Should there be a GW 3? - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Should there be a GW 3?

12346>

Comments

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Other (I might explain my preference in the comments)

@Gianluca.8256 said:
    We need a GW 1.5 with new graphics engine new map new story but same mechanincs, 8 bar skill GvG Arena Heroes' Ascent Heroes etc. It was a better PvP game and also a better PvE World and Story

I couldn't agree more. :+1:

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2019

No, the environment is not ripe for new MMOrpgs right now. The genre itself is on the decline especially in the west. At least not for a MMOrpg with high production standards (like GW2 at launch) that won't devolve into P2W cash grab.

I couldn't pick the "when the time is right" option, because I have no way to know if that time will ever come again.

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

No, I have invested too much time and money in GW2. Keep adding to GW2 — mounts were a great addition and fun in all the maps! :) It is a lovely game and I enjoy exploring all the maps.

I have not been happy about the continual balancing and really, I would like builds and traitlines to be more customizable. Maybe separate off WvW and PvP into their own more limited (buildwise) entity since that’s where all the cries for nerfs come from. When I’m playing PvE, I couldn’t care less if someone else has figured out how to kill monsters faster than me. But that is neither here nor there...

I probably should have just selected “No” but there is one thing that would entice me to start another MMORPG if I liked the concept, etc. and that would be highly customizable characters with individual stories and interactions as in SWTOR where there were even the story options to play against type: a noble Sith or ruthless Jedi, for example. I actually started GW2 because I thought it might come closest, especially when I saw options to choose between ferocious, noble and charming options. Well, I still enjoy GW2, and especially enjoyed the HoT story as a sylvari.

• gonzi.7605gonzi.7605 Member ✭✭
    No, it's not needed. GW 2 should just continue with expansions and patches.

For me - at this point i dont see reason to make GW 3. Let me explain. Gw2 was created around one thing - open as many doors as its possible without closing any of these doors. We can see this in core mechanics like elite specs, expansions, new maps, gear... its all about making another choice/option for player without any limits like "sorry, you have to bought HoT first, then PoF, other way you wont have enought power to kill things in PoF". And it also work in opposite way - even after 10 expansions and whole eq as legendaries... we still will have possibility to come back to Tarir and have great fun with pretty decent loot.

You see where it going? Even right now we have a lot of things to do, imagine when this game will have like 5 expansions. Thats where WoW failed - Blizzard with every expansion destroy their whole work from before. Lets be honest - Burning Crusade was great expansion... but now we either have no reason to do it, nor fun (one-shot boss with 1 aa as mage, yay), few people do it only for phoenix mount as chore and forget after that.

Gw2 still look pretty, story is better than ever, people still playing, the game is one of the best in genre (we can argue if its number 1, 2 or 3 - but we all agree that its in top 5 at least along with wow, ff, eso, and i dont know... maybe bdo). So why dont make it last longer? Especially when we got advantage of adding things to do (or new playstyle and mechanics like gliders, mounts) while still EVERYTHING is viable. If you want you can go to Orr doing old, good temples and have a lot of fun without wasting your time (sure, people might say "but in this time you could go farm RIBA/Istan", but while its not the best thing to do we still got SOMETHING valuable from it, same as we would go doing random event from newest map).

So for me - make it last. At least until the whole genre will get into "next-gen". For now genre have to caught up Gw2 - there is no other game that make such a feeling of living world :)

• Jasonbdj.4021Jasonbdj.4021 Member ✭✭✭

The main reason for GW1 > GW2 for a game-play change.

There were lots of ideas they wanted to add but unable to into GW1 so thats when they decided to create GW2.

The engine has its down points but still quite decent compare to others. Highly doubt that others would able cope with the calculations that GW2 does efficiently.

You do have a ability to use d912pxy mod to help with performance issue (if your rig is decent enough).

