Medium Armor

JacX.7109

ArenaNet, this post is for you. hope you read this.

I have been playing for a few years and messing around with the wardrobe to find that Medium armors are highly neglected among the armors....98% of the non gem store armor are all trench coats, 98% of all the leggings are pants and not skirts, dresses (for females).Please oh please add some non gem store or even more gem store (non outfits) options for the females that use medium armor.Its really hard to find a combination that fits a female while having the female figure remain.

Thank you.

Heavy armor by definition will usually be plate, chain mail, with some leather bracing involved.

Medium armor by default will be some chain mail, leather, maybe some stealthy elements involved.

Light armor will usually be cloth, dresses, skirts (more skin = greater armor logic), fabric, etc.

You can thank D&D, reality, physics (to an extent), and class ideas for this.

@Sylanna.1947 said:they should just release a few solo pieces in the gem store, some medium tops that aren't coats, and some light pants that aren't skirts. People would buy the hell out them

They should just release a bunch as drops, not in the gemstore. Back in the frostgorge champion train era the playerbase was dying down from a content drought and they added a content patch that was just adding a bunch of new exotic weapons to the drop tables and it brought a ton of players back to the game. We've never had the same thing for armor, or even had armor drops that weren't part of a set, and having them would do a lot for the game.

@Cekay.2614 said:what about giving every class access to every armor class. just the skins.problems solved and MUCH more combinations are possible now.

i am aware that this could produce some clipping issues here and there...but i would be ok with that!

not just some clipping issues, you will see entire skirts clip trough trench coats.

@Cekay.2614 said:what about giving every class access to every armor class. just the skins.problems solved and MUCH more combinations are possible now.

i am aware that this could produce some clipping issues here and there...but i would be ok with that!

It’s not just clipping. Apparently the number of dyes channels isn’t consistent across all armor weights, and probably what exactly dyes where.

:( thank you, I just wanted to confirm before I tried and ended up wasting armor.> @IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@Dutchman.9013 said:Hey guys, a question on armor skins..Can one apply the medium armor looks to say a light armor piece?

No, and that is unlikely to change.

:( thank you, I just wanted to confirm before I tried and ended up wasting armor.

Archived