Soulbeast Roaming Video [Zpooky]

bigo.9037

I made a quick video showcasing a few fights the last couple of days.I'm not running any cheese Signet of stone.. no healing based pets.My build can be a little tricky and it doesn't forgive a lot of mistakes but if you can handle yourself i think it is the best option available.Also my intro's aren't 1 minute long.

Video:

Build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTnUqA1CiN8CmsActglJBrJA0AmA592fbx9JIcB+YnMNreD-jlyHQBMRJ4a0F0O1KCx+Df7QAgIVV+4DAQJKPAwVAoHKxCAcAw2BApAqSoF-w

@Justine.6351 said:Slick play ;-)I do appreciate what it is to play glass cannon with no SoS.Ty for no "I'm awesome, look at me RP walk" type intro.

yea i find SoS gameplay incredibly boring. imo its kinda like admitting you cant win without a "reset" button.

@Colly.4073 said:Almost every class has one of those "reset buttons" and i stopped watching when you danced over the guys corpse.

I am agree with you "i stopped watching when you danced over the guys corpse." Was rude and unreasonable. I understand to do that if enemy did this to you before and you just return his favor. But if you are a good/skilled player you will not dance on someone who you just beat.

@bigo.9037 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Slick play ;-)I do appreciate what it is to play glass cannon with no SoS.Ty for no "I'm awesome, look at me RP walk" type intro.

yea i find SoS gameplay incredibly boring. imo its kinda like admitting you cant win without a "reset" button.

Or it's like playing the best possible build with the best options available to yourself in order to be competitive, and not place arbitrary limitations on what gameplay should constitute and then try to use that subjective honor code to enforce some type of invisible rule set that you then use to discredit the performance of other players, such as by trying to say "you only won because of cheese/x/etc."

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Colly.4073 said:Almost every class has one of those "reset buttons" and i stopped watching when you danced over the guys corpse.

I am agree with you "i stopped watching when you danced over the guys corpse." Was rude and unreasonable. I understand to do that if enemy did this to you before and you just return his favor. But if you are a good/skilled player you will not dance on someone who you just beat.

yea i dont think i shouldve let that in the vid. but if youd allow me to explain.. xDthe guy had been chasing me across the whole map for like 3-4 minutes with a few other people. i turned around and killed him because he was the only one left who was eager enough to chase me that far.

@bigo.9037 said:

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

yea i dont think i shouldve let that in the vid. but if youd allow me to explain.. xDthe guy had been chasing me across the whole map for like 3-4 minutes with a few other people. i turned around and killed him because he was the only one left who was eager enough to chase me that far.

Ok, now it's acceptable, from my POV :) .

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

Or it's like playing the best possible build with the best options available to yourself in order to be competitive, and not place arbitrary limitations on what gameplay should constitute and then try to use that subjective honor code to enforce some type of invisible rule set that you then use to discredit the performance of other players, such as by trying to say "you only won because of cheese/x/etc."

just because its "in the game" doesnt mean that is a good thing.furthermore, SoS is actually just a bad utility choice unless. if youre using a build thats sort of squishy, youre not gonna get much use out of it. and if you already have good sustain ( toughness, healing etc ) its not even all that useful. unless the SOLE purpose of your build is to "stay alive" and nothing more.dont get me wrong it can definitely be super useful in certain situations. for example, say youre fighting a couple of newbies. they are all auto attacking you so they will always deal more dmg to you, than you can to them. you pop signet of stone for a few seconds of invulnerability where you can keep dealing good dmg to them and hopefully you can win the fight that way.if thats what you want.. sure. go ahead and use it.

but if you want to fight vs skilled players in 1v1, its not gonna have much of a use.the cooldown is too long unless you use marksmanship.. but that traitline is hardly useable in pvp or wvw as of now.you get 6 seconds of physical invulnerability.. then what? you wait 74 seconds ( where you dont even have the added toughness bonus ) just for another 6 seconds of invulnerability?see this is the thing. if youre using this signet as a way of bridging the slight gap you have in sustainability throughout your rotation.. youre most likely already using a build that has good sustain.

AND.. if youre NOT using a build with sustain.. SoS will be even less useful. once it goes on cooldown youre gonna have a much harder time surviving until its ready again..youd be better off with something that can help you kite people with a lower cooldown.. such as QZ. soulbeast in particular benefits a lot from having quickness too. the stuns and interrupts will be much harder to dodge..you could also go with lightning reflexes. i mean.. basically anything would be more useful that SoS if youre not using a heavy sustain build.

