Coming back to GW2, need some advice.

AwwDude.1597

Hi, I am coming back to Guild Wars 2 after a very very long break away from PC gaming and managing to recover my account information. I'm thinking GW2 has changed a lot since I last played so would like some advice on choosing my class. I'm going to spend most of my time PvP and WPvP and would like to know which class excels for these. I quite like outlasting players rather than full on burst. I know its personal choice BUT I haven't played GW2 since release(only played it for 2 months max after release) and I'm a bit unfamiliar on which classes might suite my gameplay.

While it's uncertain how solid PoF elite specs are/will be I'd say go with something bruiser/tanky such as Scrapper or Tempest for sustain/fighting on point for a lengthy time. At the end of the day it depends on your team comp and how well team mates support each other, too. I'd suggest looking at builds on Metabattle to give you an idea on what's currently top picked/played for each class.

Since you've been gone for such a long time you'll want to practice in unranked or the hotjoin maps; try to find some PvP friends who can either coach, teach you some strats or befriend. I'm sure there's pvp guilds out there, also.

Hope that helps.

I don't recommend you looking at builds on metabattle. It is better to learn how to make your own builds and experiment with skills, traits and stats that best fits your playstyle in the PVP lobby instead to get an idea what build you like best before deciding to work on it.

I have a guide that teaches players how to make builds and improve in combat here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/806/gw2-combat-system-build-101-guide

I agree with Dreamy. From my point of view, engineer is bunkerest. I am a forever warrior and those are annoying to me.

Ele is good too.

Also wait. Seriously. Just wait.When expansion hits everything will be a shitshow followed by constant balance and nerfs for 3 weeks.

I don't want you to get comfortable with a build and then a part of it gets wrecked.

So instead make characters and focus on getting familiar with the UI changes, mechanic changes etc...

Archived