Scourge is really depressing!

verskore.4312

Ok so this is my first ever personal post on this forum and I really hoped it didn't have to get this far but i just can't stand it anymore...Most of my time spent in gw2 is pvp but this season is just so depressing. I just can not understand why Anet has not done anything yet about scourge which is imo way too strong (.

Why is scourge too strong you ask? Well im sure most of you have read alot of the other posts about scourge but still I just have to get it out of my system and I feel Anet just remains clueless or intentionally blind...

By itself scourge isn't too much of a problem if focused and spiked down fast, the real problem however is when there are 2. You focus 1 down but still get rekt by the other one.If you have a good team who targets its targets effectively 2 scourges can still be handled but it gets really nasty when you add a bunker FB to their team (which is VERY often the case). Spiking them down isn't as simple anymore, let alone 2 of them.

Another reason why they are so incredibly strong is because of the gamemode, conquest is perfect for scourge! If you see a scourge coming your way to 1v1 you are pretty much forced to get off point to fight the scourge, the scourge gets on point and gets the decap or even the cap if you can't kill him fast enough and that is if you kill him at all (guess that's where skill comes in). So basically even if you kill him you are still going to have to recap the point which gives the enemy team more time to recover.In teamfights if your team stays on point and you have to fight 2 scourges and their pockethealer then it's in most cases a lost cause...

I used to play reaper all the time during HoT and I really looked forward to scourge but the way it is made made me really hate the spec and seeing 4 scourge every single game really isn't helping me feeling better about pvp. It's gone so far that i'm really doubting to continue playing pvp this season and Im really really sad about this, it's getting so frustrating Im sometimes even getting salty towards people who play scourges, normally im a very calm player but it's gotten so far I just can't help myself from time to time....

Anyway thanks for reading and don't forget, scourges suck :p

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'I feel Anet just remains clueless or intentionally blind.'

No! you are the one who remain clueless and intentionally blind. You claim to play Necromancer yet asking them to be nerfed. Next time you want to direct attack Anet and the Necromancer community; bring your history with you.

You know absolutely nothing about Necromancer and how Anet and the toxic community mistreated them for 5 years.

That's right!! for 5 kitten years

Still not satisfied?

No class deserves to be depressed except the Necromancer

There's a very notable correlation between an increasing amount of toxicity in a match with an increasing number of scourges per match. The same could be said that there's an inverse correlation between the amount of scourges per match and amount of fun had in a match.

@Burnfall.9573 said:'I feel Anet just remains clueless or intentionally blind.'

No! you are the one who remain clueless and intentionally blind. You claim to play Necromancer yet asking them to be nerfed. Next time you want to direct attack Anet and the Necromancer community; bring your history with you.

You know absolutely nothing about Necromancer and how Anet and the toxic community treated them for 5 years.

Hey if you'd prefer they could make Necromancer so powerful that running any other class would be tantamount to throwing. There's already the "equal scourge or no win" saying. If you want we could make it "all necro or no win".

You know absolutely nothing about Necromancer and how Anet and the toxic community treated them for 5 years.

Still not satisfied?

Cry me a river. Scourge is OP and has been since it came out. You've had months to screw up every competitive game mode already- I don't give a crap if they're viable, and in fact welcome it, but when 40% of most sPvP matches are Scourge and the meta revolves around "Who brought more scourges" and "who brought support for the scourge", kitten gotta go.

@GoZero.9708 said:There's a very notable correlation between an increasing amount of toxicity in a match with an increasing number of scourges per match. The same could be said that there's an inverse correlation between the amount of scourges per match and amount of fun had in a match.

There shouldn't be any amount of any class per match period!!

Blame the bad design matchmaking, not the Necromancer.

@Atlaworks.4937 said:

Still not satisfied?

Cry me a river. Scourge is OP and has been since it came out. You've had months to screw up every competitive game mode already- I don't give a crap if they're viable, and in fact welcome it, but when 40% of most sPvP matches are Scourge and the meta revolves around "Who brought more scourges" and "who brought support for the scourge", kitten gotta go.

You also making claims about Necromancer history yet you know absolutely nothing about them.The matat doesn't revolve around Necromancer but with two classes.

That's correct! the meta revolves around two classes.

Not Necromancer!!

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@GoZero.9708 said:There's a very notable correlation between an increasing amount of toxicity in a match with an increasing number of scourges per match. The same could be said that there's an inverse correlation between the amount of scourges per match and amount of fun had in a match.

