I (and probably the vast majority of revenants) want Equilibrium back.

Alveen.7239

I just don't understand why they removed equilibrium and then went on to give us a crappier version that's in the same line as rolling mists like who in their right mind is taking that ffs. Also to the people who are inevitably going to tell me to switch to sword offhand, no, the answer isn't forcing someone to use a certain weapon.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:I for one don't. I hate these kind of traits, like the Damage on roll traits for Warriors and Thief. Doing 8k+ for simply changing Legend was simply put. Over the top.

Was for doing the legend swap while having 50%+ of the energy, which means that you must to chose between spamming skills or stacking your energy to the desired time. Spirit Boon is 100% a passive skill: most of the time you swap there will be 0 thoughs or management in why you did change and what you get. And anyway 8k damage wasn't a number you would look at PvP; to reach that number you need some extra buffs from things like food or the hydromancy sigil, both of which are banned in PvP.

@Buran.3796 said:Was for doing the legend swap while having 50%+ of the energy, which means that you must to chose between spamming skills or stacking your energy to the desired time. Spirit Boon is 100% a passive skill: most of the time you swap there will be 0 thoughs or management in why you did change and what you get. And anyway 8k damage wasn't a number you would look at PvP; to reach that number you need some extra buffs from things like food or the hydromancy sigil, both of which are banned in PvP.

Well, in WvW you could Easily see more than 8k+ from just that alone, add in things like Hydromancy and you could see 10k-11k+ from just swapping legend. Dont get me wrong, Spirit Boon is boring and rather crap BUT i am glad that they removed Equilibrium.

With grieving stats you can almost recreate something like Equilibrium. Just take hydromancy and geomancy sigils, Song of the Mists, Spirit Boon, Maniacal Persistence, Abyssal Chill and Venom Enhancement. Then every time you swap to Mallyx you deal like 3-4k damage plus some 1-2k condi ticks. It's kind of a fun if you don't mind dying from people breathing on you.

@Flauvious.6195 said:Nah, equilibrium was no fun, required you to do nothing for a bit and it was Insta cast, no animation, no counterplay cancer that isn't healthy for the game. I just wish they had that philosphophy towards all classes.

Yeah idk it wasn't as brainless as people made it out to be. You had to be within 240 range, had to have over 50% energy, had to pair it with some sort of skill (which uses up energy so there's more micro-management there). imo it was a good trait that required a little bit of planning with a nice pay-off, too bad A-net is deciding to dumb everything down for people that either don't wanna learn how to use it or don't know how to predict a burst /gg

@Clownmug.8357 said:With grieving stats you can almost recreate something like Equilibrium. Just take hydromancy and geomancy sigils, Song of the Mists, Spirit Boon, Maniacal Persistence, Abyssal Chill and Venom Enhancement. Then every time you swap to Mallyx you deal like 3-4k damage plus some 1-2k condi ticks. It's kind of a fun if you don't mind dying from people breathing on you.

Haha seems like an interesting workaround

@Alveen.7239 said:

@Flauvious.6195 said:Nah, equilibrium was no fun, required you to do nothing for a bit and it was Insta cast, no animation, no counterplay cancer that isn't healthy for the game. I just wish they had that philosphophy towards all classes.

Yeah idk it wasn't as brainless as people made it out to be. You had to be within 240 range, had to have over 50% energy, had to pair it with some sort of skill (which uses up energy so there's more micro-management there). imo it was a good trait that required a little bit of planning with a nice pay-off, too bad A-net is deciding to kitten everything down for people that either don't wanna learn how to use it or don't know how to predict a burst /gg

So, basically spam all your damage. Then spam auto attacks. Wait for 50% then legend swap. Hardly skill based gameplay now is it? Getting 5-8k hits from it was VERY broken when it came to WvW. It would be start in the legend you DONT want to burst in, Say shiro. use one of the shadow steps or teleports from Shiro or Axe, teleport in, spam auto attack for a few seconds. Legend swap for big burst damage into Glint and then spam all the Glint abilities and watch most people melt.

It was also a VERY common tactic, specially combined with something like Hydro for doing like 11k+ near instantly.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Alveen.7239 said:

Yeah idk it wasn't as brainless as people made it out to be. You had to be within 240 range, had to have over 50% energy, had to pair it with some sort of skill (which uses up energy so there's more micro-management there). imo it was a good trait that required a little bit of planning with a nice pay-off, too bad A-net is deciding to kitten everything down for people that either don't wanna learn how to use it or don't know how to predict a burst /gg

So, basically spam all your damage. Then spam auto attacks. Wait for 50% then legend swap. Hardly skill based gameplay now is it? Getting 5-8k hits from it was VERY broken when it came to WvW. It would be start in the legend you DONT want to burst in, Say shiro. use one of the shadow steps or teleports from Shiro or Axe, teleport in, spam auto attack for a few seconds. Legend swap for big burst damage into Glint and then spam all the Glint abilities and watch most people melt.

It was also a VERY common tactic, specially combined with something like Hydro for doing like 11k+ near instantly.

Seems like everyone you fought stood perfectly still the entire time and let you land everything, more power to you. But for those of us fighting people who react to things you aren't landing 11k EQ's every 9 seconds.

@Alveen.7239 said:Seems like everyone you fought stood perfectly still the entire time and let you land everything, more power to you. But for those of us fighting people who react to things you aren't landing 11k EQ's every 9 seconds.