Graphics update will only eat up resources which will result much less content due to higher standard they have to maintain.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

Still have parts of GW2 map we havnt been to yet

• alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

With the communication levels we have, It will be a majpr mistake to even think about gw3. Gw2 is a promising game but it constantly fails to keep up the expectations. It can be so much more.

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, when the time is right.

and the time is now?

Hopfully a new GW3 will bring in new developers, new team, new ideas, new mechanics. GW2 has too many irreversible flaws like bald headed hear gears, undyeable backpack with unchangable stats, undyeable/unchangeable undies, totally imbalance profession skills, too extreme and too much unnecessary nerfs << which everyone should know by now this is ANet balance team only solution to balancing the game, nerf and nerf and nerf everything.

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2019
    I can't imagine a GW 3 right now. I'm too deep into GW 2.

Mhh maybe a Guild wars 2/3 where they at least use multi cores instead of single cores plz...

• Balsa.3951Balsa.3951 Member ✭✭✭

@Shirlias.8104 said:
    I want gw3 as a post apocalyptic tyria scenario after the death of all dragons.
    Something like Hokuto No Ken, where instead of fighting for skins we are supposed to fight for food and clean water.

Sounds like my real life now

• Balsa.3951Balsa.3951 Member ✭✭✭

If I loose all my progress and need start from zero for gw3 than I just quit mmos. Gw2 is the only game I play. And I reached the QOL bag space legendary gear and other items which make this game more fun to play.

Giving all up only for an engine which will be outdated 1 year later anyway not really like that idea

• Jimarius.2843Jimarius.2843 Member ✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

A buddy of mine and I started playing GW1 again after 7 years. We both had the same thought: why did we ever stop playing this? GW2 is a great game, rock solid in fact, its just not a very good guild wars game. It has so little in common with the first one. I'd be in favor of a GW3 that looked a lot closer to GW1 in terms of gameplay.

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭

The only reason i think they should consider gw3 is if they cant update the game as it stands. But honestly if wow can update that game to more modern standards without having to shut the game down and start over GW2 can also. Maybe something that can be rolled out in the expansion . There is no need for a GW3 from a story standpoint all new maps and stories can be added to this game. The engine and graphics and optimization would be the only reason to make a new game. But really they could tweak this one and carry on adding content to it. WoW has been around for a long time, they didnt go out and make wow 2 just to begin adding new worlds, they updated the game and carried on. They have world maps on other planets for crying out loud no need to start a new game.

• Yes, when the time is right.

I wasn't playing GW2 so much since HoT, I was just playing to play a bit with my friends and then I stopped playing GW2 a little after HoT released, I haven't even done s3.

With HoT, the game gave me the feeling it was a game to consume faster and faster, especially with the mastery points system and the story, I wasn't enjoying it anymore, it wasn't fun anymore. The new currencies, the new useless items you don't know what to do with they added each time for each new map made the inventory much more chaostic. The new elite spes made the game so unbalanced and made the combats look even more chaotic : more AOE, more CC, more evade/invulnerability/block/relfection, more teleports, more dashes, more conditions, more condition removals, more healing, ..., and the new visual effects are also too much.

To me GW2 died with HoT and it is getting worse and worse as time passes.

GW2 was something magical when it released, but it already wasn't perfect. It didn't gave me the same feeling GW1 did. The combats were already a bit chaotic, but it was ok at this time. You can't create builds like in GW1, you are too limited. They added a stat system and talent tree system like there are in the other MMOs, but the attribute system of GW1 was just perfect and unique...
    And then they added ascended gears and broke their promises (which are somewhat easy to obtain, yes, but still...).

GW2 PvP is also so far away from the quality of GW1 PvP IMO. The Random Arena as an example was 10x way better than what we have in GW2.

