So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!? - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!?

1234568>

Comments

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not for the next expansion. Perhaps sometime in the future.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:
    Hell no. Enough with the Human content. It is time to focus on Jormag and the Norns.

EOTN Gw2 :) that would add a new playable race, Kodan.
    Canthan expantion would add Tengu's.

Note: Kodan and Teng's would have only 1 specialization role, each one to fix each own racial atributes and mechanichs, this ould avoid to remake the skeleton to work will all classes animations.

Actually that would be kewl, the Kodan and the Tengu could even have 1 class and 1 elite specialization for each race rather than have all classes and elites.

This would facilitate the racial design and avoid having all skill in game animations worked for those races since those new races would have to have a new skeleton for the model and all animations worked for it, but shortening it to 1 elite and its trait could make it those races more easy to be deployed in game.

The Kodan are just reskinned Norns (same skeleton/rig/animations) which would make it less of a hassle to use them, but on the other would make them feel sorta like a “cheap copy-paste”-solution. Hmm.

That's why i would make a new skeleton for the toons and in exchange would keep the model animations simple just for 1 specialization, altough the skills would have to be really thinked off to fit most game play and that would be the extremelly difficult part for Anet to do.. lawl.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It is time.

The thing is, if we start introducing new races, they should all be there, not only kodans: largos, tengu too, eventually hyleks, grawls, quaggans and skritts?

+++Sandswept Isles: Advisory K-4: Don't be misled; with some effort, a charr CAN fit inside an asura-sized Inquest uniform.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2018

@hugo.4705 said:
    The thing is, if we start introducing new races, they should all be there, not only kodans: largos, tengu too, eventually hyleks, grawls, quaggans and skritts?

Not really.. that's your ocd talking :)

2 or 3 races could be added just as side races for their content and importance for tyria history itself, other aces are there just for the content plot, reason people want kodan is because they actually have alot of potentential(they actually arent much explored), and the tengu cause they are a whole civilization, that actually would make sense to add to a factions comeback race, since plot will be they helping the player to demolish the tyrant in Cantha.

Most probably we will see just some Tengu/Avicara character helping the player.

EDIT: Quaggans content only in my quaggan fin soup. TKS.

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭
    No. We have other, more significant places to explore.

Far Shiverpeaks, possibly blood legion homeland is next. Fact :)

WISHLIST:
    1. Faster reward tracks in WvW + 5 gold at the end.
    2. Consider giving ELE rifle/longbow in the future elite spec which makes it mobile, long-range 1 target DPS.
    3. More PvP/WvW unique skins/items/effects + give their legendary armors cool effects.

• Elric.4713Elric.4713 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. It is time.

@bOTEB.1573 said:

No it's not. Trading barren wasteland for a frozen wasteland would be terrible.

Legendary Ritualist Stance - Invoke the power of the legendary ritualist Master Togo.

• bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2018

@Elric.4713 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

No it's not. Trading barren wasteland for a frozen wasteland would be terrible.

We went from a green jungle to desert wasteland. From the far west side of Tyria to the east. They will introduce something different and the 2 different major possibilities are ICE and WATER/UNDERWATER. I don't think we will go underwater just yet (even so they have started introducing underwater skill revamps/mechanics etc), so the only logical explanation is Far Shiverpeaks + EVENTUALLY Bloodlegion Homeland. After this expansion, we may go to Jantirs Bay/Islands (if we have already discovered Bloodlegion Homeland, otherwise we will go there) and 4th expansion may hit us with underwater content.

WISHLIST:
    1. Faster reward tracks in WvW + 5 gold at the end.
    2. Consider giving ELE rifle/longbow in the future elite spec which makes it mobile, long-range 1 target DPS.
    3. More PvP/WvW unique skins/items/effects + give their legendary armors cool effects.

• Not for the next expansion. Perhaps sometime in the future.

Having not played GW1, I have no idea what to expect in Cantha
    I just get it has an Asian theme to it, which I like
    On the other hand, Anet could more freely unleash their creativity if working on zones we've never seen before, so I'd prefer that

• Rasta.2371Rasta.2371 Member ✭✭
    Yes. It is time.