"This thing that has worked fine for years is now broken! It isn't Scourge please don't nerf my super powered spec!" Your desperation almost makes me feel sorry for Scourge players. They know their time as top dog is limited.

The only broken thing about the matchmaking is the capacity to swap professions once the matchup has been decided. The ideal of carefully picking 5 different players with equal skill sets playing mirror professions kinda goes out the window when someone can just swap to a 2nd Scourge or a 2nd Weaver and flood the match with so much condis that team fights become hell.

@GoZero.9708 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

"This thing that has worked fine for years is now broken! It isn't Scourge please don't nerf my super powered spec!" Your desperation almost makes me feel sorry for Scourge players. They know their time as top dog is limited.

The only broken thing about the matchmaking is the capacity to swap professions once the matchup has been decided. The ideal of carefully picking 5 different players with equal skill sets playing mirror professions kinda goes out the window when someone can just swap to a 2nd Scourge or a 2nd Weaver and flood the match with so much condis that team fights become hell.

so the only class you can swap out is only Necromancer??

Are you new to the game?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@GoZero.9708 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Are you new to the game?

I'm failing to understand the train of thought that brought you to the conclusion that constituted your post.

You know absolutely nothing about Necromancer and how Anet and the toxic community mistreated them for 5 years.

Still not satisfied?

(http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/small-violin.gif "")

@GoZero.9708 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@GoZero.9708 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Are you new to the game?

I'm failing to understand the train of thought that brought you to the conclusion that constituted your post.

I've been telling you the truth all along; you know absolutely nothing about Necromancer

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@GoZero.9708 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@GoZero.9708 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Are you new to the game?

I've been telling you the truth all along; you know absolutely nothing about Necromancer

I think you're very confused.

Hey if you'd prefer they could make Necromancer so powerful that running any other class would be tantamount to throwing. There's already the "equal scourge or no win" saying. If you want we could make it "all necro or no win".

You mean like how Warrior and Ele have completely dominated every game mode for years?

Are people really trying to defend the current meta?

Mass carpet-bombing AoE does not create a enjoyable PvP experience for anyone involved. Whether or not Scourge is balanced isn't even a relevant discussion next to the larger issue how bad the player experience is in this Scourge meta.

Deleting Scourge would significantly improve the quality of PvP, and if we could delete thieves while we are at it, that would be that much better.

@Crinn.7864 said:Are people really trying to defend the current meta?

Mass carpet-bombing AoE does not create a enjoyable PvP experience for anyone involved. Whether or not Scourge is balanced isn't even a relevant discussion next to the larger issue how bad the player experience is in this Scourge meta.

Deleting Scourge would significantly improve the quality of PvP, and if we could delete thieves while we are at it, that would be that much better.

Oh you.... can we delete necros completely while we are at it? ;)

On more serious note, it actually saddens me to see things like "delete XY class". I am sitting in matches, doing my best, +1 my teammates, rez them, peel for the said necros when i can, give my teammates stealth so they can run away from enemy zerg and then get to see such ungrateful messages :/

@DerJoker.9081 said:Swap to druid withongbkw, some quickness and wilderness survival and watch them die from range. Hard counters scourge and you have enough condi clear and stunbreaks for ages.

And this is why I play aura staff tempest for magnetic aura spam..... Also makes the enemy Dead eyes useless :+1:

@Klaeljanus.7695 said:

You mean like how Warrior and Ele have completely dominated every game mode for
years
?

Wrong, ele was 'top' because people were dumb enough to put their /full/ Condi builds against them and cried they couldn't do their l33t Condi numbers against them.

And the only time they were truly 'top' is because of an overpowered amulet they didn't know how to balance, so ALOT of classes took celestial. Now ele is trashbin tier, gutted, and can hardly survive.

Warrior was the one that was legit on top consistently because of it's damage, skills, and traits. And look, it's /still/ on top.

Don't be naive, trying to somehow find blame. I swear, people always try to find some damn blame on Ele when they don't have an argument.

Still not satisfied?

First of all I dont ask necromancer to be nerfed, im asking scourge to be toned down cus the instant condi spike is way too high (they apparently are 'adjusting' it so guess im right about that) and if you can't see that then you are just kidding yourself.

Besides, mistreated for the last 5 years? Cmon man they've pretty much been meta the entire time after HoT, don't be such a drama queen.

Archived