Fractal ridicolous

Why do you tune up all fractals ? VIndicators -wtf is this ? Are you on drugs. Ark was already ridicolous without them .Tonight i did ARK 3 hours with no success. When the boss fall at 25 % there is no safe place in the entire map, you getting out of dodges cause ever second you have to dodge balls , vindicators , falling maps. Why dont you make Level 1 fractal as hard as 100 so you ll prevent players to play at all , specially new one.Or you forcing us to buy reviving orbs from gem store ? Serious if i wanna challenge mod i ll chose a challenge mod , but to make every fractal impossible to play thats unserious . Fractals should be shorter than dungeons yes right .Fractals are longer than WoW -Icecrown Citadel 25 cause that broken mechanic and non stop wiping with pugs. I start to play that game because of the idea of no need of special party like tanks , healers , dps like every other mmoprs. Very soon the new meta will be 4 druds and 1 dps doing 1 fractal 2 hours but save...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@andrenaline.4286 said:

@Rhiannon.1726 said:If people have trouble with a t4 fractal, just play a t3 fractal. Problem solved.

We do t4 because of the chests isnt it obvious ? And i dont have problem with T4 i do have problem with sick mind of some developer

Again if you cant do it go down a tier. U will lose rewards but thats the point of it.

@andrenaline.4286 said:Why do you tune up all fractals ? VIndicators -kitten is this ? Are you on drugs. Ark was already ridicolous without them .Tonight i did ARK 3 hours with no success. When the boss fall at 25 % there is no safe place in the entire map, you getting out of dodges cause ever second you have to dodge kitten , vindicators , falling maps. Why dont you make Level 1 fractal as hard as 100 so you ll prevent players to play at all , specially new one.Or you forcing us to buy reviving orbs from gem store ? Serious if i wanna challenge mod i ll chose a challenge mod , but to make every fractal impossible to play thats unserious . Fractals should be shorter than dungeons yes right .Fractals are longer than WoW -Icecrown Citadel 25 cause that broken mechanic and non stop wiping with pugs. I start to play that game because of the idea of no need of special party like tanks , healers , dps like every other mmoprs. Very soon the new meta will be 4 druds and 1 dps doing 1 fractal 2 hours but save...

Kek. All it takes is a heal tempest and you can carry pretty much any group in any fractal, save the CMs. Which Oasis doesn't even have.

The fractal team does fantastic work in creating new and reworking existing fractals. The last fight in Oasis is fun. It's AOE spam, but it very rarely hits hard and it's not particularly hard to manage. I love how the stages are themed after the human gods. It wouldn't be doing the gods justice if these attacks weren't massive and spectacular.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@andrenaline.4286 said:Why do you tune up all fractals ? VIndicators -kitten is this ? Are you on drugs. Ark was already ridicolous without them .Tonight i did ARK 3 hours with no success. When the boss fall at 25 % there is no safe place in the entire map, you getting out of dodges cause ever second you have to dodge kitten , vindicators , falling maps. Why dont you make Level 1 fractal as hard as 100 so you ll prevent players to play at all , specially new one.Or you forcing us to buy reviving orbs from gem store ? Serious if i wanna challenge mod i ll chose a challenge mod , but to make every fractal impossible to play thats unserious . Fractals should be shorter than dungeons yes right .Fractals are longer than WoW -Icecrown Citadel 25 cause that broken mechanic and non stop wiping with pugs. I start to play that game because of the idea of no need of special party like tanks , healers , dps like every other mmoprs. Very soon the new meta will be 4 druds and 1 dps doing 1 fractal 2 hours but save...

Kek. All it takes is a heal tempest and you can carry pretty much any group in any fractal, save the CMs. Which Oasis doesn't even have.

The fractal team does fantastic work in creating new and reworking existing fractals. The last fight in Oasis is fun. It's AOE spam, but it very rarely hits hard and it's not particularly hard to manage. I love how the stages are themed after the human gods. It wouldn't be doing the gods justice if these attacks weren't massive and spectacular.

Ministrel ?

/sigh.......there's four tiers, if you can't do tier 4. Do tier 3, and so on until you hit a tier you can manage. Then practice, and work your way back up to tier 4. It's not even hard. Anets not on drugs. No developer has a twisted mind. They are doing a really good job building new fractals, and bringing in new mechanics to make the fractals more engaging, hardly something to complain about.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Before opening it, somehow I was hopeful this thread was about the slightly exaggerated visuals in the new fractal. But this is ... disappointing.

idk the visuals out side like 1 or 2 god phases arent even so extreme. I can give them dwana and maybe balth but still the importand attacks u can still see.

@zealex.9410 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:Before opening it, somehow I was hopeful this thread was about the slightly exaggerated visuals in the new fractal. But this is ... disappointing.

idk the visuals out side like 1 or 2 god phases arent even so extreme. I can give them dwana and maybe balth but still the importand attacks u can still see.

Dwayna is fine, the lightning bolt spam is predictable and easily avoidable, and jump is your friend for the rest.

Balth phase is visual overload though.

Why don't you, just, like gasp cleave the vindicators to death? Or avoid going down so they don't spawn?My problem with ark, at T4 is the inevitability of death if you don't block or dodge those red/purple balls. If you get caught on the ground effect you're gone.Doesn't mean it's a bad design, but it sure can be annoying, especially if you're playing melee classes, you don't have much of a window to avoid it, especially with missing floor panels.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Why don't you, just, like gasp cleave the vindicators to death? Or avoid going down so they don't spawn?My problem with ark, at T4 is the inevitability of death if you don't block or dodge those red/purple kitten. If you get caught on the ground effect you're gone.Doesn't mean it's a bad design, but it sure can be annoying, especially if you're playing melee classes, you don't have much of a window to avoid it, especially with missing floor panels.

count to 2 and use ur special action to get ageis and no crap on floor

@Ahlen.7591 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Dwayna is fine, the lightning bolt spam is predictable and easily avoidable, and jump is your friend for the rest.

