Question for Deadeye users

BeepBoopBop.5403

I can answer for them:

• Roleplaying...I like roleplaying.
  • Pew pew pew...I feel like I'm doing a lot when I actually am not.
  • I'm a try hard that wants to stand out and be a rebel by crippling myself, because I choose not to play meta or something more globally accepted as better.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Why do you do it when most Daredevil and core S/D builds are just better

Those builds mainly work in high-tier PvP and are near useless everywhere else. PvP is not even a third of the entire game.

are you trying to tell me that Deadeye is better for PvE cuz its not lol

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Why do you do it when most Daredevil and core S/D builds are just better

Those builds mainly work in high-tier PvP and are near useless everywhere else. PvP is not even a third of the entire game.

Most daredevil builds and core builds have to spec glassy and tend to die pretty fast in HoT and PoF maps because of how numerous the enemies are and how hard everything hits. A deadeye doesn't need to spec glassy to hit just as hard as core or DrD because the spec has many ways to boost damage. They have access to burst condition cleanse which is better than clearing one at a time vs condition bursts. They can also take advantage of most core thief's traits (mainly steal traits) better than Daredevil with Renewing Gaze. They are also able to keep a group buffed with their stolen skills since every one of them has a boon attached to it and last longer with more malice. DE 333 turns Deadeye into a support build which goes well with improv, Wanderer stats and leadership runes. That gives you 72% boon duration 23k HP and 2.7k armor. In fact, you could probably tank with that.

That kind of stuff is impossible with Core or DrD.

I usually alternate builds, because Power DD and Deadeye are very similar and it is easy to switch between them. But when I'm on deadeye, it is for one of three reasons:

1: I'd rather attack at range. This is useful against treasure mushrooms, or really dangerous bounties. The ability to hunker and camp at 1500 is really useful if I want to stay alive, or if I don't want to try too hard.

2: I need to buff a group. The Deadeye is a pretty good group buffer, giving an entire team maximum might, fury, swiftness, and vigor. If I am a commander or on a team that lacks buffs, I swap over to deadeye and start doling them out.

3: I need go cover a wide area. Events like the wurm pre at Ember Bay require you to move around a lot, and the wide range of the deadeye means I can camp at the center and just change targets.

For anyone new to thief, I imagine that the lower skill floor of something like a P/P thief can make PvP a lot easier to get into than trying to learn something like D/P right off the start.

Even when using rifle, Deadeye has a more straight forward role: Hang around big team fights and pick on squishy targets. Since it's not based on knowing when and how to rotate, that's a bit easier.

There's also just the satisfaction of blowing someone up quickly,which also comes easier for Deadeye.

Because after all these years, I'm bored with both daredevil and core thief. Even after taking some nice longer breaks.I mostly do WvW, and there I either run core or deadeye. But I enjoy the latter more, because it's at least the newest. Also nice to give some better group support if there are enough people around. Plus in my experience, in many cases if enemies see I'm a deadeye, they are more likely to underestimate me and be more careless. That's often useful.I fully expect to be bored with deadeye too by whenever the next elite spec will come, because to be honest, both of the current elite specs are rather unimaginative.

fun? maybe? for some people is fun to play deadeye.If you don't like it or find it extremely inferior to core/DD it doesn't change the fact that some people enjoy playing it, and we could say the same with the other classes/builds.

Also as bloodymarx said, after many years of playing the same buildd/spec people got bored and wanted to try the new thing which in this case is Deadeye.

@Elxdark.9702 said:fun? maybe? for some people is fun to play deadeye.If you don't like it or find it extremely inferior to core/DD it doesn't change the fact that some people enjoy playing it, and we could say the same with the other classes/builds.

Also as bloodymarx said, after many years of playing the same buildd/spec people got bored and wanted to try the new thing which in this case is Deadeye.

If gimping yourself is fun, I'd prefer a 1 handed DD in my party than Sindrener on DE

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:fun? maybe? for some people is fun to play deadeye.If you don't like it or find it extremely inferior to core/DD it doesn't change the fact that some people enjoy playing it, and we could say the same with the other classes/builds.

