[POLL]Would you like to have a new Discipline ? If yes, what ?

Kaizok.7839

Do you want a new crafting discipline ?Maybe something lore-based (Historian) or fun-based (Musician) or anything else, tell us !

For me, I'd like to see an astronomer discipline. Using stars to seek prophecies (a prophecy activated give you an encounter good or evil somewhere in the world).Like Malomedies, seek the future through stars...

@Fluffball.8307 said:Not the way they're currently handled, which is to throw a bunch of mats and money at the UI and then alt-tab out of the game while stuff makes. If there was something mechanically interesting, of course I'd want it.

I totally agree that crafting discipline is too much like others MMO. They should give access to specific mechanics in open world and be different.

I'd like to see a "tool maker" discipline that can create vendor-purchasable items for the character to use. The idea is that characters which invest the time and money into making the "tool maker" can get slight advantages to gathering or salvaging. Additionally, these characters can create special consumable items that would give boosts similar to the guild hall bartender fella (they could stack with the bartender buffs). These characters can have a sink for things like Luck, Runes and Sigils.

How I envision it working:

1. The discipline would go to level 500.
  2. Can create consumables that give buffs to salvaging, crafting, magic find or gathering.
  3. Creates consumable Gathering tools and salvage kits.
  4. Can create soul-bound consumable items that aren't available on the Trading Post
  5. Can create insignias that can be mixed with Gathering tools and salvage kits for additional chances at successfully getting rare materials or chance to recover upgrades.
  6. Can create special 'Salvage Rune' kits and devices; salvaging a rune gives at least the sell price of the rune. Using the kit gives a small change to get a bit more money, and a small chance to get some luck or Tier Crafting Material (like dust or whatever).

Novice/Tier 1 (0-74):

• Crude Salvage Kit (25)
  • Copper Sickle/Pick/Axe
  • Novice Salvage Insignia (only usable when making Crude Salvage Kits): Adds +10% Chance to get upgrades back.
  • Novice Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Copper Gathering items): Adds 10% Chance to get extra (or rare) items.
  • Minor Rune Salvage Kit (25)
  • Minor Gathering Potion: +3% Change to get extra or rare items when gathering for 30 minutes

Initiate/Tier 2 (75-149):

• Basic Salvage Kit (25)
  • Iron Sickle/Pick/Axe
  • Initiate Salvage Insignia (only usable when making Basic Salvage Kits): Adds 10% Chance to get upgrades back.
  • Initiate Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Iron Gathering items): Adds 10% Chance to get extra (or rare) items.
  • Common Aqua Breather

Apprentice/Tier 3 (150-224):

• Fine Salvage Kit (25)
  • Steel Sickle/Pick/Axe
  • Apprentice Salvage Insignia (only usable when making Fine Salvage Kits): Adds 10% Chance to get upgrades back.
  • Apprentice Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Steel Gathering items): Adds 10% Chance to get extra (or rare) items.
  • Major Rune Salvage Kit (25)
  • Instant Repair Canister
  • Fine Aqua Breather

Journeyman/Tier 4 (225-299):

• Journeyman Salvage Kit (25)
  • Darksteel Sickle/Pick/Axe
  • Journeyman Salvage Insignia (only usable when making Journeyman Salvage Kits): Adds 10% Chance to get upgrades back.
  • Journeyman Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Darksteel Gathering items): Adds 10% Chance to get extra (or rare) items.
  • Revive Orb
  • Masterwork Aqua Breather
  • Major Gathering Potion: +6% Change to get extra or rare items when gathering for 30 minutes

Adept/Tier 5 (300-399):

• Master Salvage Kit (25)
  • Mithril Sickle/Pick/Axe
  • Master Salvage Insignia (only usable when making Master Salvage Kits): Adds 10% Chance to get upgrades back.
  • Master Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Mithril Gathering items): Adds 10% Chance to get extra (or rare) items.
  • Superior Rune Salvage Kit (25)
  • Teleport To Friend
  • Rare Aqua Breather

Master/Tier 6 (400-499):

• Improved Master Salvage Kit (25)
  • Orichalcum Sickle/Pick/Axe
  • Master Salvage Insignia (only usable when making Improved Master Salvage Kits): Adds 10% Chance to get upgrades back.
  • Master Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Orichalcum Gathering items): Adds 10% Chance to get extra (or rare) items.
  • Bank Access Express
  • Transmutation Stone
  • Exotic Aqua Breather
  • Superior Gathering Potion: +10% Change to get extra or rare items when gathering for 30 minutes

Grand Master/Tier 7 (500):

• Ascended Salvage Kit
  • Lucky Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Orichalcum Gathering items): Adds a small chance to get luck from Gathering
  • Unbound Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Orichalcum Gathering items): Adds a small amount of unbound magic per use when Gathering
  • Abundant Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Orichalcum Gathering items): Greatly increases your chances of getting extra items when Gathering
  • Quick Gathering Insignia (only usable when making Orichalcum Gathering items): Increases the speed at which you gather items.
  • Ascended Aqua Breather
  • Silver-fed Rune Muncher

Recipe Ideas:

• Salvage Kits: 1x Tier X Refined Leather, 1x Tier X Metal Ingot, 1x Tier X Wooden Plank
    • Salvage Kits: 1x Tier X Refined Leather, 1x Tier X Metal Ingot, 1x Tier X Wooden Plank, 1x Salvage Insignia
  • Gathering: 1x Tier X Metal Ingot, 1x Tier X Wooden Plank, 1x Stone/Branch/Seeds (new items that randomly appear when gathering)
    • Gathering: 1x Tier X Metal Ingot, 1x Tier X Wooden Plank, 1x Stone/Branch/Seeds (new items that randomly appear when gathering), 1x Gathering Insignia
  • Aqua Breather: 2x Air Filter (2x Tier X Cloth), 1x Strap (2x Tier X Leather, 2x Tier X Cloth), Special Item, Optional Insignia?

Since the flashy dyes and some outfits, i'd say the Pimp.

True answer

We don't need any new profession. I just would like to be able to obtain legendary trinkets ( accessories, amulets, rings, backpack ) without skin. Just for QoL.

Armor pieces are 300g each, with an horrible skin, and THIS IS WONDERFUL!Now we just need to have raw weapons with a similar cost and trinkets.

Also we are not allowed to have 2 trinkets or more, because HEY! GUESS WHAT! AURORA IS UNIQUE!

Mother of time game stuff.

@Ashen.2907 said:I think that there is entirely too much emphasis placed on crafting in this game as it is. Adding more disciplines would make matters that much worse.

You got a good point there. I mean 99% of the rewards in this game are either crafting mats or salvaged for crafting mats.

@pah.4931 said:I voted no just because, from what I can tell, crafting doesn't offer much game-play or interesting customization. Seems more like a gold sink or a way to time-gate content.

I am totally open to being told I am wrong (I don't craft much).

You're not wrong. >.>

The two most prominent ways to get stuff in GW2 is either crafting it or buying off the gem store, both of which are rooted in in-game gold.

Archived