Daily achievement points bug!

So...I got bored with wvw and went for ap hunting a couple of days ago.

Was doing dailies, finished it and the I looked at my total ap. It didn't add the 10 points of ap.

I thought I'm in the wrong here. Maybe I saw the numbers wrongly.

The next day I finish my daily again for the ap. I was right...it didn't add the daily ap of 10 points.

Currently I'm at 28 452. I dunno when the bug began....probably 3-4 days ago. I realised it today when I crosschecked with the ap I wrote on a paper yesterday after I finished my daily today.

• 3 weeks later...

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:You're welcome. It's not something that's ever pointed out in-game, so many people end up very confused once they've reached that cap.

Has this always been the case? And if so, what is the reasoning behind it? I just noticed that I've been "stuck" at 20401 for quite some time. Why have higher levels if they are going to cap it?

@WGHII.2491 said:

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:You're welcome. It's not something that's ever pointed out in-game, so many people end up very confused once they've reached that cap.

Has this always been the case? And if so, what is the reasoning behind it? I just noticed that I've been "stuck" at 20401 for quite some time. Why have higher levels if they are going to cap it?

To timegate how quickly you earn the AP chests.

Long time ago there was a bug or two (or maybe was it intended or they just didn't care bout APs - doesn't matter) which allowed you to get as many dailies/monthlies as you wanted. So Anet after fixing the issue introduced this system to ensure everyone get no more than stated number of points for dailies/monthlies.

@banshee.9328 said:Long time ago there was a bug or two (or maybe was it intended or they just didn't care bout APs - doesn't matter) which allowed you to get as many dailies/monthlies as you wanted. So Anet after fixing the issue introduced this system to ensure everyone get no more than stated number of points for dailies/monthlies.

That wasn't a daily/monthly bug. That was a bug on Agent of Entropy, which is why that is capped.

I wonder how many Gb the gw2 wiki is now... I wouldn't want all that data on my hardrive, that's for sure.

I could understand getting an achievement for reaching the 15k cap. Then it would be a notification in game. But it's not neccessary as the Wiki states the cap in the second paragraph on the Daily page. Go figure.

MMOs require outside sources for information, otherwise it would be a game with a huge amount of bloat. No. Thank. You.

Archived