If gimping yourself is fun, I'd prefer a 1 handed DD in my party than Sindrener on DE

Sindrener doesn't like DE so he will never play it I guess so, but it doesn't mean every thief in DE will be dead weight.I've played a lot of games this season on DE and while it's weak against most classes it's still useful in some situations and of course you need to put way more effort to make deadeye work in comparison to DD or core thief.

It's not gimping, it's trying new things new playstyles in this already staled game, if you want to keep playing dd for another 2 years then it's fine if it's what you like I can't say anything, but you need to understand some people enjoy playing builds/classes/specs that are not meta.

i do play deadeye cause i am bored of daredevil and you can play alot better hide and seek in WvW with deadeye. i also enjoy marking people and stay in stealth watching them and keeping the mark up and then killing them when i get bored, cause most people in wvw are that bad it really doesnt matter what you do play and i have more fun playing deadeye.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

when i walk with an enemy blob and just DJ / backstab oneshot one (yes still happens ALOT more than it should) they mostly react way too late and i get the stomp done. with daredevil or core the visible time is at least 3 seconds so they do react alot more. also when like 20 scouts try to get you ot of their keep / tower / smc and use some funny anti stealth traps you will have alot harder time as core/dd than with DE. last week i was in SMC upper floor as DE and a DD from our server was also there. i had to rez that poor DD 6 times while killing the scouts till he finally switched to DE cause they kept placing an anti stealth trap + ranger traps on his body so i was able to dogge ranger traps while not dogging into the anti stealth one to rez but it gets triggered when he stands up, he never survived that reveal time on DD so i guess DD was gimped there not DE.

Some people are going to play DE or rifle off and on for the same reasons people played core builds or kept s/d warm on the back burner. It's another build with skills and traits to mess around with until devs sort stuff out and people are going to squeeze some kind of optimal build out of it, though it's going to be harder this time around then it was for staff or whatever. I know you're mostly fishing for answers to make crass responses but that's the simple answer, people like to mess around with builds, same reason for alt characters.

What makes you say that specifically? Most people who claim things forget about various situations, combos, and utilities. And just roll with whateveryone else has been saying.

I play deadeye for a number of reasons. Here's three.

1. Is people get MAD when you kill them with a specialization that is called weak by a community that couldn't be bothered with just getting good, when it really isn't that weak or bad if you're used to how Core thief behaved back in 2012.

2. It feels less button smashy. A well timed interrupt or cantrip from a deadeye who made a build that suits his playstyle is a death sentence to anyone running a meta pvp build. Headshot, Binding Shadow, swap weapon crouch DJ combined with sigils that increases damage on targets that are knocked down for example. Where with Daredevil and core thief, you just don't have the burst to completely murder someone who's been CCed before they can break out of it. Daredevil has pulmonary impact, but there's a pretty good chance it's gonna get nerfed (like how they nerfed everything in thief since 2012.)

3. Where Daredevil is all about constant pressure, and core thief is about being a cheeky bastard while pressuring. I love how Deadeye is a cheeky doom timer if they don't kill you in the first second they caught you out. And also how you don't necessarily want to be smashing your face against someone else in melee, but you can sure as hell do it just fine while being frighteningly tanky.

That being said... it's not too hard to fight a Daredevil with Deadeye and win. And that was before Daredevil's slipperyness got nerfed. Now I just gotta count your dodges if you take something to make you slippery, CC, and kill.

I also learned that a lot of daredevils forget about their utilities, or what the core thief utilities were. So... a lot of fun was had with using traps, and better yet... infiltrator's signet, assassin's signet proced, and a backstab at 7 Malice, 25 might, and 25 stacks of precision and might. He had several stacks of vulnerability on him. The daredevil died immediately.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

If you're trying to say that these builds work only in high-tier pvp and fail at lower level pvp then that's just plain wrong lol

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

Most daredevil builds and core builds have to spec glassy and tend to die pretty fast in HoT and PoF maps because of how numerous the enemies are and how hard everything hits.(...)They can also take advantage of most core thief's traits (mainly steal traits) better than Daredevil with Renewing Gaze.

That's also just plain wrong. Aside from the initial ""shock"" at HoT map, I had no problem with playing core/DD builds in both expansions.

They are also able to keep a group buffed with their stolen skills since every one of them has a boon attached to it and last longer with more malice. DE 333 turns Deadeye into a support build which goes well with improv, Wanderer stats and leadership runes. That gives you 72% boon duration 23k HP and 2.7k armor. In fact, you could probably tank with that.

