Charter-Spectrum Internet Outage (might affect your connections)

Charter Spectrum is facing an internet outage that spans five states, including South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia. Charter says it could be migrating to other states as well.They say a fiber line has been cut.We are currently working on a Fiber cut affecting South Carolina customers. We are also aware of an issue effecting Internet & phone services in North Carolina. Technicians are working to resolve both issues. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

This could also affect non-Charter customers, since nearby traffic will be rerouted etc.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Yes, there's several posts about connectivity issues from Charter customers over in Support.

Yeah, this post was more for those who aren't direct customers. Charter will sell bandwidth to other carriers and rerouted traffic could affect anyone whose signal bounces through Charter normally.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Never heard of Charter Spectrum. But connectivity to ArenaNet is fine at my location: ZeelandNet ISP, Zeeland, The Netherlands.Ping: around 40

It use to be called Time Warner Cable, but Charter Communications bought Time Warner last year and changed the name to Spectrum. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Warner_Cable

My family has had TW for many years, and still have their service since it switched over to Spectrum. So far not really any issues here in southern California. Although at 1 point yesterday the game was acting kinda weird*, and at one point I was disconnected to the character select screen with a "network error" code. A little later at least 1 other guild member mentioned having connection issues to the game.

*weird as in: my character would suddenly slide across the screen while fighting something then suddenly snapped back to the right place, all while the animations of my character were going. As well as the camera acting in a similar, but not as bad way while mounting and dismounting.

After I was disconnected the 1 time the game seemed fine afterwards.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Charter Spectrum is facing an internet outage that spans five states, including South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia. Charter says it could be migrating to other states as well.They say a fiber line has been cut.We are currently working on a Fiber cut affecting South Carolina customers. We are also aware of an issue effecting Internet & phone services in North Carolina. Technicians are working to resolve both issues. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

This could also affect non-Charter customers, since nearby traffic will be rerouted etc.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2017/12/06/zimbabwe_s_internet_outage_was_reportedly_due_to_a_tractor_that_cut_the.html

Zimbabweans lost internet access en masse on Tuesday when a tractor reportedly cut through key fiber-optic cables in South Africa and another internet provider experienced simultaneous issues with its primary internet conduits.

Weird coincidence.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Charter Spectrum ... [said] a fiber line has been cut.@"Charrbeque.8729" wrote
Zimbabweans lost internet access ... when a tractor reportedly cut through key fiber-optic cables in South Africa

Weird coincidence.

Plot twist: it was the same tractor in South Africa as in South Carolina, yet there is no record of any tractors being flown from the US to Africa.

Archived