What Mount skin would u pay 2k gems for?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for reskins or remodels. I like those, but not for 2000 gems (EUR 25). Only for the Epic Elder Dragon Mount usable in WvW.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBYsYjFy_yw

I would be burninating zergs all day long. (And be burninating the countryside as well.) I would be even paying more than 2000 gems. But pay-to-win so not gonna happen.

I would like a Rainbow Phoenix remodel tho. But again, not for 2000 gems.

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:I would not pay 2000 gems for any single skin that is cosmetic only. I would pay that for a new mount with new abilities, such as a dragon that truly flies (and no, let's please not get into an argument that flying would "ruin" the game).

You have to remember though that the gem store is meant only for cosmetics, and minor conveniences. A mount with new mechanics such as this would be too significant to be put in the gem store, otherwise the game would be stepping into pay to win territory. If this mount was added, it would likely be a collection achievement like the griffon.

I would not pay 2000 gems for any single mount skin. I would be hard pressed to pay that amount for a full set of 5. I really would not consider that sum unless it was something absolutely stunning and added some significant features to the existing mounts. (storage space, additional rider, etc...)

@Dhuum.3427 said:

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:I would not pay 2000 gems for any single skin that is cosmetic only. I would pay that for a new mount with new abilities, such as a dragon that truly flies (and no, let's please not get into an argument that flying would "ruin" the game).

You have to remember though that the gem store is meant only for cosmetics, and minor conveniences. A mount with new mechanics such as this would be too significant to be put in the gem store, otherwise the game would be stepping into pay to win territory. If this mount was added, it would likely be a collection achievement like the griffon.

I know, but I can dream, can't I? Last I checked, dreaming was still free. ;)

Archived