Ranked: Weapons across Gamemodes

Rome.3192

Scenario: I queue with thief only to see another thief on my team. After talking it out with the other thief, I decide to swap to druid instead. Druid is stuck with PvE weapons i.e. Shortbow and Axe/Torch and the game has less than 10s to start. I cannot re-log to anything else, and I cannot play this character. since these weapons do not work with the PvP build this character has. Since this game is an auto-loss, I have to disconnect so my teammates don't lose rating and take the dishonor. I'm sure I'm not the only one this constantly happens to. Possible solutions could be:

• I always log out other characters in PvP waiting area and swap to PvP weapons before I exit.
  • Get an SSD for faster load times :p
  • Make it so that the PvP menu has armor as well as weapons you can shortlist from which is independent from what you wear in PvE. This also helps avoid naked players getting into PvP.
  • Build templates, come on!
  • Let me swap characters after the game timer has started.
  • Force matchmaking to put unique classes onto teams so character swapping is not a factor at all.I honestly think having PvP weapons independent of your PvE set is the best possible situation. It is also extremely awkward to hold an elite specialization weapon in PvP and then taking the same character to PvE where it has a different specialization.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:Thief/Thief is not an auto loss. I used to think this and swapped to an alt in past seasons, but my win rate is much higher now that I just roll with it and adapt to the game.

That might or might not be the case, but that's not what the post is about.

With all due respect, this looks like an issue with your loading time more than anything. In addition, it really doesn't take that long to switch weapons bearing in mind that all other pvp gear /traits/ amulets etc. are locked into place. If you have 10 seconds, I would say this is enough time to change a maximum of 4 equips.

As for limiting having duplicate classes within a team, I would be against this since it would remove some flavour out of the gameplay. There are plenty of opportunities for the same classes to synergize or provide variety. I would agree that there have been matches where it has been detrimental to have two thieves (it seems this is one of the less desirable duplicates), however you could also argue that this is simply down to the basic rotation mindset people have been accustomed to. In contrast I'm sure people would be more interested in two scourges with up to 6 shades multi-stacking.

tldr: change character faster or play with duplicate classes - it's not an issue.

Archived