Istan supply chest cap

I'm not exactly sure what the cap is on opening supply chests, but I wanted to suggest that it be updated to not apply to players who go through the Istan event chains normally. What I mean by that is that as long as it's possible for people to switch maps or switch characters to try to loot more chests, it likely does make sense to have a cap of some kind. But what I experienced today is I played through the Palawadan event, collected all the chests I could, then moved on to the Great Hall event which took place immediately afterward. After breaking through the gates and beating the forces inside I observed that the supply chests that appeared showed as looted already. And to be clear, I had not played the Great Hall event yet today on any character. What I suspect is that I must have reached the supply chest cap in the Palawadan event, making me ineligible to loot more chests in the Great Hall event. That wasn't a good experience, and it leaves a person wondering why the chests apparently "aren't working" or if this was a bug. If it weren't for in-game chat people telling me I must have reached the supply chest cap, I wouldn't necessarily have known why the chests weren't working.

Rather than a cap on supply chests in a time period, I'd suggest that chests simply be lootable one time only per event. That way if you switch maps or characters during that event, the chest would still be looted. But later if you participate in a different event, the chests would once again be available.

Think I saw on a wiki that the cap is 25 per char and 38 per account. Also in one or 2 of the discussions on the forum. Have also run into how they get shown as looted very quickly as think with one run its easy to get to 25 if doing it efficiently. Think problem is how to handle the instance jumping. Do support the loot once - think this was already put into the Great Hall but not into Palawadan as yet. Not sure if this will take the number of chests available to below the cap (25). Also do we make this per account or per char? Also with events being every 2 hours would this reset so I could do as many unique events - to stop me just jumping instances as the events might currently not be seen as the same as they event triggered and not time triggered.

I think it should be similar to how Auric Basin was updated. My thought is that there should be no cap on number of chests opened. If the dev team feels too many chests per event are being opened, then don't make that many chests appear. It's frustrating to have chests appear and not be able to use them. Multi-mapping and character swapping can be addressed by making the chests lootable once per account per event. During the same event if you switch maps or switch characters, the chests will show as looted. But at the next in-game day/night cycle rolls around and another event starts, you can loot the chests again at that point.

Based on the post from GC about the Istan multi-map they estimated the cap at 60 supply chests per half hour per character. The Palawadan event spawns 30 chests, which can be opened multiple times, so you can conceivably cap your character out on just that event alone, which means you'd get nothing from doing the Great Hall. Personally I think the intention is to make people decide between the two events even though they are in succession, if they happened concurrently then we might have another issue...which event do you want to do. As it is you can only loot the Great Hall chests once now, and not multiple times like in Palawadan.

@"Orion Templar.4589" said:I'm not exactly sure what the cap is on opening supply chests, but I wanted to suggest that it be updated to not apply to players who go through the Istan event chains normally. What I mean by that is that as long as it's possible for people to switch maps or switch characters to try to loot more chests, it likely does make sense to have a cap of some kind. But what I experienced today is I played through the Palawadan event, collected all the chests I could, then moved on to the Great Hall event which took place immediately afterward. After breaking through the gates and beating the forces inside I observed that the supply chests that appeared showed as looted already. And to be clear, I had not played the Great Hall event yet today on any character. What I suspect is that I must have reached the supply chest cap in the Palawadan event, making me ineligible to loot more chests in the Great Hall event. That wasn't a good experience, and it leaves a person wondering why the chests apparently "aren't working" or if this was a bug. If it weren't for in-game chat people telling me I must have reached the supply chest cap, I wouldn't necessarily have known why the chests weren't working.

Rather than a cap on supply chests in a time period, I'd suggest that chests simply be lootable one time only per event. That way if you switch maps or characters during that event, the chest would still be looted. But later if you participate in a different event, the chests would once again be available.

I did the same thing and created a thread as well when I was not sure what was happening. Do GH right after Pala then be confused why none of the chests were working. I wound up disconnecting then coming back later to do GH again so I could get those too.

Archived