Power Warrior still dead?

Blackwaltz.7156

I am playing dark souls 3 these days and was considering trying the expac but I dont like wvw or pvp and I used to main power warrior in vanilla and hot gw2, during hot warrior turned into condition only class for pve, was wandering if that's the case. If it it's power's still dead.Power phalanx still used? which elite? zerker spellbreaker or core phalanx?

Phalanx also got nerfed and Rangers got run the gamit of Might-stacking now.

Warriors are bannerbitches now.

Which honestly has it's positives and negatives.

As for Spellbreaker the main issue is that it is based around fighting foes using Boons (i.e buffs) which are very common when fighting enemy players, but only a select few enemies and encounters in PvE uses Boons to such a degree that Spellbreaker is better than Berserker.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Phalanx also got nerfed and Rangers got run the gamit of Might-stacking now.

Which honestly has it's positives and negatives.

As for Spellbreaker the main issue is that it is based around fighting foes using Boons (i.e buffs) which are very common when fighting enemy players, but only a select few enemies and encounters in PvE uses Boons to such a degree that Spellbreaker is better than Berserker.

You mean ranger became pocket might boon bitches and support while warrior didn't change much at all except having competition in might stacking.

Was warrior only ever brought for the might stacking and banner? They have consistent dmg uptime no?

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Phalanx also got nerfed and Rangers got run the gamit of Might-stacking now.

Which honestly has it's positives
and
negatives.

You mean ranger became pocket might boon kitten and support while warrior didn't change much at all except having competition in might stacking.

Was warrior only ever brought for the might stacking and banner? They have consistent dmg uptime no?

Condi war has great damages but they were brought for their buffs, because there are other classes that deals more dps, condi war shouldnt be top dps if the dps spots are playing well

@ZhouX.8742 said:

Which honestly has it's positives
and
negatives.

You mean ranger became pocket might boon kitten and support while warrior didn't change much at all except having competition in might stacking.

Warriors cannot really compete with Druids on an even playingfield anymore. PS is entirely out of the window.

As I said, we're Bannerbitches now.

@ADTempys.6382 said:

@CadeRG.4508 said:Condition is still better, but power did get some nice buffs recently.

Axe buffs across the board and a new % damage modifier trait.

Those buffs were ok at best, power war would need so much more as it has become a terrible build

Power is still there. Maybe it depends on game mode. Condi war is not as strong in WvW.

@kimwriter.5193 said:

@CadeRG.4508 said:Condition is still better, but power did get some nice buffs recently.

Axe buffs across the board and a new % damage modifier trait.

Those buffs were ok at best, power war would need so much more as it has become a terrible build

Power is still there. Maybe it depends on game mode. Condi war is not as strong in WvW.

This is a PvE topic, we arent talking about PvP or WvW

@Eleazar.9478 said:The expac is pretty great and spell breaker is more of a PVP/wvw spec so no it's not, but fanstastic for wvw you feel like your playing dsro souls as it's all about paitance and waiting for the interrupts. Phalanx warriors are still used.

Not that often anymore with the recent druid change and how many classes can generate might. Honestly power warriors are still dead in PvE, it's still condi or nothing. The good news is condi is pretty solid right now.

Per Raiding:

It honestly seems like Power Banner Slave might be a real thing for a lot of groups now just to be a Vulnerability bot (in addition to banners/breaks)... Pretty much all the pure dps classes won't be able to even come close to keeping up 25 stacks now (Probably just DH's).

@ADTempys.6382 said:

@Grok Krog.9581 said:They nerfed power Warrior even more with the stick and move change. Now instead of a multiplicative 10% damage buff you get 250 power at most which is alot less

Ofc every 2 patch Anet looks at power war and decided to randomly nerf something, but dont you worry next patch we'll get +3% on hammer #4

They totally ruined it. It's just worthless now. Spellbreaker or another class if you're going PvP/WvW from now on I guess. Thanks ArenaNet.

Archived