Queueing with Lower Ranked Friend

Dahkeus.8243

So, I'm currently platinum rank and I've decided to start doing some ranked PvP with someone who hasn't done any ranked games this season and I'm curious if anyone knows how the matchmaking/ranking system will affect this. Will we get paired with platinum teams, lower ranked teams, or something in between? Also, will my friend gain rank faster or at a normal rate compared to if they were queueing without me?

I'm not terribly worried about the effects, even if they're negative since I don't care much about my own rank, but I'm curious as to what the effects will be.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:If you have 1600 you won't be able to play with anyone.

Did the Krait steal your quaggan that normally posts?

I'm genuinely curious on how these forums work. From what I've noticed, profanity gets filtered with "kitten" and "I" in posts with quaggan avatars gets replaced with "quaggan". But after seeing this, is everyone here just memers? Or is this an automatic thing.

Did that before. Was around 1580+ and queued with a friend on 1.1k and we got queued with low and high skilled players alike. We actually lost a game, -30. Won 3 games afterwards and it was only around +7 to +10 IIRC. Queue time was so long (always more than 5 minutes) and it was on a weekend morning.

@ChivalrousKnight.7201 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:If you have 1600 you won't be able to play with anyone.

Did the Krait steal your quaggan that normally posts?

I'm genuinely curious on how these forums work. From what I've noticed, profanity gets filtered with "kitten" and "I" in posts with quaggan avatars gets replaced with "quaggan". But after seeing this, is everyone here just memers? Or is this an automatic thing.

Morwath spices up the forums a little with the quaggan role play and kitten for swear words is automatic.

For matchmaking purposes the duo will be treated as two players of the higher rank.

Ex, 1500 & 1350 players queue and are matched as two 1500s.

This was done many seasons ago to combat high level players queuing with low ranked smurfs to match manipulate.

Scoring wise both players are treated with their actual rating. Ex the 1500 will lose more points and will gain fewer than the 1350 partner.

@Ryan.9387 said:For matchmaking purposes the duo will be treated as two players of the higher rank.

Ex, 1500 & 1350 players queue and are matched as two 1500s.

This was done many seasons ago to combat high level players queuing with low ranked smurfs to match manipulate.

Scoring wise both players are treated with their actual rating. Ex the 1500 will lose more points and will gain fewer than the 1350 partner.

Yea, this has matched what I’ve experienced so far. It sucks to be penalized for PvPing with someone who hasn’t done it as much, but I know people really exploited matchmaking in previous seasons by queueing with lower ranked people. This is why we can’t have nice things, I guess. =/

Archived