How to turn these spvp builds into wvw roaming builds?

Nimrud.5642

@Sovereign.1093 said:gw2skills.net/editor

experiment here first and use as template. then gear your toon in wvw

Did you ACTUALLY read his post? And note the links?? Holy hell.., his post links to the editor. He knows the kitten editor.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Did you ACTUALLY read his post? And note the links?? Holy hell.., his post links to the editor. He knows the kitten editor.

yup. did you read what i wrote in reply? once he's done experimenting, he tries it. make adjustments along the way.

from spvp, try what you come up from the editor. that is the answer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_and_error

@Sovereign.1093 said:

yup. did you read what i wrote in reply? once he's done experimenting, he tries it. make adjustments along the way.

So... you didn't read his post. He said those were his changes. He has made them. Your link to the editor just confirms my statement.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

So... you didn't read his post. He said those were his changes. He has made them. Your link to the editor just confirms my statement.

you do not understand.

the changes he made he must try by testing in wvw to see if it works.

he asked how. i informed him how.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/how

@Nimrud.5642 said:Hello,

so as the title says...

Here are the builds, and my potential wvw versions of them (which most likely need some / a lot more tweaking):

marauder soulbeast --> wvw version1, version2

avatar weaver --> wvw version1, version2

thx

So.. not an expert here. The avatar weaver version 1: I like the use of power, and I like the traits in this version better than the version 2. You have decent vitality and OK condi clear.I worry about your slot skills as most have a long cool down, but that can be tweaked based on your play style and who may be running with you.

U guys are funny - turning this into some kind of conflict... :) But I still appreciate ur efforts.

Back on topic:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Actually I took the lazy man's way and hoped for some1 who has already done this work for him-/herself and came up with a build. You know... the smart learn from others' mistakes the d_u.m,b (kittenizer resistent spelling here) dont even learn from their own.

@Nimrud.5642 said:U guys are funny - turning this into some kind of conflict... :) But I still appreciate ur efforts.

Back on topic:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Actually I took the lazy man's way and hoped for some1 who has already done this work for him-/herself and came up with a build. You know... the smart learn from others' mistakes the d_u.m,b (kittenizer resistent spelling here) dont even learn from their own.

go metabattle.com and check wvw section for roaming builds.

else, you will simply have to try and err.

or you can ask at the professions section of this forum. more in depth there.

a smart man learns from others, mistakes and successes, but knows his circumstance is not the same and will adjust after trying.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Nimrud.5642 said:U guys are funny - turning this into some kind of conflict... :) But I still appreciate ur efforts.

Back on topic:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

a smart man learns from others, mistakes and successes, but knows his circumstance is not the same and will adjust after trying.

Funny how you keep giving these useless answers. Shows that you care more about being right and intellectually superior than giving an actually useful answer. The appearent misunderstanding is that you act like my question was about the general methodology of turning an spvp build into a wvw one and not the actual steps of it. But ofc its not a misunderstanding, you do it on purpose. And although nothing you said was wrong or false you added zero value to this thread. Ego's a bitch...

If this does not work here I may cut this into two and post them separately on ele and ranger forums. :)

I don't think Avatar Weaver build 1 will work at all. With the amount of LB rangers and one shot mesmers running around now, you'd probably get destroyed most of the time. Build 2 is more balanced but then again, you're easily countered by most meta roaming classes.

But if you really wanna go for it, I'd say build 2 for Weaver.

@Nimrud.5642 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Back on topic:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

Funny how you keep giving these useless answers. Shows that you care more about being right and intellectually superior than giving an actually useful answer. The appearent misunderstanding is that you act like my question was about the general methodology of turning an spvp build into a wvw one and not the actual steps of it. But ofc its not a misunderstanding, you do it on purpose. And although nothing you said was wrong or false you added zero value to this thread. Ego's a kitten...

If this does not work here I may cut this into two and post them separately on ele and ranger forums. :)

Well the answer to your question is to try it out. Thats it. theory is theory, application is another.

if you dont like it, not much i can do. i simply respond to the question.

Archived