[Question][Suggestion] About Legendary Weapons & And Their Marks

So earlier I saw someone showing off that Ipos Focus which looks like the only Legendary I'm interested in ever as I don't find the others in looks appeal to me.Then someone asked "What's the footprints?" and shown a trail of mood slime wherever they passed.

I asked if there was a way to turn off the footprints and they said "By equipping a main hand legendary." I would assume though that... main hand legendaries also have footprints?

Is there a way to completely turn off footprints and just have the legendary without it?If not, can I suggest having an option (maybe a checkbox near the weapon like for when you want headgear hidden or gloves/shoulders/etc) to just turn those off?

If not, it's perfectly fine. Just would make me lose interest in that legendary as well and any in the future personally. Just wondering.

The footfalls are there to stay, I think. That's why you have to be sure you like the whole aesthetics of a legendary, not just the item itself!

As for me, I think every legendary Weapon except the Dreamer (and maybe Chukka) would be a regret buy. There are better skins in the game, and for the most part, skins are what you're buying them for.

There is no way to turn off footfall effects on legendaries, or to change other aspects of their appearance and effects. Each one is a complete package - you get the skin, the visual effects, the sound effects etc. all together or you don't have any of them.

Since they're so expensive (and time consuming) to make I definitely recommend making sure you like everything about how they look before making one. And I mean like it, not that you don't mind it or you think you could live with it. If you're going to get bored or frustrated with it after a few days/weeks/months and swap it for something else you're probably better off sticking with non-legendary skins.

And actually if you like a lot of the other skins for that weapon you might not want to make a legendary, because it might feel like a waste to use them. I remember there being lots of shortbow skins I liked for my ranger but I literally haven't look at them in years because I got The Dreamer.

@Westenev.5289 said:The footfalls are there to stay, I think. That's why you have to be sure you like the whole aesthetics of a legendary, not just the item itself!

As for me, I think every legendary Weapon except the Dreamer (and maybe Chukka) would be a regret buy. There are better skins in the game, and for the most part, skins are what you're buying them for.

Yeah, I wanted the book because it look like a Necronomicon and thought it looked super cute.If there's really no way to turn off the footsteps, and if that's the case on all legendaries, I guess they're not for me.

For something that cost thousands of gold to get done and the ton of materials, I thought there was at least some customizing to them outside of stats.I didn't even mean dying, just a way to show what you want or not.

Is Dreamer that Saints Row 3-like unicorn one with the annoying repeat horse noise...?

Archived