Which of these "impossible" changes to the game would you pick? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which of these "impossible" changes to the game would you pick?

Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 7 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

The GW 2 Genie has appeared and is willing to grant you one of these 10 changes to GW 2 that would otherwise be impossible or unlikely to ever happen in GW 2. You can only pick one.

What do you choose?

Which of these "impossible" changes to the game would you pick? 200 votes

Every Legendary that exists and every one to come for free in your inventory
3%
Hevoskuuri.3891sokeenoppa.5384Anna.7845ZeftheWicked.3076Omnicron.2467Polarfairy.8046Eldrich.5764 7 votes
Complete and satisfying balance in all 3 gameplay modes for all professions
40%
Razor.6392TheSlothArmada.6709Cerioth.7062Allarius.5670OriOri.8724meeflak.9714Nikal.4921Rauderi.8706IndigoSundown.5419SkyShroud.2865Loosmaster.8263hornswroggle.8023cNd.1096Demeth.5816mosser.7695Curunen.8729Ulion.5476JSmooth.7654Sylentir.8913kharmin.7683 81 votes
Ability to use multiple elite specializations at once
9%
Ghostrunner.4728Ameepa.6793Cyrin.1035Squee.7829Ayakaru.6583Adenin.5973Sir Vincent III.1286gilgamesh.1694Biziut.3594Theandil.6045CarolGam.2649Regord.2319Laila Lightness.8742TEKnowledgy.1760Galaa.8475skigorn.7910Mikali.9651Lastsecman.4352 18 votes
Black Lion Chests will allow you to choose any item you want from it as long as you have a key
3%
Endless Soul.5178Danikat.8537therapite.3645Witch of Doom.5739Silverwing.8750FrizzFreston.5290Dreamy Lu.3865 7 votes
Braham killed off.
6%
Preminger.2380Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864Karmapolice.4193Silmar Alech.4305Zaraki.5784Susy.7529DakotaCoty.5721DeadTreeJig.6714Eros.6801EruWan.4362Genesis.5169Jasmine.8195Rembar.7298 13 votes
All gliders and mount skins can all be acquired in game through collections and achievements
9%
Pifil.5193Jahroots.6791Mirdave.2014crosknight.3041Randulf.7614Shrimpkin.4851Fundor.2098TheWolf.1602Conqueror.3682maxray.8452Narcemus.1348WeedyZeGreedy.8635lokh.2695sigur.9453nighthawke.3075PopeUrban.2578CaboSoul.1204Lemondrop.5216seeker.5089 19 votes
The character "E" is finally revealed
2%
Haleydawn.3764notebene.3190Shyra Jade.9642Taelac.7036ananda.5946 5 votes
Charr cars become a mount
2%
Tsakhi.8124Game of Bones.8975Aeolus.3615Veprovina.4876The Lag.9742 5 votes
Tengu, Largos, and other races are now playable
18%
ReaverKane.7598TheGrimm.5624Ravij.9856reikken.4961BunjiKugashira.9754Tachenon.5270Tsume.4762regilyor.3152Cronospere.8143StinVec.3621Hyper Cutter.9376AllNightPlayer.1286Alga.6498PzTnT.7198Maria Murtor.7253Rennie.6750Daniel.5428Sparwa.6830Emprer.7256zombyturtle.5980 37 votes
The Legendary Wyvern becomes a ridable mount with the same attacks usable as skills on it. Dracarys!
4%
saerni.2584Fenom.9457Feanor.2358Blur.3465TheQuickFox.3826moonstarmac.4603Titan.3472ErikTheTyrant.4527 8 votes
<<1

Comments

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭

I just wanna use my sword with my warhorn on Tempest :)

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

I'd like to be change my status before logging in. That's all.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭
    Braham killed off.

That's the thing I wish the most and I have faith it's not impossible.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭
    Braham killed off.

@Susy.7529 said:
    That's the thing I wish the most and I have faith it's not impossible.

I know that feel bro ;)

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭

Don't care for them no more.

I only play PvE.

I rather they just unlock the weapon to the class. I would like to use a Longbow and an Axe on Guardian.

