WvW Transfer Penalty

Zenion.7543

I don’t post but thought I would throw this thought out to see if ANet can be persuaded to change. I transferred off a WvW server that wasn’t right for me to a more compatible one, but I won’t be able to earn PIP rewards for close to 2 weeks due to the day I transferred. I've been playing since pre-release and am a dedicated WvW player so I'm familiar with the game and the ANet policy however I wanted to provide player feedback.

This has driven me to sit out for two weeks and in such time, no one wins. My new server doesn’t get my contribution, I don’t play because I don't earn PIP rewards and ANet doesn't win because I don't spend my money on Gems. Lastly, ANet gets double dinged because I go find new games to play which may very well take me away from the game all together.

This is not a rant but observations from a loyal player. WVW rewards are meager at best and the game mode is in decline so please don't penalize the player base for trying to keep it interesting.

-Zenion

they added penalty to prevent stacking. you can argue whether it actually does anything but yea thats why it's there. The pip farm hype has died off quite a bit so they probably could remove the penalty. it's hard to tell without popular servers like JQ and BG opening. I think if people really wanted to go to a specific server they will still go penalty or not.

IMO they should keep it but maybe change it so the penalty only applies when transferring to a higher populated server as a deterrent to stacking.

I think the penalty is fine. I just served one myself even though I left a full server for a medium one. I did it for guild purposes, others have their reasons but I think the penalty is appropriate. ANET is probably losing a little money but most do not play for the reward so people who want to move will move regardless.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Zenion.7543 said:ANet doesn't win because I don't spend my money on Gems.

Didn't you used gems to transfer?

He just converted golds to gems.

Somebody bought those gems with RL cash. The gold:gem ratio spiked enormously when worlds were first linked (and they sometimes spike right after the new links are published and when certain worlds become open). There's definitely some benefit to ANet (and arguably to cash-spending players) if more people were to transfer more often. There's also a downside: the more transfers there are, the less stable the match ups; as bad as we perceive that to be now, bandwagoning would make it worse. (And many of us can recall how that was when WvW was in its heyday, before ANet introduced the first limitation on transfers.)

For the OP: there are good reasons why there's a cooldown on WvW benefits after a transfer. Spending gems (or not) doesn't affect those reasons.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:Since when do people play wvw for the rewards?

since they put wvw specific rewards into wvw, do you play different gamemode or game at all ?

At topic... it was good that they put 2 weeks without pip.... ppl and guilds hoping from server to server destroying whole idea of world vs world.

@Zenion.7543 said:I don’t post but thought I would throw this thought out to see if ANet can be persuaded to change. I transferred off a WvW server that wasn’t right for me to a more compatible one, but I won’t be able to earn PIP rewards for close to 2 weeks due to the day I transferred. I've been playing since pre-release and am a dedicated WvW player so I'm familiar with the game and the ANet policy however I wanted to provide player feedback.

This has driven me to sit out for two weeks and in such time, no one wins. My new server doesn’t get my contribution, I don’t play because I don't earn PIP rewards and ANet doesn't win because I don't spend my money on Gems. Lastly, ANet gets double dinged because I go find new games to play which may very well take me away from the game all together.

This is not a rant but observations from a loyal player. WVW rewards are meager at best and the game mode is in decline so please don't penalize the player base for trying to keep it interesting.

-Zenion

the time you play ingame is what they use to count if you've earned your pips.

ex. i joined nsp but i play 4 to8 hours depending. i got my pips on the third day.

@intox.6347 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:Since when do people play wvw for the rewards?

since they put wvw specific rewards into wvw, do you play different gamemode or game at all ?

At topic... it was good that they put 2 weeks without pip.... ppl and guilds hoping from server to server destroying whole idea of world vs world.

You've missed my point I see.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Zenion.7543 said:I've been playing since pre-release and am a dedicated WvW player.

I don’t play because I don't earn PIP rewards.

@Zenion.7543 said:been playing since pre-release

@Zenion.7543 said:don’t play because I don't earn PIP

@Zenion.7543 said:since pre-release

He must have been playing PvE only since pre-release and became a dedicated WvW player only after pips came out

@Sovereign.1093 said:the time you play ingame is what they use to count if you've earned your pips.

ex. i joined nsp but i play 4 to8 hours depending. i got my pips on the third day.

that is not correct, i did play more then 4-8hrs x 3 without earining pips. you need to be on the world from one reset to the end and will earn pips after it. so if you transfer right before reset it will be 1 week

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:the time you play ingame is what they use to count if you've earned your pips.

that is not correct, i did play more then 4-8hrs x 3 without earining pips. you need to be on the world from one reset to the end and will earn pips after it. so if you transfer right before reset it will be 1 week

Agree that it is not correct. Mine was about two weeks. Started pipping again this past weekend after transferring 1.5 weeks ago or there about.

I've transferred a total of four times. The first time was when my server died (wvw wise), so I went to a T1 server, then I left it to get away from T1 stalemates, which bringings me to two. Then a friend wanted to move to another server so we did and then we got home sick I guess and went back. I'm done moving...even if I'm the last person on the server.....Moving really does little these days when smaller servers rotate in and out anyhow.

Archived