(TYVM!) ArenaNet and Coimbra M [PT] commander for having an awesome time!

This is a s short story about last night and a thank you to ArenaNet and the people I played with! It was amazing!

I play GW2 since release (with a few breaks). Now that there are mounts I love it even more. I have mild form of introvert autism and usually don't dare taking initiative to contact other players. Fortunately this game plays perfectly solo, and I can stil join events, help/revive others, etc. GW2 makes me feel part of the players even though I'm not making contact so easily. It's a super autism-friendly game because of the dynamic events. When I'm having a dark time IRL and tend to crawi under a rock GW2 is the game where I don't feel isolated. Even without joining a guild, it's like a family of individuals helping each other.

Last night I joined defending a village (Noran?) in Lake Doric, kicking the White Mantle's butts out of town. Suddenly Coimbra M [PM] invited me, I thought it was for the event, because there were tons of Mantle guys and Coimbra was there as well. So I joined and during the event Coimbra sent a group message about a world boss-event tour.I thought holy crap where did I get myself into. Group got larger and larger up to 40 people and I got more nervous :)

After 20 minutes the village was saved. First boss was the Shatterer. I wanted to leave group badly but Shatterer was one of the few world bosses of which I know the fight. So I decided to stay. And what a fine decision this was. Coimbra M gave helpfull instructions to the group in chat, and I also learnt some extra tactics for Shatterer.The fight was good, it felt good and made me less nervous for the next boss event (new to me) on the list. Again the group got instructions from Coimbra M, he pointed where we could/should go. It all went fluently and it was simply AWESOME. So many bosses I never encountered, all in one night. I was totally blown away and happy I didn't leave the group.

I know many of the players do the events. They might read this and think pfffft, I do it every day.But for me, playing this game for many years now, suddenly getting invited unexpectedly and get into a wild rollercoaster ride of world boss events.... it was amazing.

So, thank you ArenaNet for this game I already love for many years now (and to come), thank Coimbra M [PT] (Rock Star guild?) for being an excellent commander and thank all the fellow players who made last evening a fantastic unforgettable experience for me!!!

• Grampybone

Archived