Black Lion Chests will allow you to choose any item you want from it as long as you have a key.

Meh

Braham killed off.

I hate him, but I wouldn't waste a vote on him. I also hate Taimi more.

All gliders and mount skins can all be acquired in game through collections and achievements

Seeing some things like core mastery and HoT masteries, I can see them being insane to get which would mean in the end, I might probably just buy the kitten thing if I really wanted it.

Not sure how this one is impossible.

What's a Charr Car?

Only if Kodan is part of this. No interest in Tengus and Largos are just light armoured humans with blue infusion auras on and a mask that bought the Largos wings pack long before it was released in the Gem Store. kitten hackers.

The Legendary Wyvern becomes a ridable mount with the same attacks usable as skills on it. Dracarys!

I don't find it cute and I've seen games where you can play as "bosses" or "usually unplayable" characters... or hacks that allow it and the controls are usually atrocious when put in the hands of the player.
    Master Hand in Smash Brothers or Forged Cannonade... I mean Ganon in Hyrule Warriors.
    The flying and fire coming out of it's mouth looks cool, but I can see in control of the cockpit making it be a horrid mess to deal with with the camera. It swoops one way, then back down the other, then around and back the next again... and that's if automatic.
    If it's manual... imagine a uncontrollable swooping fire breathing Griffon that's even harder to make turns and climbs and twirls with.
    That and the Wyvern minus certain times is quite slow...

If I knew what a Charr Car is, that might be my option, but I can see it becoming a 2000 mount skin which would put it also on my no list.

• Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

Don't care for them no more.

I only play PvE.

I rather they just unlock the weapon to the class. I would like to use a Longbow and an Axe on Guardian.

Black Lion Chests will allow you to choose any item you want from it as long as you have a key.

Meh

Braham killed off.

I hate him, but I wouldn't waste a vote on him. I also hate Taimi more.

Seeing some things like core mastery and HoT masteries, I can see them being insane to get which would mean in the end, I might probably just buy the kitten thing if I really wanted it.

Not sure how this one is impossible.

What's a Charr Car?

Only if Kodan is part of this. No interest in Tengus and Largos are just light armoured humans with blue infusion auras on and a mask that bought the Largos wings pack long before it was released in the Gem Store. kitten hackers.

I don't find it cute and I've seen games where you can play as "bosses" or "usually unplayable" characters... or hacks that allow it and the controls are usually atrocious when put in the hands of the player.
    Master Hand in Smash Brothers or Forged Cannonade... I mean Ganon in Hyrule Warriors.
    The flying and fire coming out of it's mouth looks cool, but I can see in control of the cockpit making it be a horrid mess to deal with with the camera. It swoops one way, then back down the other, then around and back the next again... and that's if automatic.
    If it's manual... imagine a uncontrollable swooping fire breathing Griffon that's even harder to make turns and climbs and twirls with.
    That and the Wyvern minus certain times is quite slow...

If I knew what a Charr Car is, that might be my option, but I can see it becoming a 2000 mount skin which would put it also on my no list.

Lol I always enjoy your posts dissecting the choices :p

This is a charr car:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Charr_Car
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assault_Roller

Some of the choices are a joke about how Anet refuses to do or reveal things. Such as kill off Braham or reveal E.

• Daniel.5428Daniel.5428 Member ✭✭✭

I would enjoy map shiffting events. For example a far cleared Orr after the fall of Zhaitan, Branded storms in cryastal oasis etc.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

I want a Charr car that honks Charr expletives.

(N... no way!)
    (These guys are even WORSE than the other guys!)
    Who cares. Who cares! WHO CARES!!!
    I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!!!
    I'VE GOT KNIVES!!
    I'm...
    Out of knives. BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

• Torolan.5816Torolan.5816 Member ✭✭✭

I would vote in falling order:
    *Races
    *Balance
    *Charr used as Mounts and Asura as doorstopers :)

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭

"Complete and satisfying balance in all 3 gameplay modes for all professions" - ha, I wish! :P

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭
    Black Lion Chests will allow you to choose any item you want from it as long as you have a key

I was torn between this and mount skins obtainable in-game, but I don't mind paying for cosmetics (the collections would be fun though) and I do hate RNG so I went with this one.

