Path of Fire Map Completion

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Desert

Gen 2.1, ones without collections, can use this gift, to make Gift of Desert Mastery to use instead of Gift of Maguuma Mastery.

The Legendaries with collections (Chuka and Champawat, Nevermore,Hope and Astralaria)are tied to HoT so will still require gift of maguuma mastery, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with requesting that these two gifts should be interchangeable for all Gen2 Legendaries.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

The Legendaries with collections are tied to HoT so will still require gift of maguuma mastery.

Wow even this focus, that blows?

I mean with Mounts it is feasible but some of those Hero Points are murder.

The focus doesn't have a collection so it should work with the gift of desert mastery.

@yann.1946 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

The Legendaries with collections are tied to HoT so will still require gift of maguuma mastery.

The focus doesn't have a collection so it should work with the gift of desert mastery.

So basically every legendary starting with that Mace I can avoid map completion in the Jungle?

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@yann.1946 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

So basically every legendary starting with that Mace I can avoid map completion in the Jungle?

Normally yes

That's cool then I was already interested in Twilight and Frostfang (have two vanilla map completion for those), hopefully the next Warhorn isn't a Joke weapon.

Hmm actually Howler looks like it would work well with Frostfang, so all I need then is to do vanilla map completion one more time, at least these original legendary weapons have quests.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Desert

Gen 2.1, ones without collections, can use this gift, to make Gift of Desert Mastery to use instead of Gift of Maguuma Mastery.

The Legendaries with collections (Chuka and Champawat, Nevermore,Hope and Astralaria)are tied to HoT so will still require gift of maguuma mastery, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with requesting that these two gifts should be interchangeable for all Gen2 Legendaries.

The reason for the Gift of the Desert was that PoF players without HoT can craft the Gen 2.1 legendaries as you called them, not for easier access to them. Those 4 legendaries will still only require the HoT gift as PoF players can't do the collections.

I looked at this further and I can't imagine how any one could craft these if the going rate for all 3 Legs combined is 8,000 gold, I assume the crafting cost must be less but still. Honestly I'd probably have an easier time becoming a Doctor (I am exaggerating for effect, I don't actually think that.).

Archived