Given what its radius was, you didnt even need to be on top of them. Given how many range closers we have its quite easy to stay on top of someone. Maybe not permanently but enough to get your burst off, slow, them, chill them what ever.

@Alveen.7239 said:

That rotation you described is the worst rev rotation I've ever seen and if you died to that you have no right to complain about Equilibrium. Like do you even play this class at all?

I could get on thief and kill you with shadowshot and auto spam faster since you apparently sit in autos all day for revenant to regain 50 energy. 5k Equilibrium (average typical hit in WvW on most builds) for 50 energy was somehow OP LOL. Meanwhile precision strike in WvW is 6-9k for 5 energy and UA is 8-12k for 15 energy. People like you were just mad revenant had an instant burst answer to counter every slow, predictable, easily counterable weapon skill we have. Well you win now I guess, but I'd probably kill you faster now with 25 might autos since you just face tanked autos before.

From my understanding, this was an instant activation trait that occurred on legend swap, could crit for 3-5k depending on game mode, had no tells and could effectively delete someone without previous warning.

I don't wanna sound biased because I main scepter FA ele (abundance of instant cast skills). The difference here is that every ele ability does 2-4k on average, where as rev has many serious nukes on relatively short cooldowns (talking about 8k+). I'm glad this trait is gone. Sorry about the 'playstyle' that is no longer possible but I can imagine the craze that it was to have this in wvw along with hydromancy and unnerfed SotM.

@Razor.6392 said:From my understanding, this was an instant activation trait that occurred on legend swap, could crit for 3-5k depending on game mode, had no tells and could effectively delete someone without previous warning.

I don't wanna sound biased because I main scepter FA ele (abundance of instant cast skills). The difference here is that every ele ability does 2-4k on average, where as rev has many serious nukes on relatively short cooldowns (talking about 8k+). I'm glad this trait is gone. Sorry about the 'playstyle' that is no longer possible but I can imagine the craze that it was to have this in wvw along with hydromancy and unnerfed SotM.

Hydromancy is a 2k crit that everyone has access to in WvW.

If you want SotM nerfed, fine but that's it's own topic.

Does every FA weaver ability hit 2-4k? I've been nuked way more often by those than any revenant build ever, and Weaver's been out for like 10% of the time revenant has.

Equilibrium required 50 energy, had an effective CD of 10s, and was melee range. What's the range and effective CD on fresh air lightning strikes? In other words I think you are totally biased.

Edit: oh yeah and 99% of invocation revenants have no access to "carry me" traits like Final Shielding, or you know, condition clears. Just more to think on

Well, in WvW you could Easily see more than 8k+ from just that alone, add in things like Hydromancy and you could see 10k-11k+ from just swapping legend. Dont get me wrong, Spirit Boon is boring and rather crap BUT i am glad that they removed Equilibrium.

Which to me seems fair in a world in which half of the top roaming classes (thieves, mesmers, rangers) have tools to disengage at will every time they get punished by playing bad and then reset the match and take revenge from stealth. I never moaned about Scourges or Spellbreakers or Firebrands or Weavers due at least those classes need to fight face to face.

@otto.5684 said:Equilibrium was poor design. You are supposed to use energy not horde it. Though instant high aoe damage will surely be missed considering the alternatives. Probably Anet though off hand sword fills in the gap. It is not remotely close.

Well actually it encouraged more active gameplay when in Glint, using facets, not just keeping them up for boons. You didnt usually aim to hit equi when shiro --> glint.But yeah maybe then they should focus on getting rid of every insta hit/cast mechanic like afore mentioned FA's Electric Discharge (which far more frequent than equi and much greater range, tho not aoe) or insta stealth like Blinding Powder or Decoy and Prestige

@"Alveen.7239" said:I just don't understand why they removed equilibrium and then went on to give us a crappier version that's in the same line as rolling mists like who in their right mind is taking that kitten.

Charged mists is great. You can get +33% crit from Renegade anyway so maxing crit is easy and thus Rolling Mists isnt necessary, and Charged Mists is frankly a lot more interesting and enjoyable than Equilibrium ever was. You're encouraged to spit out tons of utility rather than being like "ehhhhh too expensive" constantly.

@Mightfo.1358 said:

@"Alveen.7239" said:I just don't understand why they removed equilibrium and then went on to give us a crappier version that's in the same line as rolling mists like who in their right mind is taking that kitten.

Charged mists is great. You can get +33% crit from Renegade anyway so maxing crit is easy and thus Rolling Mists isnt necessary, and Charged Mists is frankly a lot more interesting and enjoyable than Equilibrium ever was. You're encouraged to spit out tons of utility rather than being like "ehhhhh too expensive" constantly.

Equilibrium was a very defining trait of PvP revenant gameplay, Charged Mist and Renegade are both absolute garbage in that gamemode so I don't know where you're going with this.

And Equilibrium required you to use your brain and save energy instead of just being a passive buff bot. It was definitely more exciting than passively giving away often redundant boons to allies.

@witcher.3197 said:

Equilibrium was a very defining trait of PvP revenant gameplay, Charged Mist and Renegade are both absolute garbage in that gamemode so I don't know where you're going with this.

And Equilibrium required you to use your brain and save energy instead of just being a passive buff bot. It was definitely more exciting than passively giving away often redundant boons to allies.

I don't understand how any revenant looks at charged mists and thinks it's a good idea.

1. Less than 10 energy requirement is too restrictive
  2. Do you see thief's trickery line? The one they're forced into just for more initiative? Is that what we want? I'd much rather reduce energy costs than introduce a trait like this.

Archived