Legendaries and the Market

I know it has been mentioned before, but I think there is a serious issue with Mystic coins. For gen 1 and backpack legendries around 231 are needed. Doing just daily login you get 20 a month. So within a year you get 240, which should be enough. Legendary armor upped the number to about 270. This added about 3 more months. However, if you farm mystic clovers through reward tracks this can be reduced. That was appreciated.The problems is gen 2 weapons require about 481 coins Yes, you can still farm mystic clovers, but let's look at the sources we have to get double the amount of mystic coins. We have dailies (20/month which is roughly 2 years now instead of one), there is a pve event that provides ONE and a fractal that provides ONE-THREE. Then there is forge range or the automated tournaments. Here is the thing, tournaments are probably the best source, but their start time is so inconsistent that they too hard to participate in. An easy fix is standardize the times of daily and monthly tournaments.Looking at GW2BLTC there are 38000 coins on the market and the demand for125000 coins. However, the current listed supply is only enough to make 79 gen 2 legendary weapons.I suggest adding mystic coins to the drop tables of world bosses and meta events of a range of 1-3 whichcould improve this market. This will encourage continuous play of previous content. Also, add it to the loot table for getting gold on activities.

Before it has been mentioned that the player base has the supply. Here is the thing, why would they want to sell when the amount of coins needed continues to rise? Gen 2 legendries encourage hoarding because they require so many coins and the ability to replenish coins are so sparse.

Please increase the sources of mystic coins.

Agreed! They should also add (if they haven't and is yet undocumented in the wiki) new sources of Amalgamated Gemstones in PoF maps. I mean they made a new Gift for PoF players but still requires a item that can only be aquired in HoT (or through expensive, expensive crafting/TP purchases).But yeah, pushing Legendary Crafting towards the Trading Post instead of gameplay is the main reason why i don't do it. Also yeah, there's a serious issue with supply, i went in to check, for example, the supply of Orbs and such for Amalgamated Gemstone crafting... And there's barely enough for 500 gemstones on many of those items (each legendary takes 250).This focus on scarcity is way too extreme, and if a legendary comes out that really pushes the envelope there might not be enough items in the market to support the needs of thos recipes.

Do fractals! You can buy 2/day for a third (or in my case, a FIFTH...) of the anticipated cost in Coins.

@ReaverKane.7598 New sources of Amal-Gems? I'd heard the rumor, but how can we get more in PoF?

This focus on scarcity is way too extremeAgreed. But then, I'm also deciding to put together Juggernaut after the newer legendary hammer was undead-themed. :skull: I'm going to need so many Silver Doubloons, and even after introducing new faucets for them, they're still really rare.

But it's otherwise feast or famine, right? The market is tumbling down in a lot of places, T5/6 materials especially, and even the Unidentified gear cut in half from the before the patch.

Imo, the alreay added enough alternatives to obtain mystic coins. (Daily ley-line boss, WvW pips. [100cm/daily frac chests have a chance] and mystic coins have already dropped in price since PoF release. BTW there is a thing called the TP if you ever need Mystic Coins :^)

The cost of making legendaries is relatively low these days, despite the cost of mystic coins. ANet offers anyone enough m-coins each year to make a legendary and another minor shiny or two. Those who want more shiny and super-shiny items can get all the m-coins they want on the TP.

In other words, there's plenty of supply; people are just used to getting m-coins for cheap.

@Rauderi.8706 said:Do fractals! You can buy 2/day for a third (or in my case, a FIFTH...) of the anticipated cost in Coins.

@"ReaverKane.7598" New sources of Amal-Gems? I'd heard the rumor, but how can we get more in PoF?

This focus on scarcity is way too extremeAgreed. But then, I'm also deciding to put together Juggernaut after the newer legendary hammer was undead-themed. :skull: I'm going to need so many Silver Doubloons, and even after introducing new faucets for them, they're still really rare.

But it's otherwise feast or famine, right? The market is tumbling down in a lot of places, T5/6 materials especially, and even the Unidentified gear cut in half from the before the patch.

Didn't say there is, i'm saying that i hope they add one. Because the Amalgamated Gems was a stupid situation, and it's not improved. And adding a "Desert Mastery" gift that requires a HoT exclusive item, is kind of trolling.

You can thank Arena Net's meddling for the crappy situation of the economy. Too many extreme solutions tend to flip the market, and create instabilities that tend to compound the problems, not solve them.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The cost of making legendaries is relatively low these days, despite the cost of mystic coins. ANet offers anyone enough m-coins each year to make a legendary and another minor shiny or two. Those who want more shiny and super-shiny items can get all the m-coins they want on the TP.

