New wvw weapon set

Edu.6984

Devs made a post about spvp rewards and looks like we are also getting a new weapon set for wvw.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:For rewards, we have a couple things in the pipeline. Please keep in mind, the list below doesn’t include everything we have planned. It’s just what is far enough along that we feel safe talking about.

Obsidian Weapon setThis is a new competitive weapon set (shared with WvW). The first four weapons of the set will be available on 12/12. The weapons change effects and some detailing based on what team you’re on. (Red, Blue, Green) The set has 2 tiers. The first tier is exotic, tier 2 is ascended. Tier 2 will require grandmaster marks, the same as other ascended rewards.

Taken from the PVP rewards thread

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Obsidian Weapon setThis is a new competitive weapon set (shared with WvW). The first four weapons of the set will be available on 12/12. The weapons change effects and some detailing based on what team you’re on. (Red, Blue, Green) The set has 2 tiers. The first tier is exotic, tier 2 is ascended. Tier 2 will require grandmaster marks, the same as other ascended rewards.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Yeah, this is EXACTLY what needs to be added. Ignore the trash balance, the bugs, the issues and everything else that is wrong with WvW. This will TOTALLY fix it.... :/

a new weapon set that already was designed/detailed for spvp !== "fixing" balance, population, and server issues

One of those is a comparatively small amount of work with a solid end goal, no internal debate, and no visible downside. The latter, if rumors are to be believed, is either done by teams outside of the WvW groups (server/balance) or has been worked on/debated for years with months of work being scrapped in favor of an easier-to-implement solutions (links and the reward system).

If I'm president of the United States and I announce that I'm releasing a new highway plan, only a simpleton would say "How dare you fix our roads while we haven't come to a peace agreement between Israel and Palestine?!"

Not saying that I don't think major changes need to be made - And, more importantly, communicated via official channels that they're in some type of development - But this type of complaining only makes the devs less inclined to listen to feedback.

@X T D.6458 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Will the weapons require skirmish tickets?

My guess is yes. It sounds like they are adding different skins, but everything else will likely be the same.

I hope they can at least be less stingy with the skirmish tickets then. New weapon sets are just a sink for the tickets but skirmish tickets are timegated anyway and don't need a sink. Fractals got a relic drop buff along with the new relic sink. If they leave skirmish tickets like they are people will never get anything out of WvW lol.

I hope they can finally give us more tickets per week if they intend to introduce new sinks.

Depending on the effort involved (and how they look, I usually transmute anyway,) I may pick some up.I don't have the patience for doing map completion (for legendaries) more than twice, so neat looking ascended wvw weapons that hopefully only require wvw currencies & playtime to build would be a better alternative to the mostly exotic weapon sets I have now.

~ Kovu

edit - though with that said, it'd be neat to have the option to upgrade them to legendary in a similar fashion to how we are able to upgrade the armor. Just throw on obscene wvw currency costs similar to the amount of time it would take to do pve map completion, (which is, frankly, the biggest timegate). The only people who would ever go for them are the people who invest that time into wvw, anyway.

Team-based effects are something I've wanted for a long time; hopefully this will extend to armor at some point.

Actually, what I'd really like to see are dyes that change color based on your team so I don't have to keep changing the dyes on my characters every week.

Have "Pastel Guardian" change from Pastel Rose, Pastel Blue, and Pastel Mint based on the current team. Have similar dyes such as "Midnight Guardian", "Vibrant Guardian", "Tarnished Guardian", "Neon Guardian", "Celestial Guardian", "Shadow Guardian", etc.

Archived