So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!?

Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 4, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

As WP points out in his video: from years back, Cantha has a ton of lore and content that GW 2 must explore. He also claims that a dev mentioned, if Cantha is something the majority of fans want to see and there is a big demand for it, they would consider bringing Cantha to GW 2. We just need to make it clear that it's something most of us want.

So the question and purpose of this poll is simple. How many of us would like to explore Cantha in the next new expansion!?

So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!? 780 votes

Yes. It is time.
65%
Arkham Creed.7358videoboy.4162nottsgman.8206godfat.2604Tiger Ashante.1792Rid.2736anyaeversong.2678Solori.6025Allarius.5670Jink Bonestealer.9274ginryu.3026joeyw.9531SilverWolfAkira.1024Elric.4713Jahroots.6791Orpheal.8263Windfire.9726Tashigi.3159IndigoSundown.5419Fleabite.7528 508 votes
No. We have other, more significant places to explore.
6%
Chadramar.8156Sciva.4865Linken.6345Rauderi.8706reikken.4961BlueBudgie.2179Belghar.3024Dragana.1497Game of Bones.8975phokus.8934michelada.2947sylvnfox.7086FOX.3582Kal Spiro.9745Brimstone.3807Kronos.3695bOTEB.1573costepj.5120Mac.1576Plautze.6290 54 votes
Not for the next expansion. Perhaps sometime in the future.
17%
JustACat.1086mazut.4296Netko.9271maddoctor.2738Kheldorn.5123Cerioth.7062Pifil.5193Just a flesh wound.3589Fenom.9457meeflak.9714Astralporing.1957Endless Soul.5178Neural.1824derd.6413Danikat.8537crashburntoo.7431Curunen.8729Lucentfir.7430Dante.1763RoseofGilead.8907 134 votes
No, we explored Cantha enough in GW 1.
4%
DirtyDan.4759Svarty.8019MrForz.1953Kalendraf.9521Underdark.3726DTATL.9641Carighan.6758Crinn.7864nicknamenick.2437Kylden Ar.3724MidnightX.6294Whitworth.7259Klipso.8653ananda.5946Burnfall.9573DarcShriek.5829Alehin.3746Milan.9035xanfa.2584Lord Kreegan.8123 36 votes
Other (I might explain my choice in the comments)
6%
Ariurotl.3718Menadena.7482Nikal.4921witcher.3197Zacchary.6183Stand The Wall.6987Menzo.2185zealex.9410TheWolf.1602Jwake.7013Westenev.5289Shikigami.4013Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Llethander.3972Ben K.6238Phyrene.2830ZeftheWicked.3076Goettel.4389Ayakaru.6583Narcemus.1348 48 votes
<1345678

Comments

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

No, got major distaste for that type of setting after WoW's Mists of Pandaria.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• If the old 'Cantha' thread is any indication, I think the Devs are aware of the popularity of Cantha.

• If the old 'Cantha' thread is any indication, I think the Devs are aware of the popularity of Cantha.

• Not for the next expansion. Perhaps sometime in the future.

I want to go back to Cantha, but not quite yet when there's still plenty of map left. Maybe give us playable Tengu first.

• meeflak.9714meeflak.9714 Member ✭✭✭

I really want to go to the northern shiver peaks, it'll be a good change of pace imo and then we can hit cantha after =)

Main ranger: Adalyn Del Rayna. Plz stop saying raids are toxic.. raids are what you make them

• Halan.8951Halan.8951 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2017
    Yes. It is time.

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭

Cantha would be interesting in its own right, but I can't help feeling it'd be the second human-centric expansion in a row unless the Tengu are introduced as a playable race. If they can manage that, I'd be in favour. Otherwise, against.

Right now, the Norn and Charr nations are looking underexplored and could do with some more focus - at least in the living story, if not a full-fledged expansion. We have still yet to return to the Far Shiverpeaks where there's an awful lot of Norn history, the Blood Legion homelands where Kralkatorrik came from, and we've never seen the Ash Legion lands at all.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I feel we have two or three more expansions before it would be appropriate. Personally, is be fine with them mapping the entire new world map (easily 7-8+ expansions) before going there but due to popularity they could steer the story that way then return to tyria

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ben K.6238 said:
    Cantha would be interesting in its own right, but I can't help feeling it'd be the second human-centric expansion in a row unless the Tengu are introduced as a playable race. If they can manage that, I'd be in favour. Otherwise, against.

Right now, the Norn and Charr nations are looking underexplored and could do with some more focus - at least in the living story, if not a full-fledged expansion. We have still yet to return to the Far Shiverpeaks where there's an awful lot of Norn history, the Blood Legion homelands where Kralkatorrik came from, and we've never seen the Ash Legion lands at all.

IMO tengu would be better introduced in a primordus RoF/Sea of Sorrows xpac and expanded on for cantha

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Not for the next expansion. Perhaps sometime in the future.

Not in the next expansion (story wise, wouldn't fit in my opinion), but I would love to see going back to Cantha. I think we will go back when we will face the deep see dragon. Also it would be awesome if with the Cantha patch we would get a new race as well (Tengu).

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

Variation in everything. In HoT we explored a previously unseen area of Tyria, and with PoF we got to see familiar locations and fauna. So basically new, old, new, old, new, old...