There are better supporting classes/builds and better tanking classes/builds, so who cares that it can do something better than DD, when it's still sub-par...?

And that's why the first answer in this thread was correct.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

If you're trying to say that these builds work only in high-tier pvp and fail at lower level pvp then that's just plain wrong lol

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

Most daredevil builds and core builds have to spec glassy and tend to die pretty fast in HoT and PoF maps because of how numerous the enemies are and how hard everything hits.(...)They can also take advantage of most core thief's traits (mainly steal traits) better than Daredevil with Renewing Gaze.

That's also just plain wrong.

They are also able to keep a group buffed with their stolen skills since every one of them has a boon attached to it and last longer with more malice. DE 333 turns Deadeye into a support build which goes well with improv, Wanderer stats and leadership runes. That gives you 72% boon duration 23k HP and 2.7k armor. In fact, you could probably tank with that.

There are better supporting classes/builds and better tanking classes/builds, so who cares that it can do something better than DD, but is still sub-par...?

Literally my thoughts

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

are you trying to tell me that Deadeye is better for PvE cuz its not lolDE 333 turns Deadeye into a support build which goes well with improv, Wanderer stats and leadership runes. That gives you 72% boon duration 23k HP and 2.7k armor. In fact, you could probably tank with that.

Inside the mind of a Deadeye folks. Wanderer leadership rune Deadeye for that yummy team boon support!

jk stop trying to make Deadeye work

Also if you wanted a build that can tank, have you heard of acro staff Daredevil lol

@Asur.9178 said:I can answer for them:

• Roleplaying...I like roleplaying.
  • Pew pew pew...I feel like I'm doing a lot when I actually am not.
  • I'm a try hard that wants to stand out and be a rebel by crippling myself, because I choose not to play meta or something more globally accepted as better.

After hearing all these answers you really hit the money bud

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

If you're trying to say that these builds work only in high-tier pvp and fail at lower level pvp then that's just plain wrong lolIf you are going to completely omit the qualifiers from my statements, then sure. But the reality is that there are many more builds that perform better than meta in other parts of the game. Considering low tier pvp, d/d conditions can beat any other thief build any day.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

That's also just plain wrong. Aside from the initial ""shock"" at HoT map, I had no problem with playing core/DD builds in both expansions.I had no "shock" with Deadeye because I was able to start off with tanky gear. And instead of running around getting aggro every step, I could park my ass and move on when the area was cleared.

There are better supporting classes/builds and better tanking classes/builds, so who cares that it can do something better than DD, when it's still sub-par...?

Compared to other professions, yeah, but I was comparing Deadeye to Daredevil and core.

I love to play Daredevil because I like everything about this elite specialization - from rifle, to cantrips and mark mechanics - and I really don't care which class or elite specialization is better or worse. If I like it, than it's the best for me. It's just a game.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

If you're trying to say that these builds work only in high-tier pvp and fail at lower level pvp then that's just plain wrong lolIf you are going to completely omit the qualifiers from my statements, then sure. But the reality is that there are many more builds that perform better than meta in other parts of the game. Considering low tier pvp, d/d conditions can beat any other thief build any day.

Yeah, in other parts of the game... And none of those better builds contain rifle in them.And wtf is this "low tier pvp" argument, give me a break :D And no, as far as I like d/d thief for it's "assassin-ish vibe", it's definitely not the best pvp weapon setup. "Low tier" or not, lmao.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

That's also just plain wrong. Aside from the initial ""shock"" at HoT map, I had no problem with playing core/DD builds in both expansions.I had no "shock" with Deadeye because I was able to start off with tanky gear. And instead of running around getting aggro every step, I could park my kitten and move on when the area was cleared.

You had no "shock with deadeye", because there was no deadeye at HoT release (and that's probably the only open world difficulty level jump there was in this game), but nice try.Also DD kills groups of mobs faster AND easier than DE, but keep parking whatever and wherever you want ^_^

Compared to other professions, yeah, but I was comparing Deadeye to Daredevil and core.

Great, still irrelevant for the state of the game. If you want to support, there are better chocies, if you want to tank -there are better choices....aaand we're back to the first answer of this thread being spot on.

Archived