In other words, there's plenty of supply; people are just used to getting m-coins for cheap.

i dont remember mystic coins being cheap for a long time, true they were worth a few copper or silver 2 or 3 years ago but not for a long ass time now.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

For clovers the recent patch added the ability to buy them from the fractal vendor. No RNG, daily limit of 2.

Also, costs less in tradeable goods: 1 m-coin, 3 ecto, versus average of 3.3 m-coins & 3.3 ecto (shard costs are about the same; trade-off is it costs 150 relics instead of ~7k karma)

Less in everything if the wiki is correct about the average cost being

3.2 Mystic Coins3.2 Obsidian Shards3.2 Globs of Ectoplasm1.94 spirit shards

even if you account for the value of the "failed" items.

I acknowledge other ways. I question if there are enough ways given the increased need for them, or if they reward enough. I like legendries be tied to playing the game and not the TP.I want nothing for free. I am simply questioning if the ways coins are rewarded is equal to the current demand.

@Mysticjedi.6053 said:I am simply questioning if the ways coins are rewarded is equal to the current demand.

Apparently it is, since no one has a problem buying enough m-coins to craft their shinies. (The price might be higher, but the supply is consistently high enough to meet the demand. When the price goes "too high," folks decide to sell their hoarded m-coins.)

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:Do fractals! You can buy 2/day for a third (or in my case, a FIFTH...) of the anticipated cost in Coins.

@"ReaverKane.7598" New sources of Amal-Gems? I'd heard the rumor, but how can we get more in PoF?

Didn't say there is, i'm saying that i hope they add one. Because the Amalgamated Gems was a stupid situation, and it's not improved. And adding a "Desert Mastery" gift that requires a HoT exclusive item, is kind of trolling.

You can thank Arena Net's meddling for the crappy situation of the economy. Too many extreme solutions tend to flip the market, and create instabilities that tend to compound the problems, not solve them.

What "HoT exclusive" item is in the Gift of Desert Mastery?AG's were added to the game before HoT, so a little hard to be exclusive there... ;)

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

What "HoT exclusive" item is in the Gift of Desert Mastery?AG's were added to the game
before
HoT, so a little hard to be exclusive there... ;)

You are kind of correct. They were added as a gimmick for the Eternal Sands Focus, where you required 20. Now you're required 250, and they are a HoT exclusive drop.They only became prominent because of HoT and still only drop from HoT-related sources (Meta game, and bags).So yes, unless there are new sources, new players that only acquire PoF are restricted to a method of crafting with extremely limited availability.You require 1850 Orbs or doubloons for the 75+ecto=10 AG's recipe.Agate Orbs have 1925 in the TP, enough for one legendary. Moonstone Orbs, have less than 1 legendary worth, Rubies and Opals have ~10 each. Coral and Ebony ~5.Silver and plat doubloons also have around ~10 each, while the others ~5 or less...You can buy the gemstones directly, which is arguably a bit more expensive and you can craft 59 Legendaries from those.Not very many on a game that boasts 11 million players.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

You require 1850 Orbs or doubloons for the 75+ecto=10 AG's recipe.Agate Orbs have 1925 in the TP, enough for one legendary. Moonstone Orbs, have less than 1 legendary worth, Rubies and Opals have ~10 each. Coral and Ebony ~5.Silver and plat doubloons also have around ~10 each, while the others ~5 or less...You can buy the gemstones directly, which is arguably a bit more expensive and you can craft 59 Legendaries from those.Not very many on a game that boasts 11 million players.

You assume that all stock is visible. A lot of materials aren't on the TP, but are in peoples banks/storage.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

What "HoT exclusive" item is in the Gift of Desert Mastery?AG's were added to the game
before
HoT, so a little hard to be exclusive there... ;)

You are kind of correct. They were added as a gimmick for the Eternal Sands Focus, where you required 20. Now you're required 250, and they are a HoT exclusive drop.They only became prominent because of HoT and still only drop from HoT-related sources (Meta game, and bags).So yes, unless there are new sources, new players that only acquire PoF are restricted to a method of crafting with extremely limited availability.You require 1850 Orbs or doubloons for the 75+ecto=10 AG's recipe.Agate Orbs have 1925 in the TP, enough for one legendary. Moonstone Orbs, have less than 1 legendary worth, Rubies and Opals have ~10 each. Coral and Ebony ~5.Silver and plat doubloons also have around ~10 each, while the others ~5 or less...You can buy the gemstones directly, which is arguably a bit more expensive and you can craft 59 Legendaries from those.Not very many on a game that boasts 11 million players.

Doesn't change the fact that they are core items as the primary way of getting them are through MFing orbs etc. Why primary? It's not timegated, as opposed to the meta rewards.

Archived