Fallen Brandstones broken

Locce.8405

I am afraid the last patch really broke the Fallen Brandstones. Even with multiple people trying to unearth the brandstone with their multitools there is nothing to be found at all. At this rate they are basically a purple sparkle on the ground with no use whatsoever.

• 1 month later...

@"Locce.8405" said:I am afraid the last patch really broke the Fallen Brandstones. Even with multiple people trying to unearth the brandstone with their multitools there is nothing to be found at all. At this rate they are basically a purple sparkle on the ground with no use whatsoever.

Still bugged for me. Get the "must be within proximity to impact site" while trying to use skills 1 and 2 to do the initial unearth (standing right next to still glowing impact site).

If someone else unearths the initial one it seems to work fine.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I have yet to have been blocked from gathering. I just wait for someone who has unlocked the extra skills to set it up first. It means extra kralk ore and 90% of the time, I'm not first on the scene anyhow.

Maybe something is wrong; it just hasn't stopped me from progressing quests or accumulating mats/currency.

That's great for you, but it does not really have anything to do with whether a bug exists or not. I have missed out on harvesting multiple impacts that disappeared while I wasted minutes with my bugged multitool that says "you must be within range of a brandstone impact site" while I am standing right next to the crater that the mounted special action key points to and where I just killed the branded elementals seconds ago.

@thehipone.6812 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I have yet to have been blocked from gathering. I just wait for someone who has unlocked the extra skills to set it up first. It means extra kralk ore and 90% of the time, I'm not first on the scene anyhow.

Maybe something is wrong; it just hasn't stopped me from progressing quests or accumulating mats/currency.

That's great for you, but it does not really have anything to do with whether a bug exists or not. I have missed out on harvesting multiple impacts that disappeared while I wasted minutes with my bugged multitool that says "you must be within range of a brandstone impact site" while I am standing right next to the crater that the mounted special action key points to and where I just killed the branded elementals seconds ago.

That's why I wrote, "maybe something is wrong" and offered a strategy for how to work around whatever issue there might be. I'm not denying the possibility of a bug; I'm trying to explain how you can avoid having to wait for it to be fixed (if there is one).

It's definitely a clunky mechanic: the site is only eligible for a few minutes, but the icon (and the display of the meteor effects) remains for a bit longer. The tool will allow you to use it sometime after you've run out of time or already farmed sufficiently. And it's unclear to a lot of people about how to use it (the in-game descriptions from the NPCs aren't clear and the skill descriptions aren't either).

So I hope they do change things. In the meantime:

• Ideally, join a squad using LFG (if any are up).
  • Less ideally, swap maps whenever possible, usually easiest right before or after the Palawadan and GH assaults.
  • Once a meteor hits, announce it in /map to get more people there and head to the site as quickly as your mounts & waypoints will take you.
  • Don't bother with foes unless you have to.
  • If possible, wait for someone to declare that they have tagged the site with their [5] skill (or do it yourself and let /map know)
  • Spam the [1] skill to find the shards
  • Use [2] once and wait (and wait and wait a bit more) to dig up the shard.
  • Do not press [f], but use [3] for the maximum amount of resources. ([f] can sometimes give you nothing, depending on circumstances)

Again, I'm not saying this fixes anything that might be broken. I'm saying that once I learned to follow the above, I haven't had trouble gathering, except when I was late to the scene. (e.g. too busy with Palawadan to notice the strike)

@thehipone.6812 said:

True, had 2 tries now and zero zip nada, tool didnt do jack all and no nothing for progression

@Tyrusaran.5809 said:

True, had 2 tries now and zero zip nada, tool didnt do jack all and no nothing for progression

Just had my first farming of the impact site, on 5th or 6th try. bugged as hell.

Just had a field that was bugged, couldn't use skill 5 on it, or skill 1 to look for locations to dig up. IP 227, if you want to/are able to go take a look.

One thing I noticed is I heard it fall, but Fatima didn't offer her usual, helpful notification.

Saw a squad out so used it to move to IP 82. Hopefully I'll have some better luck there. Need 200 more powder for a sword for my Ranger! :3

Update: 1 hour later - 82 has been great. She calls out the falls. Haven't come across a broken one yet. Unless you call the big rock one 'broken', which I do, because I don't really understand why it exists and what is so great about it. I always get less from that and seemingly have less control than the field variety.

Archived