Condition Damage - Unbalanced

This is an idea me and my friend had.

Currently, condition damage is stronger than power on almost every single class, and it's not by just a little bit either, it's way ahead. The "defense" to condition damage is Vitality, or Condition Removal, from a PvE perspective, mobs can't remove conditions also in PvP condi removal is somewhat limited.

Power damage is effected by Toughness and Vitality. Both equate to having to do more damage to kill the foe. Our idea was to have condition damage effected by toughness by ~50% (i say 25-50 he says 50-75%). It would take tweaking and testing but also Power damage needs to be buffed on some classes, I understand condition damage being stronger overall for long term because it takes ramp up time, but it shouldn't be drastically ahead.

What are your thoughts?

Has been discussed to death multiple times and also the solution with toughness reducing condition-damage came up quite often.I´m sorry to disappoint you, but most people here tend to say no to that change, though it would make sense that toughness reduces overall damage instead of only one type of it.

It's far too late now, but conditions should never have been their own playstyle (i.e. no stats or builds specifically for them). They should have been designed as small DoTs that were primarily used for their effects (Poison reducing healing) or as triggers for effects (Some skills could cause a "Gash" effect if used on opponents with more than 5 bleed stacks, for example) that can be used by all builds.

An issue I had with conditions is that aside from poisoning, and in a few instances, burning, they can be used on just anything. In gw1, there was limitations on what skills could be used on certain targets. For example, you couldn't inflict bleeding on something that didn't have flesh, like an elemental. More creative programming could also curb the insane damage conditions bring to the table too.

I used to make this argument, but I actually think that, instead, Toughness/armor should be the balancer between power and condition damage. I think that was the original intent, and they've killed it by introducing all kinds of anti-condi stuff in response to making condi overpowered. In short, they don't know what they're doing.

They seem hung up on the idea of making condi like dots in other MMOS, which IMO is wrong-headed - they should ramp up fast and have short durations, with the main balancer of which is better being tied to the armor value of the target.

Archived