Preferred source for Obsidian shards?

Dashiva.6149

So there are a number of vendors where you can get Obsidian Shard for various currency, depending on content, but what do you consider to be good sources shortterm vs longterm?I assume it's just about what you enjoy doing unless i overlook something, but since I don't play many hours per week (mostly doing dailies) it would be nice to be as efficent with that time as possible.

Thanks in advance.

@Myrdreth.6829 said:I obtain them from the Ley-Energy Matter Converter. I have way too much Aurillium and I don't know what to do with it. Some of the daily offerings are really nice.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter

This! Cheap and convenient way to get the, as well as other mats or convert HoT currency.It's random but there's 3 tabs, one for each HoT currency and obsidian shards pop up on at least one of them or more of them every other day.

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:I personally believe that any currency you dont need for other things is good.

Agreed. I can't imagine that there's any "correct" answer that applies to everyone other than this.

• Karma for old schoolers, who tend to have more
  • Unbound magic for Bitterfrost farmers
  • Bandit crests for RIBArs (i.e. Silverwastes farmers)

And apparently some people farm HoT a lot so add...

• HoT vendors for those who have excess airship, ley-line crystals, or aurillium
  • Fractal vendors for those who have excess relics (and are choosing not to work on the new titles)
  • LS4 vendors for those who have managed to get extra volatile

The only ones I don't recommend using are:

• Laurels (too few obby per laurel; there are better uses)
  • Guild Commendations (ditto)

Archived