Easy/Easier Mastery Unlock Points, in Fractals

There have been a couple of posts of folks who find it tedious to finish off the last few mastery points for Core Tyria, to unlock those sweet spirit shards for excess XP. In a lot of cases, people have rejected the points in fractals because they don't see themselves as the sort of person who does "challenging content." However, it turns out, some of the easiest unlocks in the Vanilla game are available in Fractals.

Here's a list of the ones I think are easiest, for those looking for their last dozen mastery unlocks. The format is: chieve, fractal/tier, tips.

• Carrier Cacophany in Underground/T1. During the mid-boss fight, don't die. Easy with a good team (especially a healer, if you are worried about it).
  • Fancy Footwork: Don't trip a trap in Swampland/T1. You can cheeze it by letting any 3 other people "run the orbs" in the first part of the fractal (a really good thief/mesmer can solo it for you).
  • Flawless Fins Foil Foes in Aquatic/T1. You can cheeze it by letting any other player run the ruins as a dolphin (50% chance you get that variation). Then you /gg, swim back into the tunnel (to become a Dolphin) and back out. Instant achievement.
  • Holo-Hornpipe in Aetherblade/T1. There are two sets of Holo dancers after completing certain bits of the dungeon. Just /dance in front of each (you can leech off anyone else to reach them).
  • Hop, Skip, & Jump in Uncategorized Fractal/T1. This is easy if you don't mind jumping puzzles. I believe you can still cheeze it with the help of a friendly mesmer.
  • Horrik's Horror in Mai Trin/T1. As long as Horrik dies, you get this one.
  • If Only We Had Marshmallows in Snowblind/T1. Just light all the bonfires.
  • Open Grave in Solid Ocean/T1. Kill all the things, including the ambients.
  • Out of Cluck in Urban/T1. Kill all the ambient chickens. This can be done after clearing the fractal, to make it easier. You don't have to be the killer, so the rest of your party can kill them as you go. There's no counter, so it can be tricky to track how many have died.
  • Take a Bow in Cliffisde, after the final boss is defeated, he'll bow; you bow, too.
  • The Floor is Lava in Volcanic/T1. I believe this can still be cheezed by leeching the fight, i.e. letting others complete the boss fight while you hang out at a safe distance.

The only one requiring more than T1

• Hollow Victory in Twilight Oasis/T4. This can't be cheezed, but you can leech it with a solid team of 4.

The remaining three (Shockwave Skipper, Subject 6 Deep Sixer & Weapons Tester) can no longer be cheezed. They are definitely worth an attempt or two; they just aren't trivial.

@Biff.5312 said:Guess I need to find a guild. I play solo, and as such have avoided fractals for the most part. I have had enough bad experience with pugs in other MMOs and don't want that in GW2. A guild is probably my best bet.

Or just post a request in LFG or in this folder, using wording similar to that suggested by @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015". There are lots of people willing to help out.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:I just know they used to randomly give it to you.

Oh, right; mostly what I thought.

The idea for this list is to show the ones that are easy for folks who have never fractalled before. I'd still list them in the "worth trying once or twice" category rather than "guaranteed success while leeching".

Archived