg in groups of 3+ and mop up the random stragglers.

I am convinced that rating doesn't matter cause if my team is the same rating as me, then why are they performing terribly while the enemy team is excelling in teamwork, downing, capping, and reviving. 90%+ matches I have top revives and half the time I only manage to do it once cause I have no assistance whatsoever...a lot of them are easy to do. I have had dozens of matches where I down someone and they down me, but they are a necro with superior downed power so they will easily kill me before I do, then an ally arrives Yay! right? Nope. Instead of reviving me, they sit there and auto attack the necro and I die in the process due to necro's downed power, they pop up and then kill my ally and take the point. sigh

I know I am not the best player in the game, not even close, but I know I am pretty decent, and can tell when my team isn't pulling their weight or not even trying, or we are just being stomped cause no one will do anything .

I have people tell me if I were a better player then I wouldn't lose as much, of course being better will help win, but my skill alone cannot make up for four additional players, it doesn't even matter if I was the best player in the world, if my teammates are the worst players, and the 5 enemies are average, they will win. An analogy would be like driving on the most expensive name brand tire, but the other 3 are flat while they have 4 bald tires but they aren't flat. It just doesn't work.

I will try and team with friend but it almost seems to compound the lack of skill of the three players we get. It's almost as if the game is saying "Oh there are two decent players? Here carry three players that just bought GW2 20 minutes ago, got to lvl 2, came to heart of mists, and qued ranked"

I've had days were I have lost 10 matches in arow....and none of them were close. Then sometimes I can win tons and I see my teammates communicating, focus target, and not over extending. Just very frustrating to get on and play for 3 hours and not win a single match and it has almost little factor in my actual skill as a player, because the match making is terrible.

Only other option is to run around in a herd in WvW...

Am I the only one that experiences this frustration?

Archived