Do i have a problem with sustain builds? yes. why?because, just like druids.. they really cant do anything except being annoying and ""not dying""."winning" a fight because youre exploiting mechanics and certain builds that cant live forever.. isn't winning in my book.COUNTLESS TIMES.. have i fought druids.. even soulbeasts that run with heavy sustained builds. They make A THOUSAND mistakes.. yet they still live.they keep playing defensively forever until YOU get bored.. then you try to run away cus you dont wanna fight anymore.. they follow you.. try to kill you.. however their dmg is too low.

and the worst part is, if you tell them you cant win because of their endless sustain.. they blame YOU for "not being good enough" or simply "lacking" dmg.ITS THE SAME THING WITH WARRIORS FFS.

why are warriors so OP? because they have INSANE PASSIVE SUSTAIN that keeps them alive forever even tho they make 10 times more mistakes than you do.

EDIT:im gonna have to make another video or a forum post about this exact subject. it isn't being talked about enough.

@bigo.9037 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

just because its "in the game" doesnt mean that is a good thing.furthermore, SoS is actually just a bad utility choice unless. if youre using a build thats sort of squishy, youre not gonna get much use out of it. and if you already have good sustain ( toughness, healing etc ) its not even all that useful. unless the SOLE purpose of your build is to "stay alive" and nothing more.dont get me wrong it can definitely be super useful in certain situations. for example, say youre fighting a couple of newbies. they are all auto attacking you so they will always deal more dmg to you, than you can to them. you pop signet of stone for a few seconds of invulnerability where you can keep dealing good dmg to them and hopefully you can win the fight that way.if thats what you want.. sure. go ahead and use it.

but if you want to fight vs skilled players in 1v1, its not gonna have much of a use.the cooldown is too long unless you use marksmanship.. but that traitline is hardly useable in pvp or wvw as of now.you get 6 seconds of physical invulnerability.. then what? you wait 74 seconds ( where you dont even have the added toughness bonus ) just for another 6 seconds of invulnerability?see this is the thing. if youre using this signet as a way of bridging the slight gap you have in sustainability throughout your rotation.. youre most likely already using a build that has good sustain.

AND.. if youre NOT using a build with sustain.. SoS will be even less useful. once it goes on cooldown youre gonna have a much harder time surviving until its ready again..youd be better off with something that can help you kite people with a lower cooldown.. such as QZ. soulbeast in particular benefits a lot from having quickness too. the stuns and interrupts will be much harder to dodge..you could also go with lightning reflexes. i mean.. basically anything would be more useful that SoS if youre not using a heavy sustain build.

Do i have a problem with sustain builds? yes. why?because, just like druids.. they really cant do anything except being annoying and ""not dying""."winning" a fight because youre exploiting mechanics and certain builds that cant live forever.. isn't winning in my book.COUNTLESS TIMES.. have i fought druids.. even soulbeasts that run with heavy sustained builds. They make A THOUSAND mistakes.. yet they still live.they keep playing defensively forever until YOU get bored.. then you try to run away cus you dont wanna fight anymore.. they follow you.. try to kill you.. however their dmg is too low.

and the worst part is, if you tell them you cant win because of their endless sustain.. they blame YOU for "not being good enough" or simply "lacking" dmg.ITS THE SAME THING WITH WARRIORS kitten.

why are warriors so OP? because they have INSANE PASSIVE SUSTAIN that keeps them alive forever even tho they make 10 times more mistakes than you do.

EDIT:im gonna have to make another video or a forum post about this exact subject. it isn't being talked about enough.

See, this explanation is acceptable.

I only called out your comment because of how you initially framed it, because there's nothing wrong with winning, regardless of how the win is achieved.

Hopefully that makes sense. "You can't win without a reset button" is very different than saying "this is what I think better utilities would be" after all :)

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

and the worst part is, if you tell them you cant win because of their endless sustain.. they blame YOU for "not being good enough" or simply "lacking" dmg.ITS THE SAME THING WITH WARRIORS kitten.

See, this explanation is acceptable.

I only called out your comment because of how you initially framed it, because there's nothing wrong with winning, regardless of how the win is achieved.

Hopefully that makes sense. "You can't win without a reset button" is very different than saying "this is what I think better utilities would be" after all :)

Edit: sigh this was supposed to be an edited add on. Oh well. Too bad I can't delete posts ANet mods. The old forums were better -.-

I'd also like to say we're in agreement that the definition of winning a fight isn't "not dying." If you're fighting other Rangers/Druids that honestly think that and then have the audacity to think it's brag or taunt worthy, then you should just immediately be satisfied with knowing you're the better player in that situation.

@Justine.6351 said:That's my take on sos. Once used it's a dead slot for 80 second recharge. Pretty bad for a utility slot and falls into the bin of one-trick. Personally I don't like any utility over 45sec no matter what it does.

Yea.. not too useful. Besides if you're a roamer it's literally giving you ZERO benefits against condi. You could've picked another stunbreaker or really anything and it would still be more useful vs condi.

NIce video, and for the SOS, mostly i run it in pvp for the +1. But usually the times i need it, is when i get cc without a stunbreaker eating the damage, so putting a stunbreaker in that slot seems pretty viable. Its a less "cheesy" thing then "rugged growth" tho, but u get that for free with the condi cleanses u need from that line.But thanks for vid i enjoyed watching it

Archived