And even for the graphics/design I prefer GW1. The game art design was better to me. They could have taken the same graphics with updated engine and it would have been perfect. The anatomy was better done, the animations, the poses, the running animations, the dances also. The armor skins were really nice, detailed and unique. When I looked at the GW2 armors my first impression was : it looks like WoW. The charactor creation was limited but you had a bunch of different and cool hairstyles and faces. The spell visuals were also good, it was light, not too much, but it looked nice (I also like the visuals in GW2 btw).
    Not to mention GW2 optimization...

GW2 can't change to become what it should have been, it's too late. IMO they should have done GW3 already and not those GW2 expansions.
    They should do GW3, but keeping GW1 in mind this time with the good original ideas of GW2 (personnal story, dynamic events that change the world, dungeon paths).

• Alin.2468Alin.2468 Member ✭✭✭

Guild Wars 2 is a nice game as it is, it just needs a huge expansion just for PvP with big balances and lots of new modes. That side of the game was completely left aside; it's now poor and abandoned (even by ESL since 2016) and it deserves some respect and attention too.

One man trash another man treasure.

After this episode, I can't wait to see where our next adventure is taking us! :) Who needs a GW3 at this point, really? ;)

I think yes.

I mean, there should be, or the current GW should have better graphics, it would surely lure in more people. The new mmorpgs out there are having almost realistic graphics, even tho it would not fit the GW style, some graphic improvements would be surely welcome.

• SinisterSlay.6973SinisterSlay.6973 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2019

They really need a new engine. They are using an API from 2004. It's a minor miracle it works at all on modern hardware and modern operating systems.
    Eventually Windows or video card makers will drop support for this ancient api and anet will go belly up very quickly if they don't have a plan. Right now it appears they don't have a plan.

They don't even need better graphics, just clear technical debt. Of which they are under a mountain of.

Seeing as DirectX 9 was released back in 2002 for Windows 98 - xp, I think a new game with an updated engine based off of dx11/12/Vulkan would be amazing. Every time I play another mmo and come back to GW2 I am just appalled by how poor the game runs.

• No, it's not needed. GW 2 should just continue with expansions and patches.

@WWWWWWWW.6742 said:
    Seeing as DirectX 9 was released back in 2002 for Windows 98 - xp, I think a new game with an updated engine based off of dx11/12/Vulkan would be amazing. Every time I play another mmo and come back to GW2 I am just appalled by how poor the game runs.

It's amazing to think just how much hardware and software has changed since back then. The way GW2 is coded is just not done anymore. I bet ANet has trouble hiring developers by now. It's like trying to find someone to work in Delphi or something.
    They really need to create and devote an Engine team that does nothing except build a new engine that still uses the old assets.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:

@WWWWWWWW.6742 said:

It's amazing to think just how much hardware and software has changed since back then. The way GW2 is coded is just not done anymore. I bet ANet has trouble hiring developers by now. It's like trying to find someone to work in Delphi or something.
    They really need to create and devote an Engine team that does nothing except build a new engine that still uses the old assets.

i work with delphi :)

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2019

Guild Wars 2 is not the successor to Guild Wars to begin with. Even Mesmer is not the original design from Guild Wars yet still is called Mesmer? Mesmer having clones, reflecting damages, 1 shoot killing, stealthing with portals? This certainly not Gwen's Mesmer, it's a fabricated copy.

Guild Wars Mesmer was Not a Prototype Killing machine!

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer

This is the original Mesmer

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mesmer

This is the fake Mesmer

Huge Difference Guys

Anyhow,

So the correct question would be, should there be a Guild Wars 2 instead

With the same balance and design team? Captain Gwen Thackeray the champion of Guild Wars... would say Absolutely Not!!

So lets end this here, no more talks about having Guild Wars 2, 3

Guild Wars
    The True Guild Wars
    The Last of Guild Wars

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

• Maybe, depending on what can be added in or upgraded from GW 2.

The game is getting hardly playable slowly with decent hardware as new features are being added over the years. I believe this arising issue will be the main 'concern' at near future to either rework GW2 or start on stratch with GW3. Second option is more likely to be picked due to technical reasons. I hope to see days in which either games run close on Fps to our refresh rates during mass events without having have to sacrifice quality. (E.g. Metal concert with 60 people).

