does race matter in pvp? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

does race matter in pvp?

trunks.5249trunks.5249 Member ✭✭

i love my ranger trapper so i have one of every race. however i have noticed i win a lot more often with my asura. i was wondering if other people have the same build on different toons and happen to do better on one race then an other?

Comments

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭

No chosen race has zero relevance for pvp.

Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

• trunks.5249trunks.5249 Member ✭✭

@Crinn.7864 said:
    No chosen race has zero relevance for pvp.

well i am thinking its the size diffrence becouse i do worse on my norn trapper then any other race i have

• Cynz.9437Cynz.9437 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

There is visual bug with asuras and charr, the displayed aoe effect and actual effective range don't correspond each other which gives asuras huge advantage, which is why in the past ranked/tourneys were filled with asuras.
    It doesn't matter much in ranked now where anyone who cares about winning usually has standard models on so they can't even see whether you are asura or not, so displayed aoe corresponds effective aoe.

Also, i personally try to avoid big characters. I wouldn't be able to see wth i am backstabbing on huge charr with wings. Smaller characters let you see bit more in combat, imo. My biggest nightmare are big pink norn mesmer teammates spamming clones 24/7 - you can't see crap.

GW is P2Win. We are always lied to.

• but...pink norn mesmer with bare chest is quite popular fyi :3

[RED] Crimson Sunspears...your small family guild since 2015.

• Darek.1836Darek.1836 Member ✭✭✭

it affects your teammates visibility of you and clutter and thats it

• Griever.8150Griever.8150 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

You're not a real PvP player if you don't play Female Human.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

Asura master race!

lots of people play differently and we're harder to click on or see amongst minions/clones/pets, some skill animations are bigger than us too !

Worst player NA. Try not to die to me.

• Griever.8150Griever.8150 Member ✭✭✭

@Cynz.9437 said:
    Also, i personally try to avoid big characters. I wouldn't be able to see wth i am backstabbing on huge charr with wings.

Idk my Thief is a Charr and i don't have issues with it. I did make him on the smaller/slender side of the scale though and avoid extra armor clutter but its more a flavor choice than a practical one.

Its just a matter of being used to your race's animations, i even have an easier time with jumping puzzles on my Charrs now than my other characters cause i got used to their running animation.

• Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

Asuras are OP its harder to notice tells or flat out spot them in teamfights

• Apolo.5942Apolo.5942 Member ✭✭

The only real class that offers an advantage is asura, you can make the model so small that the animations are completely unreadable.

• Flauvious.6195Flauvious.6195 Member ✭✭✭

It's almost impossible to see an asuras animations amongst the visual clutter. PSA: If you don't already have the option for enemies to appear as standard models checked, you should do that. No more min sized asura.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭

The "rat race" for pvp rewards matters

• Morwath.9817Morwath.9817 Member ✭✭✭

As long as you aren't Quaggan, it doesn't matter, otherwise fishy hands can make sPvP hard.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.