Why are you so stingy with achievement points?

Kapax.3801

What are you afraid of?

So I always ask because they give few points of achievements with each new content you add, very expensive or difficult to complete collections only worth 3 points? crafting precursor also get a few points. and now it appears to remain in the range of 1-3 points, with 5 to 10 exepcional.When they put the new map and could get 8 points a day, it was great because at least people would have something else to do on the map (apart from being farmed) but everything turned out to be an "error" and we went back to the old system of 4 daily and 0 points.

In the future, I would like them to return when the achievements were between 5-10 points and the goal 25-50 points.In fact, I would like you to review the theme of the collections and some difficult achievements to complete and give you the amount you really deserve.

Honestly I've heard a plethora of valid arguments for both sides of adding more and not adding more. At this point, if anet could do it without spearing a bunch of time to overhaul things in their system up the later cause people would get to rewards that aren't planed out well that much faster, then sure why not. Otherwise I'm fine with whatever the overall amount is that we get per release(s). I think the main thing they need to work on is balance of what should be 1,3,5, and 10ap achievements. It has been and continues to be very unbalanced through PoF. Some super hard things get you 3ap, where many easy things get you 10. One mastery point from one achievement, gets you 1ap for a collection and another in a different map gives you 5ap. To me that's what should be looked at; the details in the total not the total number it's self.

(It kinda sounds like your talking somewhat about this more then increasing the number but wanted to make it clear that I don't think bloating more ap into rewarding will be any better with how random they choose what collection get what amount.)

I've always thought their AP system was ridiculous in every imaginable way.

Has a choice of two armor sets, but removes the choice by requiring you to fill out both at the same time.Both armor sets cannot be dyedMost tiers give fewer rewards personal story steps, map completion, dailies, etc. And THOSE are already considered unrewarding unless you do them constantly.Zero choice in what rewards you get, one size does not fit all

Seriously, the entire system is just an unrewarding ill thought out hodgepodge, and worst of all is that when they updated it last, they stated that they could not retroactively give rewards that had been updated or would they be able to in the future. So you are very likely screwing yourself over by gaining AP.

I just recently hit the 'no more dailies' wall, and it's a 'tad' of a bummer, I suppose, but each time new content comes out, my number gets a little jump.

I think it would be neat if each new zone's dailies had a meta for a few points that capped at like 10x or 20x or something, that would help a little.

I love doing achievement hunting, but when an achievement gives me 0, or takes 10 hours to complete for a "collection" (I'm looking at you Flameseeker Prophecies Collection in Augury Rock.) and hardly any points to show. It really keeps me away from even wanting to complete it if all I get is "Satisfaction of completing the achievement."

I cannot vote, no option meets what I think.

Achievement points have no other purposes than getting achievement chests. The content of most of those chests (apart from some rare exceptions) is less than what we can get on a daily basis, alone with a meta event or even just by doing daily (2 gold), apart from the +1% account bonuses.

For me, to earn points for those chests should in no way be an objective. I understand it more like a slow going thing - points adding over time - and once in awhile, the chest is a good one. That's all.

Achievements are "just" a way to offer a huge amount of different things to do, giving the player the possibility to pick only what he/she likes (for example, selecting to do only those that brings something additional to the points, or doing a collection only because we love the skins, or keep the ones bringing points only for later when we reach cap at daily, and so on....). To earn the points from them is - for me personally - just a side thing, like a bonus, but not the main target.

I have 30k and I dont care. I use achievements as a guide to complete stuff. (Sometimes its just silly like with killing x bosses in some random event in a meta which happens automatically anyway) How much AP it gives is irrelevant to me. Or I guess the lack of arbitrary importance is preferable to me when doing achievements. I havent even maxed daily achievements.

The achievement should be valuable on its own and definitely doesnt need huge amounts to show as important.

I do try to do some more things as I get closer to a reward but otherwise meh to amount of AP.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:I have 30k and I dont care. I use achievements as a guide to complete stuff. (Sometimes its just silly like with killing x bosses in some random event in a meta which happens automatically anyway) How much AP it gives is irrelevant to me. Or I guess the lack of arbitrary importance is preferable to me when doing achievements.

