DPS and Healer builds should be balanced seperately for raids

Umut.5471

Hello,I think DPS outputs for full berserker, condi and condi-dps(hybrid) builds should be balanced.There are 3-4 fixed builds for raids and elitists don't wanna take any other build to raids. Condition damage is meta at the moment and some buildsare limited to power/physical damage. So "ferocity" should have more effect in raids to balance DPS output to bosses with conditions.Scaling of ferocity should be improved for raiding aspect to allow use of berserker sets again.

And when we look at healing, people generally use Druids-only. Sometimes Elementalists. Engineers have very good healing tools, but they aren't seen as effective.Non-elite spec classes fully disappeared from the game... Healing outputs and abilities should be improved for sub-par classes as well.

Raiding became an essential part of Gw2 after Raid-locked legendaries. So allowing some class/build diversity would make the majority of the community happier.Personally, if I'm very skilled with a build/class and I use any full DPS set, I expect to be welcomed for raids."Use Viper/Full condi or leave", "Play warrior or leave" isn't a welcoming aspect.If someone has skills and muscle memory with another class, they shouldn't be forced to play a class they don't know or like.This can only be possible by balancing DPS and Healing outputs between classes.

I'm not saying every class should be a healer for example, I'm saying if a class/elite spec is made to deal damage, power or condi they should havebalanced damage outputs to be preferred in raids.Or for example, some classes have healing specific sub-trees, they should have healing power on par with Druids or Eles.

@Umut.5471 said:Hello,I think DPS outputs for full berserker, condi and condi-dps(hybrid) builds should be balanced.There are 3-4 fixed builds for raids and elitists don't wanna take any other build to raids. Condition damage is meta at the moment and some buildsare limited to power/physical damage. So "ferocity" should have more effect in raids to balance DPS output to bosses with conditions.Scaling of ferocity should be improved for raiding aspect to allow use of berserker sets again.

And when we look at healing, people generally use Druids-only. Sometimes Elementalists. Engineers have very good healing tools, but they aren't seen as effective.Non-elite spec classes fully disappeared from the game... Healing outputs and abilities should be improved for sub-par classes as well.

Raiding became an essential part of Gw2 after Raid-locked legendaries. So allowing some class/build diversity would make the majority of the community happier.Personally, if I'm very skilled with a build/class and I use any full DPS set, I expect to be welcomed for raids."Use Viper/Full condi or leave", "Play warrior or leave" isn't a welcoming aspect.If someone has skills and muscle memory with another class, they shouldn't be forced to play a class they don't know or like.This can only be possible by balancing DPS and Healing outputs between classes.

I'm not saying every class should be a healer for example, I'm saying if a class/elite spec is made to deal damage, power or condi they should havebalanced damage outputs to be preferred in raids.Or for example, some classes have healing specific sub-trees, they should have healing power on par with Druids or Eles.

The balance team, I reckon, does not balance specifically for Raids, let alone that "Raiding became an essential part of Gw2 after Raid-locked legendaries." is supposedly not true at all (supposedly because, we have no recent statement from anyone at Anet about how they see Raids). I doubt they will ever pickup anything to balance specifically thinking of Raid encounters (take, for example, Scourge being considered "strong support" for the balance team, when it offers little to nothing inside a Raid environment).

There we go again.Always interesting to see how people can dislike the supposed masses of elitists in the raiding community with every breath they take and still propose changes which would allow them to play with these people rather than taking any steps themselves to join a static or casual guild with ideas similar to their own. Something that would make the raids fun and not just a way to acquire legendaries that you force on yourself. Makes me wonder whether any of the OPs actually have any experience with raids other than a few pugs with commanders who acted like the worst stereotype of an elitist while being rather clueless in actuality.

That being said, there are imbalances they still need to look at even if the classes are more balanced than ever before. We can talk about personal damage, offensive boons and defensive support. We can talk about how certain classes shine in certain scenerios and how a few still remain as musthaves. We could even bring up the point that a true balance is not needed and some of us like the way things are since we will always run what is needed.However, it is rather hard to take anyone seriously who bases their proposal around nothing more the idea that the game design should be altered in such a way where they'd not have to adjust in the slightest to be accepted by even the worst of elitists. Something that will never happen no matter what is done.

@Umut.5471 said:I think DPS outputs for full berserker, condi and condi-dps(hybrid) builds should be balanced.

You're oversimplifying the issue. There's a lot more factors affecting the performance than whether you run berserker, viper or grieving. From the perspective of an ele main, Weaver is really, really strong power dps. It is unmatched on certain fights, most notably on KC. And it falls short on others. Not because of the choice of stats, but because of the specifics of the fight - smaller hitboxes, moving targets, etc.

These differences, and the resulting variance in performance levels, aren't something bad. Quite the opposite, really, they promote actual build diversity. The differences are neither so big as to make it impossible to beat the encounter with sub-optimal builds, nor small enough as to make it irrelevant if you're picking a build suited for a fight or not. Picking a Weaver on KC instead of other dps makes a difference. Picking a Necro to epi stuff on various fights makes a difference. Picking a Mirage on Matthias makes a difference. And so on. Balance is in a kind of good spot at the moment. Sure, there's always room for improvement, but homogenizing the damage output isn't a way to do it.

@Umut.5471 said:

Druids are actually more towards the lower end of healing output. The damage is not that high that you need the raw healing power. That's why you take the healers with the most utility and druid wins here by a large margin. Revenant and Elementalist come both second and Engineer just doesn't offer anything that other classes couldn't do while providing other utility as well.

Archived