Beastmode instead of Petswap?

InsaneQR.7412

Recently while writing in another topic i got an idea about beastmode and petswap.Currebtly we have to weave in and out of beastmode and swap pets to activate petswap traits. And more than so often i heard that ppl are camping beastmode because they have no insentive to swap to the pet.

I want to open a discussion about following ideas and which would sound the most suited and useful for Sbeast.

1. Make beastmode a petswap and remove the second pet. So you can weave in and out of beastmode to activate traits.
  2. Exiting beastmode swaps pets automatically. This would lead to more complicated rotations but would activate the traits.
  3. Just add a petswap mechanic to beastmode so the f5 activates the traits.
  4. Old but gold: Petswap in beastmode allowed.

I personally am in favor of the first idea. I rarely use the second pet and just swap in and out if beastmode. Second placed would be the classic last idea but it would insentify to camp beastmode which isnt really what the devs would do.

So discuss, new ideas are welcome too.

I actually did a write up in one of my guilds arguing for why Beastmode should have been designed around the suggestion number 1.

Conceptually I think it would be the best design route. It would integrate better with the rest of the mechanics and setup some deadly combinations, but more importantly, it could be designed better than just being "an alternate combat mode with weakened pet skills."

Using this design setup, you could then use the justification of an "augmented bond between player and pet" for Beastmode to be a straight upgrade to core ranger combat with the disadvantage of course being not being able to trigger swap functionality or "double up" on cooldowns if you don't swap.

Then with Beastmode, it could just straight up be stronger/better with better skills and coefficients. I'd suggest straight away a passive, or at the very least a signet style passive/active, that is an addon/more functional version of the stat bonus (something like cat merge adds 1s bleeds to attacks, blah blah blah).

Anyhow, it doesn't matter. Until ANet does something I won't play Soulbeast.

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:
  1. Exiting beastmode swaps pets automatically. This would lead to more complicated rotations but would activate the traits.

And no.YOU rarely use the second pet. I swap between them all the time AND dance in and out of beastmode as well.

I intended to make this a discussion. I can understand that ppl dont agree with me but just stating that you dont agree will not bring any new ideas.The first idea streamlines a lot actually and could justify heavy improvements on beastmode skills.I know it will take something away from the core ranger but many e-specs do this to add new mechanic and this mechanic we have does not incorporate the old one very well.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I intended to make this a discussion. I can understand that ppl dont agree with me but just stating that you dont agree will not bring any new ideas.

I understand that, and I voiced my opinion opposing this idea, which is just as valid as having to write another idea or keep my mouth shut. Let me put it this way - I rather keep the current implementation of Soulbeast over your first two suggestions.

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I intended to make this a discussion. I can understand that ppl dont agree with me but just stating that you dont agree will not bring any new ideas.

I understand that, and I voiced my opinion opposing this idea, which is just as valid as having to write another idea or keep my mouth shut. Let me put it this way - I rather keep the current implementation of Soulbeast over your first two suggestions.

Well i can live with this statement. Its atleast a conclusive argument.

Archived