Random Invuln on PoF Mobs

X T D.6458

I noticed this too, and my reaction is to just do the same: walk away. Those are trash mobs most of the time who just got into the way of my real objective, so I don't care to follow up on them. If they refuse to fight, fine for me. Same with those endless blocks, reflects or evades from other mobs (no bug). If I see a 5 second block coming up, I turn my attention to another mob, or leave them alone. They are just delaying the inevitable, those skills have no useful purpose for them. Lions and griffons come to my mind. Maybe this was part of the plan to turn the game from power damage focused to condition damage focused.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:I also see this. Most often, it seems to be mobs that retreat from contact, or walk away from the character as part of their script. I have no idea if it's connected to leashing, but every time it happens I find myself seeing the retreat and thinking the mob has leashed.

It happens even when the mob is only a few steps from where it spawns.

Also leashing doesn't or at least didn't trigger invuln. They just get an extremely powerful regen.

@Faaris.8013 said:I noticed this too, and my reaction is to just do the same: walk away. Those are trash mobs most of the time who just got into the way of my real objective, so I don't care to follow up on them. If they refuse to fight, fine for me. Same with those endless blocks, reflects or evades from other mobs (no bug). If I see a 5 second block coming up, I turn my attention to another mob, or leave them alone. They are just delaying the inevitable, those skills have no useful purpose for them. Lions and griffons come to my mind. Maybe this was part of the plan to turn the game from power damage focused to condition damage focused.

It's not just trash mobs. It happens when playing through story instances, and when fighting mobs that need to be cleared out. It affects all hostiles in PoF at random times.

It's been reported in the bug section, without any answer, as far as I know.

It's a very specific behaviour of mobs (trash and bosses) getting straight invulnerable and going back to some kind of checkpoint, ignoring you in the process. It's not at all the same than mob disengaging and resetting HP because it's been dragged too far away from its area.

It's a really frustrating behaviour, and I hope it'll be fixed soon.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:I also see this. Most often, it seems to be mobs that retreat from contact, or walk away from the character as part of their script. I have no idea if it's connected to leashing, but every time it happens I find myself seeing the retreat and thinking the mob has leashed.

It happens even when the mob is only a few steps from where it spawns.

Also leashing doesn't or at least didn't trigger invuln. They just get an extremely powerful regen.

True. I tend to think of leashing only because when I see it, the mob seems to be moving away from my character, even if it's only for a few steps. I see this retreating behavior fairly consistently in Bitterfrost Frontier, where some Sons and Icebrood respond to heavy initial hits from range by kiting away. I haven't seen the BFF mobs go invulnerable, though, and they tend to go further.

Still, I haven't submitted a bug report in game, so the behavior must not be annoying
me
-- enough -- yet.

Archived