"Fractal God" Title needs a female version.

Subli.8217

I would prefer to have a "Fractal Goddess" title, it would fit both mine and my character's gender. It just feels like I'm left out and forgotten.Can we have the augmentation unlock 2 titles?The word God implies a male deity and is not gender neutral. Everywhere in the world, since the dawn of creation, priests of different religions described their god as male and it's now deeply rooted in our culture to associate this word with masculinity. More here: https://www.goddessariadne.org/why-women-need-the-goddess-part-1 (yes I actually browsed the net a bit just to make this thread, lol)

Besides, if I put so much of my time, gold and passion into the title is that too much to ask?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be cool if we also got a third title for all of us who identify as attack helicopters.

Ok jokes aside, fractal god sounds cheesy. Since fractals are all about traveling in the mists in diff locations created in them and litterally 1 fractal takes us lile next to the rift why not have the final title be related to that like rift traveler or something like that.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@TheSlothArmada.6709 said:-_-No. . .

Yes. If you are indifferent then there's no conflict. I am not indifferent and I'm voicing my opinion. Is there something wrong with that?

They weren't indifferent, they were opposing you, is there something wrong with that?

@MrsPanda.4781 said:What about those who are gender fluid? God is neither male nor female. in game they are referred too as a collective of "human gods" not gods and goddesses. To be truly equal - we would need the same title.

"Lyssa, the goddess of beauty, blessed me when I was young"

That is what my character description says. It is possible that the gods have no innate gender, but they certainly chose one or the other for their interaction with humans, asura, norn, sylvari and animals. I think the lack of "goddess" in titles is just an oversight. The designer was probably male ^^

I don't understand what's wrong with female version, hence all titles with gods something should have the option for goddess. but some annoying people will always object like it'll affect their salary or steal their pc or loot or something. it's just an extra grammar addition to the game to address the genders more accurately. I think those little details are nice. also for goddess walks among mere mortals altho i don't have it. :<

Yeah, but it sounds like the name is based off of a turn of phrase for skill mastery. You call someone, male or female, a cooking god, racing god, combat god etc. when they show top mastery in the given topic. Being called a god in the divine sense may have gender preference, but using this turn of phrase is what it is.

Stop making such a fuss about gender. Before you know it we'll have to make 346 different titles for all the ones people are making up nowadays.

I'm a female and I abhor this idea. "God" has become synonymous with someone being great at something. Hell, if you want to change this should we also change (read: ruin) GWAMM? What about the other hundred titles?

You don't like the way the title is worded then don't use it.

@Draco.9480 said:I don't understand what's wrong with female version, hence all titles with gods something should have the option for goddess. but some annoying people will always object like it'll affect their salary or steal their pc or loot or something. it's just an extra grammar addition to the game to address the genders more accurately. I think those little details are nice. also for goddess walks among mere mortals altho i don't have it. :<I agree, though it's not just the "god" titles, but also some others.

@"Miss Lana.5276" said:Stop making such a fuss about gender. Before you know it we'll have to make 346 different titles for all the ones people are making up nowadays.

I'm a female and I abhor this idea. "God" has become synonymous with someone being great at something. Hell, if you want to change this should we also change (read: ruin) GWAMM? What about the other hundred titles?

You don't like the way the title is worded then don't use it.

I agree, stop it already with this feminist fuzz. Always complaning about useless things like this. "oooh i feel triggered cuz of the male sexual title and im a female!!!! :( :("

OP, why do you think humans say "Our gods has blessed us" and not "our gods & goddesses has blessed us?Just because you assume gods are only for males then I have no words to you.

Jesus christ! :sweat_smile:

Is the title meant to be reflective of the player or character? Either? Both?

Seems like the start of something which would cascade across numerous facets of the game, beyond titles, beyond dialogues... is this really something that demands to have resources allocated at this time?

Edit: Just to elaborate, there are numerous examples of mismatched gender references across the game, many of which have been there since the start (GWAMM)... Not entirely sure why this case is any more or less egregious then those already existing. Not at all saying this shouldn't be addressed, just not convinced this type of corrective action should be limited to this particular title at this particular time.

@apharma.3741 said:Ask a Christian if god is male or female. You will likely get the answer of neither.

God is a position not a gender, it’s like asking for a female version of president or CEO.

No, there is "god" and "goddess", but only "president" and "officer". If "god" was like those, there would exist no "goddess".

@Faaris.8013 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Ask a Christian if god is male or female. You will likely get the answer of neither.

God is a position not a gender, it’s like asking for a female version of president or CEO.

No, there is "god" and "goddess", but only "president" and "officer". If "god" was like those, there would exist no "goddess".

But God is not a gender. In most religions God refers to an ultimate being, the one or collection of beings who are without equal. Some gods have gender but the title God itself is gender less.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:I'm amused by the amount of transphobia and misogyny in this thread. I find it offensive that you brush aside someone's "stupid gender issues". It doesn't affect you in any way so you're just being purposely malicious.

Transphobia? Where? Because gamers are throwing gamer gate memes at people?

And don't cheapen the REAL mysoginy of guys like Ted Bundy by calling people's reaction to this bad suggestion mysoginy... It water's down the word. Drastically. And after years or watering down the word, and gamer gate... You wonder why gamers dismiss feminist doctrine?

I understand wanting the other title. But it's a game where more than half of us play characters that don't match our biological gender.... Why in the world does this matter?

Other than to stir the recently over-stirred of pot of pop-culture feminism.

(EDIT: OH MY GAWD. THEY PUT HASH TAG GAMER GATE ON THE KITTEN FILTER? WHEN WILL THEY LEARN YOU CAN'T PROTECT PEOPLE FROM WORDS? YOU CAN'T GIVE OFFENSE, ONLY TAKE IT.)

@apharma.3741 said:

@Faaris.8013 said:

But God is not a gender. In most religions God refers to an ultimate being, the one or collection of beings who are without equal. Some gods have gender but the title God itself is gender less.

You are thinking in monotheism. In the game, we have polytheism, like the ancient greeks and other religions. There were clearly male and female gods, and they were addressed accordingly. Both Greeks and Romans had a word for god and for goddess. And so has GW2, just not in titles.

Archived