Is Menders coming to PVE?

Opopanax.1803

Uuuuh... you get like a thousand extra points in PvE over sPvP amulets, I am fairly sure you can emulate Menders. With full celestial, bloodlust and monk runes you get the same power, 100 more vitality, 600 more toughness, 600 more condi dmg, 5% better crit chance and 45% higher crit damage at the cost of 400 less healing power (which can be higher by swapping out some celestial, but you loose an actual usefull fighter)

The reason I am requesting this is that both Ele tempest heals and a guardian healer that I'd like to play would be nice with a power vitality healing combo, and there are no good set ups right now for that in pve.

Unfortunately both of those classes have super low starting health, and I am not the best player that can operate without a decent health pool.

@Opopanax.1803 said:I believe that power is quite a bit less, as is healing power as far as mix and match with celestial.

Hence why you beef it up with other things, such as food thats not available in sPvP or sigils or runes. There is a reason WvW builds roflstomp all over sPvP builds - you can build to do tons more damage at the same base stats as PvP amulets because you got those thousand extra points to play with. The stats I randomly slapped together (no traits, food and simple sigil buffed) got:

2077 power, 1639 toughness, 1709 vitality, 1639 precision, 639 ferocity, 639 condi dmg, 814 healingVs menders (same runes)2050 power, 0 toughness, 1560 vitality, 1560 precision, 0 ferocity, 0 condi dmg, 1225 healing

Does menders have more healing power? Yes. Unfortunetly, the scaling of hp is horrible. Thats what... maybe 10% better healing? Somewhere around there.

Meanwhile, the PvE stats do considerable more damage... Condi dmg for example double from just those 600 points. Still low compared to condi builds but you get an idea on the scaling.

And thats why you dont need menders.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:I believe that power is quite a bit less, as is healing power as far as mix and match with celestial.

Hence why you beef it up with other things, such as food thats not available in sPvP or sigils or runes. There is a reason WvW builds roflstomp all over sPvP builds - you can build to do tons more damage at the same base stats as PvP amulets because you got those thousand extra points to play with. The stats I randomly slapped together (no traits, food and simple sigil buffed) got:

2077 power, 1639 toughness, 1709 vitality, 1639 precision, 639 ferocity, 639 condi dmg, 814 healingVs menders (same runes)2050 power, 0 toughness, 1560 vitality, 1560 precision, 0 ferocity, 0 condi dmg, 1225 healing

Does menders have more healing power? Yes. Unfortunetly, the scaling of hp is
horrible
. Thats what... maybe 10% better healing? Somewhere around there.

Meanwhile, the PvE stats do considerable more damage... Condi dmg for example double from just those 600 points. Still low compared to condi builds but you get an idea on the scaling.

Looks like you are picking ascended gear when you are doing celestial? PvP amulet uses exotic stats, not ascended, so far as I can tell.

I'm getting about 400 less power on healing and power when I build 1:1 with exotics and nok buffs in booth builds.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Does menders have more healing power? Yes. Unfortunetly, the scaling of hp is
horrible
. Thats what... maybe 10% better healing? Somewhere around there.

Well obviously Menders as a PvE set, would have higher power, vitality, precision and healing than your set-up. Sacrificing the condition damage and toughness would be the point of the set-up. If you're power, you're not focused on condi, and if you're healing, you just need time to heal (i.e. vitality).

I understand your point, that you can likely approximate a Menders set-up, but you're completely missing the point if you think your set-up "trumps" it, because your starting premise is comparing a PvP build to a PvE one...

I actually did some work on something like this a few months back. Rather, trying to figure out the closest approximation to Mender's stats through PvE availability without including any other stats in the mix (so, purely Power, Healing Power, Precision, and Vitality stats).

I think I might still have the numbers saved somewhere..

Yeah, I have done some work mixing gear, but power and healing together are linked to toughness, not vitality. You can.pull it off with Condi instead of power via 3 stat sets and Seraphs, but I like to stick with power.

The 4 stat gear is so much better for low.health class like Ele, Guard, and Theif.

So, I found the numbers, and.. it seems I looked into only Armor pieces, not full builds. While it means it's not complete build information, perhaps it can be a general baseline to build upon.

These are the stats a full set of Mender's Ascended armor would give if available in PvE:Power - 376 | Healing Power - 376Precision - 207 | Vitality - 207

Looking into the stats available in PvE, the only stat combos which utilize Mender's stats are:Zealot's - Power+/Healing Power/PrecisionMagi's - Healing Power+/Precision/Vitality

So, while trying to utilize these stat combos to approximate a "Mender's" build, I noticed a few things.

1. There will be an extra surplus of Precision, no matter how you mix and match.
  2. The biggest trade-off seems to be between Power vs Vitality (plus Healing Power, to a lesser extent).
  3. Runes of Exuberance give 175 Vitality, and convert a percentage of your Vitality into the other Mender's stats (3% into Healing Power, 5% into Precision, and 7% into Power). Unfortunately, these runes are not exactly the cheapest at 12g each, nor are they exactly easy to craft due to using a full stack of Watchwork Sprockets per rune..

In any case, solely for Ascended Armor pieces, here are some mixes I tried with and without Superior Runes of Exuberance.Edit: I should have the Base stats included in the numbers initially, so now they are.

• Magi's - Chest, Boots / Zealot's - Head, Shoulders, Gloves, Legs

• Base plus Armor Stats: Power - 1251 | Healing Power - 368 | Precision - 1315 | Vitality - 1135
    • w/ Rune of Exuberance: Power - 1342 | Healing Power - 407 | Precision - 1380 | Vitality - 1310
  • Magi's - Legs, Boots / Zealot's - Head, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves

• Base plus Armor Stats: Power - 1298 | Healing Power - 355 | Precision - 1315 | Vitality - 1101
    • w/ Rune of Exuberance: Power - 1387 | Healing Power - 393 | Precision - 1378 | Vitality - 1276
  • Magi's - Head, Boots / Zealot's - Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Legs

• Base plus Armor Stats: Power - 1329 | Healing Power - 346 | Precision - 1315 | Vitality - 1079
    • w/ Rune of Exuberance: Power - 1416 | Healing Power - 383 | Precision - 1377 | Vitality - 1254
  • Magi's - Gloves, Boots / Zealot's - Head, Shoulders, Chest, Legs

• Base plus Armor Stats: Power - 1345 | Healing Power - 341 | Precision - 1315 | Vitality - 1068
    • w/ Rune of Exuberance: Power - 1432 | Healing Power - 378 | Precision - 1377 | Vitality - 1243

I'm not sure if any of this will come in handy, especially since this is only factoring Base + Armor stats rather than an entire build. However, since I'd already done some research on Mender's stat substitutes, I may as well share it.

• 5 months later...

Archived