Single Armor skin pieces in gemstore — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Single Armor skin pieces in gemstore

So there literally isn’t anything that the community wants more than new armor skins in the gemstore.
While we can understand that it’s a lot of work to create armor sets for 5 races with 2 genders each, we still suffer from the lack of new armor skins.
While we get a new outfit every 1-2 month, why not putting in work for one armor set instead? You don’t have to release 1 new armor set for every class at the very same time.
However that is not my point/idea:
Instead of putting out whole armor sets if it’s too much work, why don’t you put out single skins (leg, breast, etc.) as you do with glove and helmet skins already, as well as shoulder and boots.
You could just as easy sell single piece leg skins or tops.
Just a thought what do you think?

Comments

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They do this nonsense already which makes me not want any of them in the gem store.
    Forefire one I think was 3 pieces. The Forged one was I think 2.
    If I can't have a complete set to decide which pieces I like more, then I'm not even going to bother.

  • Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    They do this nonsense already which makes me not want any of them in the gem store.
    Forefire one I think was 3 pieces. The Forged one was I think 2.
    If I can't have a complete set to decide which pieces I like more, then I'm not even going to bother.

    Full sets are overated anyway.

    They end up being over-designed with more bulk and sparkle just to fill out all 6 slots instead of designing something that looks good and is unique from any available piece in each slot. On top of that, they have to utilize similar techniques to cover the seams where they fit together (like buttcapes, which exists to simulate "coat tails" because only the medium armor rig has a full coat option).

  • I think, literally, there are things the playerbase wants more than Gem Store Armor pieces.

  • Chay.7852Chay.7852 Member ✭✭✭

    It would be nice to see some simple pants for all armor weights - especially for light armor where you only have one and thats not my piece of cake (okay... maybe the ascalonian too though it has a sort of skirt..). I would like to see something like the ele fow armor from gw1 for my ele. We dont have anything similar here. Or more pants for heavy - only pants - whithout but cape or so are the aetherblades leggins. More of that would be cool.

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I think, literally, there are things the playerbase wants more than Gem Store Armor pieces.

    Here's the list of things the playerbase wants (or at least, those posting in the official thread):
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/348/suggestions-gemstore-items. There are 865 replies; I haven't counted how many there are, but it's not just armor skins.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Also, OP, you may have missed the many, many forum posts asking for Armor Sets to be able to be earned in-game, instead of offered in the Gem Store, back when offering them for sale was the practice.

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Leo G.4501 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    They do this nonsense already which makes me not want any of them in the gem store.
    Forefire one I think was 3 pieces. The Forged one was I think 2.
    If I can't have a complete set to decide which pieces I like more, then I'm not even going to bother.

    Full sets are overated anyway.

    They end up being over-designed with more bulk and sparkle just to fill out all 6 slots instead of designing something that looks good and is unique from any available piece in each slot. On top of that, they have to utilize similar techniques to cover the seams where they fit together (like buttcapes, which exists to simulate "coat tails" because only the medium armor rig has a full coat option).

    Personally, I really don't care in the sense of what armour they put in the Gem Store until

    1. Heavy Armour get a helmet that covers the whole head. This means the neck too, and not heavily decorated looking like nonsense.
    2. Medium Armour gets more tops where it's not a long cape/coat and at least just a shirt/t-shirt or something.
    3. Light armour gets pants. Actual pants. Not pants with cape, not pants with pieces chopped off just to show skin. The Elonian armour for light armour was 100% perfect as it had the nice pant bottom but then they covered it with like 50 comforters and 1000 bed sheets for some messed up reason.

    When they put these things whether it's in the Gem Store or within the game, incomplete set or not, I will still find issues in incomplete sets as at times I would like the complete look and yes when it's NOT bulk or sparkly.
    There's not enough of those that are "lame and bland" as some might call it, but if they made just like a gloves and helmet of a "plain and bland" and I would go "I would like the shoulders, boots, leggings, and chest of it" and Arenanet is like "Nope. Pick one of those "bulky or sparkly ones" then yeah. Problems"

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2017

    @Deathok.2914 said:
    So there literally isn’t anything that the community wants more than new armor skins in the gemstore.
    While we can understand that it’s a lot of work to create armor sets for 5 races with 2 genders each, we still suffer from the lack of new armor skins.
    While we get a new outfit every 1-2 month, why not putting in work for one armor set instead? You don’t have to release 1 new armor set for every class at the very same time.
    However that is not my point/idea:
    Instead of putting out whole armor sets if it’s too much work, why don’t you put out single skins (leg, breast, etc.) as you do with glove and helmet skins already, as well as shoulder and boots.
    You could just as easy sell single piece leg skins or tops.
    Just a thought what do you think?

    It seems that single, visually-exaggerated pieces have more value to players and therefore, are more accepted as GS offerings. I don't really get the suggestion .. you just want Anet to offer singles of Chest and Leg pieces? I don't see a reason why not ... unless those are the peices they had the biggest problems when they stopped offereing whole armor sets in the first place.

    Frankly, I find it hard to see what their GS strategy is ... sometimes we get a shoulder peice ... maybe a helmet and gloves ... it seems really random. I honestly don't think they pump enough stuff out on the GS. I'm dying to see some wicked back items .. not charr backpacks and garbage like that ...

    If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I would so much love to buy single chest and leg pieces

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    2k for an outfit tuned into 6 pieces armor bundle could be really a thing.

  • Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    I'm dying to see some wicked back items .. not charr backpacks and garbage like that ...

    What back items do you want that we don't have, there's almost 200 of them running the gamut from generic backpacks to huge flashy wings and everything in between.

    @Fenom.9457 said:
    I would so much love to buy single chest and leg pieces

    That is probably not going to happen, because the chest and leg pieces are the "core" of the armor and the most complex to integrate. Just look at how the radiant and hellfire chest/legs vary by armor weight even when the helm/shoulders/gloves/boots don't, for example.

  • Crossaber.8934Crossaber.8934 Member ✭✭✭

    I wish to see gemstore armor set a comeback. I also wanna see more backpacks added, not the flashy wing kind of skin, instead, more practical backpack.

    Mercenary backpack was a good one example. Backpack that can show more characteristics, medi pack for being medic, dualblade as a swordsman, guns as gunslinger etc.

    Cross

  • Aye, alot of the armor skins are way to busy, be nice to have the option of removing "stages" have the base model and then attach what you want to "recreate" to your desired specs. When the item is designed it consists of layers, lets say a armor has 10 layers, you can then decide you want layer 5 and layer 7 so you have the fancy belt and 1 set or something. Remove the spikes or skulls or excessive armaments and make it a "custom" look. Depending on the programmer I wonder how big of a job it would be to implement this. :)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.