• @Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:
    When GW2 starts to look and feel old-fashioned and low-tech, they will have to go for GW3. I hope that's not for quite a while, though.

You know, I was kind of thinking along the lines of what more they can offer us in the world of Tyria. The new map for the Ice Brood Saga had aesthetic touches, but nothing new or exciting.

How about we explore alternate dimensions? We kind have a little tease of that with the mists, but what about expanding civilization to other planets through amazing Asuran gate technologies? (worm holes to other galaxies.)

This may seem to become nothing but a science fiction game at that point which perhaps is not welcome to the player base or the devs. If so, I understand. But, sometimes I like to get "get out of this world and go beyond ...."

I dont think GW2 has 2 more years in it, specially with the current performance and direction ANet is taking

• titje.2745titje.2745 Member ✭✭✭

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:

@MikeL.8260 said:

bought 1 Smartphone in my entire life and it still serves me well, if it ever breaks I will buy the same Smartphone again.

What I'm trying to say here is: just because something is new doesn't mean it's better and just because there is more of something doesn't mean any of it is actually good.

>
    i thought the same when i bought a nokia n95 in 2008. but it got slow and had to buy a new one in 2011 (a samsung s2) i then also said when i get this i no more need another smartphone. but in 2017 i bought a iphone. because the samsung got slow. and it’s RAM was always nearly full. things get better over time. i use both phones for 2 steps authentication.

Everyone who wants to see GW3 probably has a very twisted view of reality... Yes the graphics will probably improve, maybe the engine will run better but does that make a good game? No, graphics and how well a game runs don't matter in the first place, if the gameplay and story aren't gripping then everything else won't save the game. And when it comes to gameplay and story you will find that Companies which just pump out game after game usually produce kitten quality gameplay & story or just reiterations of previous games of the series with very little change while indie companies usually have incredibly detailed stories with innovative gameplay. Is it because they're more talented? Maybe but most likely it's because they focus all their attention to making that one game amazing instead of trying to produce as many games as possible.

this is just opinion/taste. i have so many games like call of duty 1, 2, modern warfare 1 (cod4) world at war (cod5) black ops 1. modern warfare 2. crisis 2 and 3. and never played the story mode because i didn’t made free time for it. sure the story’s are good i have read. but my focus are graphics. sound (later) and multiplayer. i don’t care story’s in guildwars 2 they are annoying and to long. and chance for disconnect and do all over again. it isn’t much more then some pixels talking to each other but then slow and long. and worst you can’t skip it. i don’t like it because i don’t read books so i can’t imagine how every role is. and relation to each other. and now we also are forced to do story for sky scale and new map a POI. i still have to start story. maybe i find some help some time. from battlefield series i have played some story and it was nice. but that’s awesome shooting like a movie. not just talk. so i like better graphics and gameplay over some text.

but graphics in this game are nice. but wish better frames. i have to play windowed mode after they patched the game few years ago. someone said they changed servers or something. after that patch i sometimes got fps drops like few fps for 5 minutes long. with a i7 6700k and a gtx 780ti by that time. i got new gpu now

I think this game would need graphics reworked.. or.. its not going to last much longer. It reminds me Star Trek Online, cool game, yeah? I used to play it for soo many years, but they never bothered to update graphics, the game looks like .. umm.. shet, and all they did for last x years was to only add new episodes or story, milking the last few money out of their title. Don't get too keen on story, Anet, and don't let this game die ^^

• Ghetx.1752Ghetx.1752 Member ✭✭✭

Just look at the Division '2' HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Something that was supposed to be expansion,poorly treated players got as 'NEW' game.

Same graphic,with new environment (no snow) Same story (kill new packs of thugs)

Few new weapons and gadgets,that's about it.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019

As I always say, "Gw2 is a game with ton of wasted potential".