Never said i had an issue with it i said this to mee seems like the one phase where the biggest clutter happens.

@andrenaline.4286 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

Ministrel ?

Yes, Minstrel is the safest because of how tanky you are in addition to how much healing you can pump out. Fractals do not have toughness-based aggro so it doesn't matter how much of it you have.

@Ahlen.7591 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

It's true but hey, it's the power of the god of fire. It feels so right to be visually impressive.

Some very vocal yet still minority players confuse fractals with raids and Anet follows their loud yet unjustified demands of pushing more ridiculous aoe spam mechanics in new fractals. Fractals are not raids. Fractals are medium-range difficulty, they were supposed to fill the niche left after Anet decided to refuse further dungeon developement. Unfortunately, they forgot about it and current fractal team tries to compete with raid team for some reason.

So Ben and Co, fractals are not raids. CMs being raid levele of annoyance/difficulty are okay, as they are supposed to be introduction to raid content. T4s are not. You are pushing your new ridiculous desings alienating people who want their dungeon level content that you promised to deliver in form of fractals after HoT. So please stop competing with raid team. You are going to please a vocal minority in expense of general crowd.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Some very vocal yet still minority players confuse fractals with raids and Anet follows their loud yet unjustified demands of pushing more ridiculous aoe spam mechanics in new fractals. Fractals are not raids. Fractals are medium-range difficulty, they were supposed to fill the niche left after Anet decided to refuse further dungeon developement. Unfortunately, they forgot about it and current fractal team tries to compete with raid team for some reason.

So Ben and Co, fractals are not raids. CMs being raid levele of annoyance/difficulty are okay, as they are supposed to be introduction to raid content. T4s are not. You are pushing your new ridiculous desings alienating people who want their dungeon level content that you promised to deliver in form of fractals after HoT. So please stop competing with raid team. You are going to please a vocal minority in expense of general crowd.

t2 even some t3 is at dungeon level mate.

EditIts just that dungeons have become so easy with power creep/and you know them in and out, that you think they are easier now then when they were released.

@Feanor.2358 said:What they are doing is making fractals actually fun. Throwing faceless mobs with generic attacks at you is boring.

I don't know, throwing faceless mobs at you that make you skip them completely is also very boring. It's one of the reasons I never do any dungeons except I need to for a collection. Sure, it makes my thief a little more valuable, but there are better ways to do that for specific classes. Thaumanova or Aetherblade are awesome for thieves without skipping mobs through stealth.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:What they are doing is making fractals actually fun. Throwing faceless mobs with generic attacks at you is boring.

I don't know, throwing faceless mobs at you that make you skip them completely is also very boring. It's one of the reasons I never do any dungeons except I need to for a collection. Sure, it makes my thief a little more valuable, but there are better ways to do that for specific classes. Thaumanova or Aetherblade are awesome for thieves without skipping mobs through stealth.

That's the point. Oasis has some normal enemies that are less generic, but I was really talking about the boss fight. Compare it with, say, Mai Trin. To this day I don't really know what she does. I know she ports, she sometimes throws a projectile attack that stacks some condis and... that's it. They did a fine job reworking that fight, but it is still their "old" boss design. The "boss" is essentially just a stronger enemy with slightly tweaked attacks.

Now consider the "new" boss design. The gladiator on Chaos didn't quite do it, but the bosses on Nightmare, Shattered and now Oasis are very different. Their attacks are massive, ominous and deadly. These aren't just buffed up enemies, these are real bosses. I get it, you might not be a fan of the AOE spam. But it's rarely that important. You can get hit a lot without failing. The real attacks that pose a real threat have huge, slow telegraphs that make them easy to recognize and fast to learn. And when you do, it feels properly rewarding to dodge/cancel an attack you know can wipe the whole party. Again, consider the old design. What happens when you don't bother to walk away of Archdiviner's field of hands? You get imprisoned in a cage you break with a simple autoattack. That's not a threat, that's mild inconvenience. Or old Mai, which your group could kite around forever, not even realizing what mechanic they weren't doing correctly. The mechanics in the new fights are both more readable and more impactful. Which makes these fights a lot more engaging and fun.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Some very vocal yet still minority players confuse fractals with raids and Anet follows their loud yet unjustified demands of pushing more ridiculous aoe spam mechanics in new fractals. Fractals are not raids. Fractals are medium-range difficulty, they were supposed to fill the niche left after Anet decided to refuse further dungeon developement. Unfortunately, they forgot about it and current fractal team tries to compete with raid team for some reason.

Not at all. Back in the days, fractal 50 was like upper T4/CM. Few people ran them but those who could were able to a.k.a. skillful players. On the other hand inexperienced players had 0 chance to succeed at Volcanic, Underground, Cliffside or Mai Trin. The truth is the highest tier (= T4) is overall far more available and easier with Powercreep on Solid Ocean, Oceanic, Uncat - actually all older fractals even the revamped ones - than it was in the past. And the rewards got even better according to the statistics of [KING].

@Vinceman.4572 said:

Not at all. Back in the days, fractal 50 was like upper T4/CM. Few people ran them but those who could were able to a.k.a. skillful players. On the other hand inexperienced players had 0 chance to succeed at Volcanic, Underground, Cliffside or Mai Trin. The truth is the highest tier (= T4) is overall far more available and easier with Powercreep on Solid Ocean, Oceanic, Uncat - actually all older fractals even the revamped ones - than it was in the past. And the rewards got even better according to the statistics of [KING].

The reason why people were uninterested in old "50" fractals was lack of rewards and ongoing dungeon farm :)

Archived