Back from Maria cat 5 hurricane

Jhoul.6923

Hi everyone, Just need a quick recommendation!

Should I go directly to the new ep or complete the PoF Story first?

Usually I am on top of everything and follow the game constantly but since the hurricane I did not had internet and electricity until now (yes... it was a cleansing that felt more like an intervention LOL).

Thank you in advance!

mmmmm I'm reading on how to get lots of mastery pnts quickly. I'll see if my guild can back me up this weekend to get them all. I'll rush the story so I can get all the mounts.

I wish I had the time to enjoy the game but whatever I have to play overtime to catch up.

You don't need to rush it. The new episode (like all the story since the start of Season 2) is permanently available. As long as you log in before Episode 2 comes out it's unlocked on your account and available for all your characters forever.

You also won't miss anything by playing it later on. We're already past the initial rush of people through the new zone (not that you'd have gained anything by playing then either) and the mega-server system generally means all maps in this game are pretty well populated, at least at peak times. I've not done the new maps meta-event yet but I'm in no rush to do it because I know it will still be there when I get around to it.

The next Episode isn't likely to come out until January at the earliest, and the next update of any kind will be mid/late December when Wintersday starts.

So you have plenty of time to finish PoF without rushing through it as fast as you can and then do the new Episode after.

Welcome back, @Jhoul.6923 Glad things are 'normal enough' for you after Maria that you can worry about whether to focus on PoF vs LS4.1.

I agree with others:

• Complete PoF story; take your time.
  • Along the way, max your masteries and unlock PoF elite specs for at least a few of the toons you play.
  • Plenty of time to start LS4.1
  • PS Wintersday starts on the 12th. Time to enjoy that, too

Yes, take your time and enjoy it. There won't be another new episode until after the first of the year, probably not until nearly February at the earliest. Just make good use of the LFG tool if you're having trouble finding enough players for the open world parts--there are still plenty of people out there, but they might be on a different copy of the map.

Welcome back, by the way!

By the way, between the story and the map insights, it is really easy to get enough mastery points to max your mount skills, plus have extra for LS4 masteries. So don't freak out about collecting mastery points. Some of them will be out of reach until you have certain mounts, anyway. Start by grabbing the easier ones on all the maps to get to Mastery Level 3 on each of your mounts, then finish them off to 4 later with the ones that were previously hard to get.

Welcome Back. Please enjoy the luxury of having electric power and internet at your home again. (We too often take these things for granted)

I would like the others recommend to play the Path of Fire expansion first. It sets a solid base for things to come (story-wise) and not unimportantly, gives you access to the new mounts and the new mastery system.

Just wanted to add that if you really are short on time, then you don't have to worry about all the masteries. For the LW episode you only need the raptor on lvl 3 (as far as i know; pls don't quote me on that for i use the griffon and maybe don't see obstacles the same way as people without it). Anyone here who can back it up or am i missing something?

Then again i can only agree to what everyone else already wrote: take your time, there's no need to rush. Enjoy your time in Elona and, most importantly, have fun! ;)

It actually depends on if you are interested in the story and/or interested in getting all the mounts. 4 mounts are gained relative easy. The fifth is not and requires the PoF story to finish.I think it is highly recommended to get the first 4 mounts quickly. After that it is all up to you. Do you mind being spoiled about PoF, do not play living world. Do you want to participate in the new farmfest in the living world, please do.

Ow, and if you dislike spoilers, do not look up where the new map is.

Archived