-They could have make an awesome housing system but what we have is an expensive crafting for assets we can't even change in size or rotating them in xyz axis.
    Us the commander, don't even have a house.
    -They have 5 fabulous races and nothing is made to put them clearly on the stage abording the whole lore about them and their past. If not that it's the living world which is wrong: the same default npc copy pasted everywhere (hello citizens), we know nothing about the race themselves: you just arrive, no memories of your childhood or how you grew up. The personnal story is personnal before lvl 30, after it become a mess.
    -They added fluff with the elite specs, they are good ideas, good inspirations but no balancing.
    -The maps are gorgeous but they need 4 months to release one.
    -Tons of explicit lores that became unfinished plot/forgotten ones: menzies, proper past for scarlet, sylvari mind and mordremoth, deep sea dragon, auris weirdbringer (hope one day we earn class 3-4-5 stabilizer), rata novus cube, the uncategorized fractal, chaos and arkk.
    -3 gamemodes, and the only thing that is properly updated is gemstores.
    Peeps gave idea: GvG, Factions, a never ending fractal mist map between well known foes, .....
    -An interesting universe and a bad story, with way too much bad writing: the abobination of aurene resurection, the too early death of Joko and the worst ending ever prize for kralkatorrik and the feelings non sense. Ah and the recent stupid idea of giving genders to dragons. It's IT: JUST IT!!!! ASEXUAL STOP BUTCHERING SCIENCE.

There is just too much things present in the main storyline that could have been used for bigger plot.....
    1-Sinister Triade see wiki.
    2-Kudu, killed too soon.
    3-Gaheron Baelfire surely, also renegade/separists could have been greater threat.
    4-Adventures of Auris Weirdbringer allowing us to travel in times even some hidden moments of ls1 when he earned his clothes.
    5-Development of Rata Sum, how the coast at the south is now?
    6-Dominion of winds?
    7-All the unused intermaps portals?

I don't know what to expect know, I know I used to love so much that game when I joined it 6y ago for the first time, the ambiance, the environments, discovering the maps for the first time and festivals. Now it's flat and always the same, bad rewards, endless repetitive farming to earn anything, collections again and again gor nothing in return. A map each 4 months that everyone rush in one week. This game needs diversity not repetitivity. And seeing how it's even hard to fix only minor bugs, never fixing already released map or content, I have no faith in the future.

I say it, this game has an issue with management, not beeing able to release maps or expacs rapidly, fixing bugs in released contents, balancing or hearing the veterans players and more adding new modes or new gameplay; is already putting that game on a downward slope. A slope to the grave. Of course it's not currently in maintenance or dead, but it isn't top notch either.

So, well it may sound as pure hateful rant, but it isn't intended to be taken as that. It's constructive feedback for a 6y veteran, who don't want to see that game dying.

In 6 years you destroyed everything that made the charm of the game to me:
    1~You removed overcharge skills on turrets. You never updated them since.
    2~You have edited quests removing what was great in them the little plus: incomp optic metrica: you aren't the scrap suit anymore now a stupid bot is following you. In same map: soren draa you removed golem chest the most fun recreative game that was part of the quest. Aqannian research group: instead of letting the poison viald in the lake, you moved them in the hylek village, non sense. Brisban wildlands, where sinister triade occurs, can't anymore destroy asuran stone gate for the heart now you are just mindlessly killing everyone. Can continue with several others....
    3~ls1 can't be experienced anymore, missed ton of AP you will never refund me, 5000+ points. Can't even replay my favourite activities: miasmas in La and the marionette. The best was breachmaker, ow that alarm sound, the knights oww memories.
    4~LA let's speak about LA!!! THE BEST CITY THIS GAME COULD WELCOME A TRUE PIRATE OF THE CARIBEAN VIBES CITY YOU DESTROYED IT. The tavern on the mountain versant, the sewer, the lion's plaza, mystic plaza and mini battle arena WHO WOULD BRING THEM BACK? At least FOR THE SAKE OF VETERANS ADD OLD LION ARCH PASS.