It will probably happen eventually, but we have a deep sea dragon in the way to contend with first!.

• No, we explored Cantha enough in GW 1.

No, please no. It is time for something completely new. I really liked Cantha but it's enough of GW1 content coming back to GW2. It doesn't even make sense that the elder dragons are so concentrated on one tiny spot of Tyria (the planet). If you have ever seen the map of the whole world then you would know in what a tiny area everything takes place. A new area would make more sense and would be more exciting and I'm sure the A-Net map designes would create something awesome. ;-)

• Zeefa.3915Zeefa.3915 Member ✭✭✭

I most definitely want to go to Cantha again, I want to see the possibly melted Jade Sea, The now green living Echowald Forest. I want to liberate the other races from the human tyrany of that region. I want to see what happened to that human culture after being secluded like that. So yeah I really really really want to go back to Cantha eventually...
    But I don't think it fits for the next one, at least not as it seems right now in the story. Also I agree that charr, norn and maybe asura need some expansion with more of a focus on them before we get one with focus on sylvari or human again. And really Far Shiverpeaks and Charr Homelands will be quite interesting too, and either could be made to fit the current direction.... imo.

That said, if Cantha is going to be next I will be nothing but super thrilled about it and I would be sad if I have to wait another 3 expansions for it.

• ErikTheTyrant.4527ErikTheTyrant.4527 Member ✭✭
    edited December 4, 2017
    Yes. It is time.

I want too see the lands to the west of Tyria along with Cantha.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

Want to explore Cantha? Yes!
    In the Next Expansion? Highly unlikely, in the next expansion we will deal with Kralkatorik or maybe Palawa Joko, for good this time.
    Then it's an underwater expansion, to connect with Cantha, and afterwards Cantha. Judging by the size of Cantha it might be 2 expansions worth of content.

• Deathok.2914Deathok.2914 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. It is time.

Definitely!!!!
    Cantha is the most beautiful continent in the frenchise and kitten how good would it look in Gw2? I mean Kaineng, Shing Jea, the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest they would look amazing!!! Please anet if we will go to Cantha don’t change the maps too much and please bring us to the shing jea monastery as a city!!

• sigur.9453sigur.9453 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2017

i haven´t played gw1 for long so i don´t know how cantha is like and the following won´t directly apply to me.

i get it, people "bath" in there nostalgia, but why no completly new area?
    There should be a lot more ground to cover, and would give the devs some more creative freedom. (new cultures/races/location/lore/...)
    The current (not even full explorable) world map reminds me of a "world map" in ancient greece..why we are not discovering further? Is tyria flat?

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps just a portion being a part of the last expansion in preparation for GW3, but then I don't think GW1 vets will like the massive changes Anet would need to make to pacify the Chinese government(in order to allow it to be published in China), otherwise there's a whole bunch of Tyria we still haven't seen yet.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Tachenon.5270Tachenon.5270 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. It is time.

Reversing my opinion from the old forums, as Cantha is a place where dramatic changes to the landscape (within reason, of course) might have actually occurred. But only if we get new (or old) professions with it. I wants my rit, dagnabbit, and not some mechanically irreverent substitute.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2017

We need to start figthing the undeads navy and the sea dragon, and cantha atm it is closed, they dont like foregeins and they are under a dictatorship, reason Avicaras (chicken people)were expeled... so dont see it in a near future...

ANet will continue to north, not south IMO.

• Chadramar.8156Chadramar.8156 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2017
    No. We have other, more significant places to explore.

Definitely not. And I particularly do not want another exclusively human-themed expansion right after this exclusively human-themed expansion. The norn and especially the charr are desperately overdue for some time in the spotlight, and I mean proper time in the spotlight, setting and lore and story and and characters and gear (!) and all, not completely shoved aside like sylvari were in "their" expansion after Verdant Brink.

The devs can't just bank on GW1-nostalgia, especially since this game has multiple playable races.

• Yes. It is time.

Depends on how much of Elona we open up with the LW S4,

Cantha would be interesting now, as we had 2 elite dungeons there, I cant imagine what the city looks like now though. Of course we could also head back to EotN, there is still a lot of world map we haven't been back to from the first game, so at least Anet have choices.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

While I would like to go there at some time this is not it. Consider we have just had a sylvari-focused and human-focused expansion. We should have expansions focusing on the other races before another human one (unless they plan on letting us roll a Tengu when the expansion comes out).

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• cNd.1096cNd.1096 Member ✭✭✭

We got some nostalgia come back in this expansion so I think it's time for some new region

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light

• I would like to explore some area we haven't seen before. Perhaps one of the continents across the Unending Ocean, the Forsaken Cliffs, or maybe even the Blood Legion Homeland NE of Ascalon.

• Yes. It is time.

We need to cover more of Elona first and I hope Kralkatorrik doesn't turn it into Dragonbrand Land.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭

Cantha would be fine, but I'd rather go someplace we haven't been before.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Wizler.8192Wizler.8192 Member ✭✭✭

I would very much like to return to Cantha but maybe not right away. The world map that was datamined a while back is massive and shows many places we've never come close to before. I'd like to explore more of the bigger world as well as see old familiar places.

<1345678
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.