Kaineng and vertical exploration would be sweet

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

Id rather go someplace that hasnt seen alot of love as of late, or someplace entirely new: Weve had a sylvari expansion(HoT), and a human one(PoF) with the Asura smattered in both of them pretty heavily. Give me some Norn id love to explore the North again or some Charr.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• No, we explored Cantha enough in GW 1.

Cantha was horrid in GW1. Worst expansion ever. Art design is atrocious and has no place in this kind of fantasy game. It also would not be very marketable. There are far more better ways to go with a new xpack. No one will jump into this game if they see Cantha as the main area.

• @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    No, got major distaste for that type of setting after WoW's Mists of Pandaria.

MoP was 1 of WoW's best expansion in term of numbers, it dropped at the begining because people thought it was a joke because too many kids play the game and didnt know that pandarians were part of the warcraft world way before kung fu panda. If they relases pandarians before kung fu panda it wouldnt had been such a big issue. Once people got over that whole thing the expansion was able to hold onto players better than most of the expansions since & better than cata. Many of us loved the asian theme it brought.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bOTEB.1573 said:

True, jormag could wake at any time, but more likely sea dragon

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why 1 for yes and 3 for no?
    Were are the
    Yes but we have other, more significant places to explore.
    Yes but not for the next expansion. Perhaps sometime in the future.

If you divide up the no answers in 3 you should do the same with yes answers.
    It dont really matter tho since the yes is 2/3 but still

• Yes. It is time.

So I read that environmental artist and art lead Josh Foreman and alot of others on the development team would like to return to Cantha and are encouraging interested players to ask for a Cantha expansion.
    Well, as a GW1 veteran who is the proud owner of all GW1 Collecters Editions and having had great fun in Cantha myself with Guild Wars: Factions, here is my 2 cents.
    PLEASE GIVE US A HUGE CANTHA EXPANSION!
    I would love to see how Kaineng has evolved in 250 years, how the Jade Sea might have changed because of awakening dragons (cause, come on, SEA DRAGON!) and if Echovald forest is still petrified.
    Are the Kurzicks and the Luxons still at eachothers throats?
    This and more, please Anet, give us this magical continent to explore! :D

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

let's do something else.

don't need to play into gw1 nostalgia every xpac

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

That was years ago when that original commrnt was made. There have been countless theeads and one super mega thread on it. They will know the community feelings thoroughly now.

I will however leave you this. A nice hypothetical expac someone took a lot of time to conceive

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Lon-ami/Cantha

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    There have been countless theeads and one super mega thread on it.

Yes, please use the forums search function

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Supreme Marine.5948Supreme Marine.5948 Member ✭✭
    edited October 29, 2018
    Yes. It is time.

@derd.6413 said:
    let's do something else.

How would it be playing into nostalgia when it's part of the established lore? Cantha is part of the Guild Wars universe so I don't follow you into your argument.

@Randulf.7614 said:
    That was years ago when that original commrnt was made. There have been countless theeads and one super mega thread on it. They will know the community feelings thoroughly now.

I will however leave you this. A nice hypothetical expac someone took a lot of time to conceive

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Lon-ami/Cantha

Thanks I'll check this out!

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:
    There have been countless theeads and one super mega thread on it.

Yes, please use the forums search function

I have used the search function and I didn't any other specific threads or a mega thread you both are speaking of.
    So if you would be so kind to link the thread that would be more helpfull.
    Thanks! :)

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Supreme Marine.5948 said:
    I have used the search function and I didn't any other specific threads or a mega thread you both are speaking of.

Sorry, no. Just typing Cantha in the search bar gives me 51 pages of threads that include Cantha. Which is why I didn't think we needed another one.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Yes. It is time.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Sorry, no. Just typing Cantha in the search bar gives me 51 pages of threads that include Cantha. Which is why I didn't think we needed another one.

True, I did type "Cantha" and it gave me alot of threads but none of them really appealed to me in terms of what I was looking.
    And lots of those threads also had the word "Cantha" in them without having any connection in terms of a next expansion.
    So I made my own.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

The mega thread was on old forum. You can't add to it so its a moot point there, however I also have no idea how to find it since it was archived. Someone can link it I'm sure if you fancy reading it

• Yes. It is time.