I thought gw2 could continue like this 4 more years but no.
    I think it's time for gw3, nothing can be added or corrected now.

But before changing, I wait to see the other icebrood saga episodes. Maybe also what happens next to Auris since they brought him back.
    All races now got expac/ls apart Asura. They need to be under the spotlight after saga.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI

• SLOTH.5231SLOTH.5231 Member ✭✭✭

To be completely honest I wish they would focus on polishing the game and doing optimizations because we needs the frames!!!!!

• Hume.2876Hume.2876 Member ✭✭

The time is not right now - and likely won't be for a while. IMHO they need to wait till they can do something new with the genre.

I thought the events and such didn't really work like people imagined - and its not hard to imagine a much more sophisticated system with much smarter NPCs that could react to player inputs in various ways. Events of course are essentially triggered quest chains that just repeat at key times or when certain triggers happen.

This is more or less identical to every other MMO makes the world feel dead. If they can use some sophisticated programming to get around this (EQNext and Storybricks for example) - if they could actually do something like that - it would revolutionize the genre and be the right time to make a new MMO.

Everyone focuses on new engine and graphics and while that is important - I think a better quest/event system that works more how we imagine 'real life' works would be a powerful lure. Thousands of different variations in the events depending on what they player does and permanent changes to the game landscape depending on the paths players choose.

Other technological improvements could be things like generated maps that have real depth and nuance - this is another aspect video game designers have tried their hand at and failed miserably..

• SerynNovah.4319SerynNovah.4319 Member ✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019

I would love if they expand the teams so other groups can work on different Guild Wars games and things. A Guild Wars 3 would be soo fun! I would play all 3. I play GW 1 and 2 right now.

@hugo.4705 said:

I would have given you a thumbs-up for that statement, if it wasn't for this:

Ah and the recent stupid idea of giving genders to dragons. It's IT: JUST IT!!!! ASEXUAL STOP BUTCHERING SCIENCE.

Dragons had genders since the world of GW1 was created. Glint was always a she, for instance. Please stop making a fuss over nothing. It just makes you sound, well, sexist. ;)

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    In same map: soren draa you removed golem chest the most fun recreative game that was part of the quest.

This game still exists and can be found in Lastgear Standing (Auric Basin) near the Ancient Golem Part Hero Challenge with one RC Golem Controller on each side (as solo or duo play).

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:

-They could have make an awesome housing system but what we have is an expensive crafting for assets we can't even change in size or rotating them in xyz axis.
    Us the commander, don't even have a house.
    -They have 5 fabulous races and nothing is made to put them clearly on the stage abording the whole lore about them and their past. If not that it's the living world which is wrong: the same default npc copy pasted everywhere (hello citizens), we know nothing about the race themselves: you just arrive, no memories of your childhood or how you grew up. The personnal story is personnal before lvl 30, after it become a mess.
    -They added fluff with the elite specs, they are good ideas, good inspirations but no balancing.
    -The maps are gorgeous but they need 4 months to release one.
    -Tons of explicit lores that became unfinished plot/forgotten ones: menzies, proper past for scarlet, sylvari mind and mordremoth, deep sea dragon, auris weirdbringer (hope one day we earn class 3-4-5 stabilizer), rata novus cube, the uncategorized fractal, chaos and arkk.
    -3 gamemodes, and the only thing that is properly updated is gemstores.
    Peeps gave idea: GvG, Factions, a never ending fractal mist map between well known foes, .....
    -An interesting universe and a bad story, with way too much bad writing: the abobination of aurene resurection, the too early death of Joko and the worst ending ever prize for kralkatorrik and the feelings non sense. Ah and the recent stupid idea of giving genders to dragons. It's IT: JUST IT!!!! ASEXUAL STOP BUTCHERING SCIENCE.

