Can We Get Sore Loser Chat Fixed?

usnedward.9023

I personally don't like blocking people but it is easy to "block" someone in WvW and that way you know who they are then you can troll them. This is what is happening here and there to me and I am sure others. Can we just get it fixed that NO ONE can know who you really are and avoid the whole toxicity of sore losers? That would be AWESOME!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@usnedward.9023 said:I personally don't like blocking people but it is easy to "block" someone in WvW and that way you know who they are then you can troll them. This is what is happening here and there to me and I am sure others. Can we just get it fixed that NO ONE can know who you really are and avoid the whole toxicity of sore losers? That would be AWESOME!

I can understand your frustration. People get the same in PvP, with only the block function to protect them, it happens in Raids, fractals, and somewhat it open world.

Toxicity while crappy, is a part of an MMO. Ignore, take it as a win, block, whatever you need to do.

I don't know. I wouldn't be opposed to a change, but I think there is more they should do with the mode, and to me, in my small world, this is low priority.

Right now, someone can /blockwhisperavoid responses. The OP proposes ANet changes that so the system becomes whisper/blockavoid responses. Seems like extra work with ultimately little benefit.

I'm all in favor of ANet revisiting the friends list/LFG/block systems, including invisibility (your yellow dots still show to your guild; your location still appears to friends and people who have blocked you). But I'd hate for them to waste time on high-effort/low-value minor changes while we wait.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'm all in favor of ANet revisiting the friends list/LFG/block systems, including invisibility (your yellow dots still show to your guild; your location still appears to friends and people who have blocked you). But I'd hate for them to waste time on high-effort/low-value minor changes while we wait.

I'm pretty sure you don't appear on anyone's list if you are set to invisible... Not sure about the yellow dot of guildies tho.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'm all in favor of ANet revisiting the friends list/LFG/block systems, including invisibility (your yellow dots still show to your guild; your location still appears to friends and people who have blocked you). But I'd hate for them to waste time on high-effort/low-value minor changes while we wait.

I'm pretty sure you don't appear on anyone's list if you are set to invisible... Not sure about the yellow dot of guildies tho.

Try it.

@usnedward.9023 said:Can we just get it fixed that NO ONE can know who you really are and avoid the whole toxicity of sore losers? That would be AWESOME!

@SugarCayne.3098 said:And the angrier they get, the nicer and more complimentary I get.

of course that had to come from necro and mesmer one button insta kill macro exploiter... don't cheat like a noob if you don't want to get caught and be flamed for it.

@usnedward.9023 said:I personally don't like blocking people but it is easy to "block" someone in WvW and that way you know who they are then you can troll them. This is what is happening here and there to me and I am sure others. Can we just get it fixed that NO ONE can know who you really are and avoid the whole toxicity of sore losers? That would be AWESOME!

One way blocks will never do a thing to make the game more civil.

@Juidodin.5829 said:

@usnedward.9023 said:Can we just get it fixed that NO ONE can know who you really are and avoid the whole toxicity of sore losers? That would be AWESOME!

@SugarCayne.3098 said:And the angrier they get, the nicer and more complimentary I get.

of course that had to come from necro and mesmer one button insta kill macro exploiter... don't cheat like a noob if you don't want to get caught and be flamed for it.

Aw did a Mesmer kill you then bow?

The nerve being polite! Lol

I don’t use macros.

Options->MessagingBlock private messages by default in (you will receive a notification that a user is trying to message you):[PvE] [checkbox][PvP] [checkbox][WvW] [checkbox]

** User has attempted to private message you. Accept [y/n]?

Otherwise messaging will appear as normal.

PS- forgot to add, maybe useful for people with invis status that might want to choose to receive/reply message

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Options->MessagingBlock private messages by default in (you will receive a notification that a user is trying to message you):[PvE] [checkbox][PvP] [checkbox][WvW] [checkbox]

PS- forgot to add, maybe useful for people with invis status that might want to choose to receive/reply message

lol a new tool for Maguuma :)

Middle of big fight, and a giant Y/N appears on your screen.

Over and over again.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Options->MessagingBlock private messages by default in (you will receive a notification that a user is trying to message you):[PvE] [checkbox][PvP] [checkbox][WvW] [checkbox]

lol a new tool for Maguuma :)

Middle of big fight, and a giant Y/N appears on your screen.

Over and over again.

It can be easily made to only show once And the y/n can be done like /accept in chat. An example is like mode +g on efnet irc servers. No big Y/N is supposed to appear in the middle of the screen, the notification is in the form of text in your chat window where all chats are happening.

** User is attempting to message you. Type /accept user if you want to open a chat with them

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Right now, someone can /blockwhisperavoid responses. The OP proposes ANet changes that so the system becomes whisper/blockavoid responses. Seems like extra work with ultimately little benefit.

I am not proposing anything what you said. Here is what I suggest, that the opponent has no ability to "right click" player and "block" so they can then "chat" with that person. No reprogramming the whole chat...just remove that option of right clicking the opponent in WvW and PvP for that matter then they can't spam you. Case dismissed :)

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:I would rather them fix the trash balance first, i tend to have Pirvate messages hidden in its own window. Learnt from the past with all the hate messages and people moaning. Now i just see it and doesnt bother me.

Balance is in the eye of the beholder and an ongoing festival that will never end :P

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm pretty sure you don't appear on anyone's list if you are set to invisible... Not sure about the yellow dot of guildies tho.

All the opponent has to do is right click you and "block" even if you are set to invisible. You still appear on their just not shown to be "online". You can still send whisper.

All in all some great replies after leaving this sit for a few days I thought for sure I was gonna get lamb basted.

Just an FYI, I never respond to those who whisper in this manner posted. Some however keep at it and then I block until I am done and then unblock after I leave the area.

@usnedward.9023 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Right now, someone can
/block
whisper
avoid
responses. The OP proposes ANet changes that so the system becomes
whisper
/block
avoid
responses. Seems like extra work with ultimately little benefit.

I am not proposing anything what you said. Here is what I suggest, that the opponent has no ability to "right click" player and "block" so they can then "chat" with that person. No reprogramming the whole chat...just remove that option of right clicking the opponent in WvW and PvP for that matter then they can't spam you. Case dismissed :)

To be fair to both of us, you didn't actually propose anything specific. You just said "fix." We both assumed it was clear what you were proposing.

I doubt that ANet would remove the ability of opponents to chat. Lots of people like being able to meet folks from other teams. Besides, it's already possible to block those who you don't want to hear from.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'm pretty sure you don't appear on anyone's list if you are set to invisible... Not sure about the yellow dot of guildies tho.You seem to have broken the quotes here. @"Jeknar.6184" was the one who said "I'm pretty sure you don't appear..." could you fix it please?

I still don't get the issue, even though this topic comes up from time to time. As noted, it's easy to block people if they're being annoying. Whispering across servers isn't always negative, and (in my experience) it's frequently positive.

If it's already easy to block the negative, what's the point of a change that takes away the positive?

Archived