Help me for revenant build

Klue.2089

I want to use short bow and sword because this is enjoyable to me on revenant . I love swapping when enemies get too close or when thy a bit far . When I check online guides they say to go for sword mace or hammer builds . Can somebody please help me design a proper build for my revenant with these two weapons ?I swap between short bow and double swords

Thank you so much

What gamemode? I will assume it is Open World. I also don't know what budget you have.What is your preferred second legend besides the Renegade?

I don't have much experience with Revenant so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'll take a stab.

Well, what are the common factors of the weapons? Swords deals straight damage and has non-damaging conditions like vulnerability and chill. Shortbow on the other hand also deals some straight damage but is more focused on damaging conditions, like bleeds and burning. So be aware that anything you do that increases Condition damage wont benefit your swords, but anything that boosts your power and condition duration will benefit both. Seems like we want some Expertise.

Looking at available stats i think Viper stats for your armor will benefit you the most; I assume that you initiate combat most of the time with the bow from a distance, making it your primary weapon, while cleaning up anyone that comes close with your blades. Pick Viper also for your bow, and Berserker stats for your blades. For trinkets I leave that up to you. You'll figure out if you want stats that keeps boosting your damage or give you more defensive stats if needed.

For Traits, well Renegade is a given, then I like Devastation for some good damage boosts. Last traitline is up to you. I prefer Invocation because having an additional stunbreak when switching legends is very useful (the trait Empty Vessel).

This is what I might be considering trying out if I were playing myself.

Once again, take my advice with a grain of salt.

I thank you for all the opinions given . I will definitely try this build and get back. I normally use mallyx as I like the torment on the aoe spell . And yes it’s Open world I am talking about. I have been paying a game for about a month !! But still due to my limited understanding I am not able to decide on the builds . But I know I want to keep my bow primary and sword secondary ( off hand I will change to axe maybe) .

The guides you will read are focused purely on raiding, and so only care about maximum dps in that particular scenario. Shortbow wants condi gear, sword wants power gear to get the best out of them, which is why MH mace is the best pairing with bow, as it wants condi gear too. Similarly, hammer wants power gear, so goes better with sword.

Nevertheless, for open world only, most things can work. Get some gear with condition damage (Viper or Grieving, if they aren’t achievable then Carrion or Rampager). Try this build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAV8snXMfNSumvJRZzHlst5kSY38SJ4burklNlKdD+gR4fHHyjsNAOgFA-e, throw anything you prefer on the OH really, doesn’t have to be sword. Open with Icerazor and Darkrazor. Attack with the bow. On the rare occasion anything gets close to you, switch to demon and do the sword thing if that’s what makes you happy.

Archived