The achievement should be valuable on its own and definitely doesnt need huge amounts to show as important.

I do try to do some more things as I get closer to a reward but otherwise meh to amount of AP.

I feel the same way, don't give a darn about my AP since it's so high. However if a challenging achievement give 20 AP versus 1... probly not gonna even look at the 1 AP.

My play time has decreased DRAMATICALLY partly due to the low AP rewards of late. It's a stupid thing, but, cmon, give me something.

Excelsior, 2.5 years since I registered; 980 AP here.I can understand why they are here, and I really like it just as much as I like the "eternal levelling" (mastery system), it gives me a reason to log on when I am out of stuff to do or when I don't feel like proceeding in the story.

But I also really do not care. Yesterday I killed some annoying guy at the top of a mountain I needed to glide off from to reach a lower part of the landscape and fulfilled something. I was like "oh, cool" and did not even read what is was all about. The entire achievment thing is a more or less stupid thing that came with the XBOX 360 and now people are assumed to like when there is a "bob-blip" sound and a little notification like XBOX, PS Trophies or Steam Games feature.

@Zionka.6897 said:I'm not usually a cynical person, but my theory is, they're running out of skins for achievement milestone chests, and prefer to put new skins into the BL chests or the store.

Has anyone even started the pinnacle set, yet?They can always make another set of the crystal weapons, but this time with an aura/effect.And maybe a hellfire/radiant tonic/infusionHellfire/radiant weapon galleryIm saying with 2000 ap between each item we dont have to run out of stuff until 2175 considering we get a maximum of 1-3 ap for long achievements

Any repeatable hearts from LS3 forward (starting with Ember Bay, I guess) should offer up 1AP per week, let's say. It would keep people rotating in and out of older-but-not-old maps.

I don't even farm AP outside of what dailies provide. If an achievement doesn't offer a Mastery Point or desirable item, I don't bother most of the time. The system definitely needs a revamp.

As an achievement hunter it irks me that we get so few points. It is probably so people who started day 1 or even transfered data from gw1 are the only ones who have access to the full armor sets radiant and hellfire. I have done every achievement in the slayer category with a few exceptions like giants and i am working on completing warhorn and focus kills. I started playing a bit after the zephyrite celebration and crown pavillion and i am at 15.517 ap. List of stuff to do is getting low

@Zionka.6897 said:I'm not usually a cynical person, but my theory is, they're running out of skins for achievement milestone chests, and prefer to put new skins into the BL chests or the store.

This is just bogus. No one is even remotely close to the point where ANet would have to add even 2 new skins to the AP reward cycle. 2 skins. This isn't a valid excuse, and definitely not why they are so stingy.

• 2 months later...

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:I cannot vote, no option meets what I think.

Achievement points have no other purposes than getting achievement chests. The content of most of those chests (apart from some rare exceptions) is less than what we can get on a daily basis, alone with a meta event or even just by doing daily (2 gold), apart from the +1% account bonuses.

For me, to earn points for those chests should in no way be an objective. I understand it more like a slow going thing - points adding over time - and once in awhile, the chest is a good one. That's all.

Achievements are "just" a way to offer a huge amount of different things to do, giving the player the possibility to pick only what he/she likes (for example, selecting to do only those that brings something additional to the points, or doing a collection only because we love the skins, or keep the ones bringing points only for later when we reach cap at daily, and so on....). To earn the points from them is - for me personally - just a side thing, like a bonus, but not the main target.

I don't know. I like the karma, gold, experience, magic find buff too. Actually I like that more than the chest in most cases. Over time those bonuses really do add up.

The reason is because they planned on those skins not being obtained until certain year markers.Sure, some people want to earn the "I've played for 10 years" reward skins the first or second year, but that isn't how the system was designed.It's that simple. Honestly, they should remove the dailies from the achievement points too, because logging in and farming a gathering node or viewing a vista is NOT an achievement. But, Anet added those to the total so people could get some skins earlier.

Here is my analogy of what every AP thread is like: let's assume OP is 25 years old for the analogy.Player just got their birthday present for 25 but is complaining that their relatives haven't sent them their 40th birthday present yet.

Archived