Any way to change voice of my female Norn? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Any way to change voice of my female Norn?

She sounds like a constipated old man, that grunting voice just annoys me. Any way we can alter her voice? If I make her shorter maybe?

Comments

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 6

@Lemondrop.5216 said:
    She sounds like a constipated old man, that grunting voice just annoys me. Any way we can alter her voice? If I make her shorter maybe?

lol

• akenoyuki.8210akenoyuki.8210 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 6

@Lemondrop.5216 said:

omg xD, unfortunately not
    But... voice-pack sale maybe in the future?... nah... that's impossible

Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App
    Event Timer (World Boss | Heart of Thorn | Path of Fire)
    In-Game Tools (Daily Achievement | WvW | Currency | Pact Supply | Gem Store)
    Account Tools (Character | Inventory | Equipment | Trading Post | Bank | Materials | etc)

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭

The voice that needs changing is female sylvari. It's identical to the evil witch krall voice, so whenever I'm playing I'm constantly distracted by it.

• Lemondrop.5216Lemondrop.5216 Member ✭✭

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    It's fine. You're not supposed to be as feminine as humans. You can literally turn into a bear.

She's pretty, and looks sexy and very feminine, but that voice, Aggg!

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭

they all need options, i have mostly human characters but hate to do the PS on different characters because they all sound the same.

• ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭

@Lemondrop.5216 said:

It's fine. You're not supposed to be as feminine as humans. You can literally turn into a bear.

Well you can turn off player chatter and try to tolerate it during story. My sylvari looks pretty menacing and doesn't suit his well spoken British accent either (tbh I'd much prefer Canach as my VA).

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭

@Lemondrop.5216 said:

Hold the line!
    Might makes it Right!
    Death By SnuSnu!

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭

@Lemondrop.5216 said:
    Any way we can alter her voice?

Ivanova hate?

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Lemondrop.5216Lemondrop.5216 Member ✭✭
    edited December 6

She sounds like she's having difficulty on the toilet. Just the grunting sound effects are cringy.

• MokahTGS.7850MokahTGS.7850 Member ✭✭

The only thing that I thought of that might be possible with some future tool would be some sort of sound post processing similar to how the reshade post processing works. Not even sure it's possible, but you could change the pitch and tone of the voice to sound slightly different.

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭

Make a human and pretend it's a Norn child.
    Norn Children in this game got human faces.

• Nikal.4921Nikal.4921 Member ✭✭✭

@sorudo.9054 said:
    they all need options, i have mostly human characters but hate to do the PS on different characters because they all sound the same.

Last MMO I played had options for voice- you could choose from numerous sets that included the sound of their voice when they talk, how they laugh, their battle noises, etc. Someone did youtube videos of all the options for all races that made it easier to choose. Would be great to have this additional customization available in GW2.

It does feel odd to me that all my characters of same race/gender sound exactly the same as each other, and some things (their laugh, for example) don't fit them at all.

• New land. New LAND!

Sigh.

I stopped playing my Norn character (one of my first) because the voice was so annoying. Surprisingly, some people love the VA and love her interpretation of the Norn player character in this game.

“Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.” — Ambrose Bierce.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 6

@Justine.6351 said:
    I like the female norn voice. Sounds like a woman and not a little girl.

I like the female Norn voice... when she talks. But there's an awkward moan when she takes damage or whatever... it sounds like a guy just had an 0rgasm.

• I am hurt by this post. I always loved the voice. After two years of playing my norm I found out it is voiced by Claudia Christian who played commander Susan Ivanova in my favourite sci fi show ever (Babylon 5). I personally love her and her voice as I grew up with it. I also find it very fitting for a norn female,

But with that of my chest. No you can’t and I don’t think they change it. By popular demand we want voiced dialogue in all content. They allready have to get 40 voiceactors to speak each player line (5 races times two sexes times 4 languages is 524=40). Adding more options would elevate this difficulty in development.

So you can either play a different sex, a different race or a different language to get s different voice.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:
    I am hurt by this post. I always loved the voice. After two years of playing my norm I found out it is voiced by Claudia Christian who played commander Susan Ivanova in my favourite sci fi show ever (Babylon 5). I personally love her and her voice as I grew up with it. I also find it very fitting for a norn female,

But with that of my chest. No you can’t and I don’t think they change it. By popular demand we want voiced dialogue in all content. They allready have to get 40 voiceactors to speak each player line (5 races times two sexes times 4 languages is 524=40). Adding more options would elevate this difficulty in development.

So you can either play a different sex, a different race or a different language to get s different voice.

Not a good option on "I like how this look, but I hate how it sound so let me play on something I hate the look of (probably) but like the sound of".

• Conncept.7638Conncept.7638 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

Audio is client-side, so you could swap out the game files, even for blank audio files if you'd rather hear nothing. Might get in trouble though, ANet doesn't like people messing with the game files even if it's harmless.

Can you? Because last I checked that aspect of the Norn race was essentially removed from both the story and gameplay because of the spaghetti coded implemention of the transformation system.

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

I was always disappointed that one of the defining ability of Norn lorewise, the ability to transform, has never properly been reflected in gameplay (because the skills are beyond bad) or even the story . I really hope they are given a overhaul, but not likely to happen.