There is just too much things present in the main storyline that could have been used for bigger plot.....
    1-Sinister Triade see wiki.
    2-Kudu, killed too soon.
    3-Gaheron Baelfire surely, also renegade/separists could have been greater threat.
    4-Adventures of Auris Weirdbringer allowing us to travel in times even some hidden moments of ls1 when he earned his clothes.
    5-Development of Rata Sum, how the coast at the south is now?
    6-Dominion of winds?
    7-All the unused intermaps portals?

I don't know what to expect know, I know I used to love so much that game when I joined it 6y ago for the first time, the ambiance, the environments, discovering the maps for the first time and festivals. Now it's flat and always the same, bad rewards, endless repetitive farming to earn anything, collections again and again gor nothing in return. A map each 4 months that everyone rush in one week. This game needs diversity not repetitivity. And seeing how it's even hard to fix only minor bugs, never fixing already released map or content, I have no faith in the future.

I say it, this game has an issue with management, not beeing able to release maps or expacs rapidly, fixing bugs in released contents, balancing or hearing the veterans players and more adding new modes or new gameplay; is already putting that game on a downward slope. A slope to the grave. Of course it's not currently in maintenance or dead, but it isn't top notch either.

So, well it may sound as pure hateful rant, but it isn't intended to be taken as that. It's constructive feedback for a 6y veteran, who don't want to see that game dying.

In 6 years you destroyed everything that made the charm of the game to me:
    1~You removed overcharge skills on turrets. You never updated them since.
    2~You have edited quests removing what was great in them the little plus: incomp optic metrica: you aren't the scrap suit anymore now a stupid bot is following you. In same map: soren draa you removed golem chest the most fun recreative game that was part of the quest. Aqannian research group: instead of letting the poison viald in the lake, you moved them in the hylek village, non sense. Brisban wildlands, where sinister triade occurs, can't anymore destroy asuran stone gate for the heart now you are just mindlessly killing everyone. Can continue with several others....
    3~ls1 can't be experienced anymore, missed ton of AP you will never refund me, 5000+ points. Can't even replay my favourite activities: miasmas in La and the marionette. The best was breachmaker, ow that alarm sound, the knights oww memories.
    4~LA let's speak about LA!!! THE BEST CITY THIS GAME COULD WELCOME A TRUE PIRATE OF THE CARIBEAN VIBES CITY YOU DESTROYED IT. The tavern on the mountain versant, the sewer, the lion's plaza, mystic plaza and mini battle arena WHO WOULD BRING THEM BACK? At least FOR THE SAKE OF VETERANS ADD OLD LION ARCH PASS.

I thought gw2 could continue like this 4 more years but no.
    I think it's time for gw3, nothing can be added or corrected now.

But before changing, I wait to see the other icebrood saga episodes. Maybe also what happens next to Auris since they brought him back.
    All races now got expac/ls apart Asura. They need to be under the spotlight after saga.

One of the things that has poisoned GW2 is this principle that fast and fluid things would make the game "alive" the so-called "living world". The result is actually no solid ground, everything is temporary and shallow, and having a black hole called LS1 embodies this whole principle.

The gamers population that is always after something new it's the worst possible, and they made a mistake trying to capture this niche, they are the first to arrive and the first to go.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭

I'm torn but i have to say no..
    I've wasted a lot of money on my account over the years losing everything to a new game would suck.. And seeing how Guildwars 2 has become over Guildwars i'd hate to see what a cash juggernaut Guildwars 3 would become..

Yes it would be lovely to have a new great game but how these companies force micro-transactions down our throats these days, i'm of the opinion be careful what you wish for.. I'm just being realistic..

What i would buy is a remastered Guildwars 1 with Guildwars 2 graphics, i don't even need to jump like other people seem obsessed with.

• Other (I might explain my preference in the comments)

GW3 only if there would be Tybalt again, i miss him :(