I agree with people saying we should explore more of the Charr homelands and Northern Shiverpeaks. I mean I'd love to get there as well at some point.
    But Guild Wars without Cantha is like spaghetti without cheese to me.
    Hence my vote.

• Yes. It is time.

@Randulf.7614 said:
    The mega thread was on old forum. You can't add to it so its a moot point there, however I also have no idea how to find it since it was archived. Someone can link it I'm sure if you fancy reading it

I'd definitely would tbh.
    This is the best I found for now:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19095/so-cantha-would-you-like-to-explore-cantha-in-the-next-expansion

Worst part is, I found it easier through Google than the forum search function. /facepalm

• Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Other (I might explain my choice in the comments)

I never played GW1, but as much as I appreciate a good throwback Thursday, I'd rather see some unexplored new lands. Feels much more organic than the Devs continuosly rehashing old memories into the current game. Maybe in a future expansion sure... but for now the focus needs to be into new and unseen lands. Don't give ANET an excuse to take the easy way out. WE WANT SOMETHING NEW AND ORIGINAL!

Vae Victus!
    [Hcm] Promotraitor

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2018

@derd.6413 said:
    let's do something else.

How would it be playing into nostalgia when it's part of the established lore? Cantha is part of the Guild Wars universe so I don't follow you into your argument.

because the reason Cantha is so popular is because of it's gw1 counterpart. i rather we leave gw1 behind us for a while (now that pof took us to elona) and explore yet unseen areas like blood/ash legion homelands, the isles of jantir or even the yet unnamed areas to the east.

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Two things,
    1.) "Catha or just road to Cantha", that is stops/locations/stations on the way. (maybe with on the road to the far Silverpeaks and several other such re-explorable places)
    2.) An extension with "life" additions to all the major city's, That is Districts with character, for example the upside and downside neighborhoods of Lions Arch expanded with portals in and out. They would have an ongoing stream of life events, homes or property from rundown to gaudy , with events like landlord issues, bar riots, thieves guild politics/memberships,, temple and other beggars, help for retired mercenary's, etc.

The problem of needing a large area for the home nodes will need to be solved by adding a purchasable "investment manager" that does the gathering for a cut,
    (I've been playing for 6 years and I have 29 separate 'press F' node operations in my home instance. )
    We deserve a view of character life involvement(s) that is more unique, personal and with depth.

• Shikigami.4013Shikigami.4013 Member ✭✭✭
    Other (I might explain my choice in the comments)

A place does not have to be "more significant" to be favored. Lots of people speculated and would like to see an underwater expansion and there are indications that it might happen (people said/thought underwater combat/content was long dead and abandoned, and then we got a skill rework and the addition of swim speed infusions).

I am not too familiar with the long stories and lore of GW1 but is there a dragon in Cantha? Because there supposedly is a dragon somewhere underwater. Just saying :)

YouTube “L2villagejester”.
    People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
    Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. It is time.

I want Cantha. Have said that. I still play it in GW, in fact it's where I go to if i fancy doing something on the game (other than old Ascalon, pre).
    However, I can't see it happening. Why? Because I think this game is getting too P.C regards to a lot of areas. They have already had an 'upset' from the Canthan area in DR, so for hells sake they wouldn't dare to bring out an expansion based on it upsetting someone. Now don't get me wrong, I'm MORE than happy to explore other areas and see what other places look like. But there's a difference between just not wanting to go there, and not doing it because they feel they can't go there. I find it all very frustrating that in today's world one person can make such a difference. And it won't be any of us who want Cantha, that's for sure.

• Yes. It is time.

I want to get Cantha so badly for years now.
    It was an absolutely fantastic setting in the first Guild Wars game, with the big city Kaineng, the plague running through their lands and the war between the Luxon and the Kurzick.

I want these features back. Let us chose to become a Luxon pirate again. Give us new interesting elite specs inspired by the old campaign, like Necromancers utilising the horrors of the plague. Luxon war turtle pets for the Rangers. New unknown ways to utilize alchemy in a new Engineer elite spec. And so on.

And show Kaineng as a largely progressed city with a lot of technology. While there are still isles living naturally and in harmony with magic and nature.
    If the next expansion still doesn't take us to Cantha, I will be highly disappointed.

1234568>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.