As for the voice I like that it is different and quite distinct from humans and the other races. Could be better, could be worse.

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭

I think on April Fools Day they should get Gilbert Godfrey to record all the Player Character voices, that would make you beg to go back to the constipated old man.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:
    I think on April Fools Day they should get Gilbert Godfrey to record all the Player Character voices, that would make you beg to go back to the constipated old man.

Actually...
    I want to hear him run faster than a Centaur. I think I would like to hear that.
    or "Grenth! I call upon your power!"
    or "Click Click Boom..."

• Jin.8501Jin.8501 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7

Except human female sounds like a 50y old while they look like teenagers. Very frustrating and hard to feel immersed to the story.
    For me this is Fallout 4 style mistake. At least there you can mod it off

@Jin.8501 said:

Except human female sounds like a 50y old while they look like teenagers. Very frustrating and hard to feel immersed to the story.
    For me this is Fallout 4 style mistake. At least there you can mod it off

I don't think my character looks like a teenager.
    She looks like she's in her 20s.

Also don't find the voice sounding like she's 50 either. Maybe in the 30s yeah.

• @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

I am hurt by this post. I always loved the voice. After two years of playing my norm I found out it is voiced by Claudia Christian who played commander Susan Ivanova in my favourite sci fi show ever (Babylon 5). I personally love her and her voice as I grew up with it. I also find it very fitting for a norn female,

Not a good option on "I like how this look, but I hate how it sound so let me play on something I hate the look of (probably) but like the sound of".

You are missing my point. There are allready 40 voices in the game due to localisation. This allready limits development type. Adding 2 extra options per race/sexes (just for enghlish) would mean adding another 20 voices to the list. This means a lot of work and efford and development time they could have invested in making new content. I just find it very self centric to ask for such an investment.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭

'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova.
    I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.'

Thats your constipated Norn.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

You are missing my point. There are allready 40 voices in the game due to localisation. This allready limits development type. Adding 2 extra options per race/sexes (just for enghlish) would mean adding another 20 voices to the list. This means a lot of work and efford and development time they could have invested in making new content. I just find it very self centric to ask for such an investment.

Um... can we get those voices as choices? I kinda would like to get some of those voices as choices. Don't care if it's not in English.

• Yereton.8647Yereton.8647 Member ✭✭

If we are talking about voices not making sense, the female voices of NPCs tend to be silly. I mean, if you talk to a female Hylek, certain female charr, and female ogres (just of the top of my head) they all sound like a 20 year old human woman. I would expect deeper, raspier and/or growl-ier voices. Sometimes the voice does not fit the model.

@Yereton.8647 said:
    If we are talking about voices not making sense, the female voices of NPCs tend to be silly. I mean, if you talk to a female Hylek, certain female charr, and female ogres (just of the top of my head) they all sound like a 20 year old human woman. I would expect deeper, raspier and/or growl-ier voices. Sometimes the voice does not fit the model.

The more confusing is when the female hylek/nuhoch talk, it would sound "angelic" and feminine.
    The moment it's time to fight, they sound 100% like the males.
    Wait what? What the hell happened to your voice? Frog in your thr...oh...

Charrs I kind of understand a bit though. I mean yeah, they're big cats, but I can see them having the high pitch cat vocals for certain charrs.
    Ogres I say can go either way. I've seen some that look like they should have a subtle voice (the ones that look like Piccolo from Dragonball around Ascalon) and then those that look like they should sound like Satan himself (the ones in Elona).

And if we're going there, the female Kraits sounds like an angry 40+ year old woman that's gargling while they're saying their lines.

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    (the ones that look like Piccolo from Dragonball around Ascalon)

Well great. Can't unsee that now.

• Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

If anything can we get more character body models i'd like my norn lady to look like she can bench press charr tanks

@Rezzet.3614 said:
    If anything can we get more character body models i'd like my norn lady to look like she can bench press charr tanks

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/273146/#Comment_273146
    Already exist.

• Edelweiss.4261Edelweiss.4261 Member ✭✭

I don't really like any of the voices. Turning voice chatter off is great, but it'd be great if we could mute the character during story too.

• Zohane.7208Zohane.7208 Member ✭✭

It's funny how opinions differ; I find that Claudia Christian's voice acting is almost perfect for a female norn. They are, after all, big, burly, and proud and I think she gets that across really well.
    That said, I wouldn't mind an option to silence the PC for those that don't like it, though I don't Think Anet should spend a lot of effort on it.

• Bolbo Baggins.8594Bolbo Baggins.8594 Member
    edited December 7

I like it. More then enough squeaky high pitched girl voices. Its a Though Northern Giant woman, not an asura ;-) Next to that im an oldschool science fiction fan, so i like my dose of Susan Ivanova (Claudia Cristian, Babylon 5).

• Apparently i've phrased something in a manner that was wrongthink.
    Keep the warnings coming, the more you get under my skin the less € I throw your way. Customer loyalty can be earned and can be lost, there's one step from love to hate so don't be so high headed, i'm not the first customer you lose or the last, i'm not going to be agreeable and loyal if I am told what to say, grow up.

Let me re-phrase:

My Norn, sounds exactly like everyone else has stated up in the comments, time for a voice pack, give us choice and we'll give you money.

**# It is the customer who pays the wages -Henry Ford. **

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.