My first choice would actually be the return of Season 1. In full, with all previously open-world content in shared instances (like the way guild missions work, except anyone can enter it) and with all achievements, items etc. included.

My second choice would be underwater content re-worked.

Most of these things would be way down at the bottom of my list, if they were on it at all. Especially perfect balance. Even if it was possible people wouldn't believe it. If the game only had 1 profession with 1 skill and everyone has to use it some people would insist that shorter characters get faster animations or your graphics settings can make it better or whatever. If the devs said that wasn't the case they'd be lying or refusing to admit the problem.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation (EU). Mini Pet Collector.

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair."

• TwilightSoul.9048TwilightSoul.9048 Member ✭✭✭

Tough choice between that and "All gliders and mount skins can all be acquired in game through collections and achievements" :)

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭

Not all of these are equally impossible...

This is just rubbish...

Depending on what you consider complete and satisfying balance, this shouldn't be an "impossible" change, but one of Arena Net's main goals.

Again, depends on what you want. I'd like to see weapons being unlocked, and a way to pick which weapon specialization you equip (so that, for example they can add new staff skills for elementalist, and the player can choose which version they want, depending on which weapon specialization you equip)

Heh, good luck with that... Especially if all it requires is A key... I mean if you needed like 100-1000 keys for the permanent contracts and such...

Braham killed off.
    Not entirely impossible... Just unlikely. And honestly i'd rather see a well done redemption story, or just a satisfying chastisement from the Commander.

Hold on, don't be greedy!! Arena Net needs to make some money. I'd like to see a lot of them, like at least half as many as there are in the Gemstore (and that's being nice, since most games do the inverse). I mean stuff like the Phoenix Kite, the Classical Glider, the Shinning Blade and White Mantle Glider could all be in-game rewards.
    I'd love to see them Create a Glider version of the Tempered Spinal Blades (it's so much a glider material), even Mawdrey could have a Vine Glider associated with it.
    Also about 2/5 of the Mount Adoption License mounts should have been in-game rewards.

Be patient.

That would be awesome racial mounts would be an awesome addition. Can even be used as a sink for surplus Core tyria masteries.

More playable races would be awesome, but this is, of the sensible wishes, the most unlikely of all, they've already said that a new race is more work than it offers in terms of gameplay options. And honestly, seeing how broken Revenant is, i don't know if Arena Net still has what it takes to make a whole new race justice.

And call it Aurene. ^_^

• EruWan.4362EruWan.4362 Member ✭✭
    Braham killed off.

Braham - Give him a swift death.

• Conqueror.3682Conqueror.3682 Member ✭✭

I got dissapointed when i bought a mount skin and it was not the one i wanted, but there are skins that i really want so i will keep buying because im a sick consumist and wanna look pretty. RNG should be stated in united nations and human rights organizations as illegal...... like kitten or people traffic.

I would like to kill Braham but... that would be too boring, i just want to humilliate him, i want to make him regret that dragons can be killed easily because he chiped a tooth.

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭

Ride a dragon? I'm in.

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

I was very tempted by Charr Cars.

If you had "Blue rival theme music plays whenever Braham is on screen" I would've picked that though.

• You left off:
    Jumping FINALLY becomes predictable and reliable in terms of height and distance; and the camera FINALLY points at the target automatically during a fight rather than seemingly arbitrarily pointing in some other direction.
    Those two things are apparently IMPOSSIBLE since ANet has never fixed them.

"Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with Ketchup."

• Dashiva.6149Dashiva.6149 Member ✭✭✭

Having thought about it I wish my asuran engineer would use asuran technology for his turrets and contraptions; it always felt silly that he uses steampunktech when his peers uses magitech.

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭

Balance is all I want.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭

So many good choices options but only able to pick one. Braham you dodged a bullet on this one.

• IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭

I picked balance because it would be amusing to see a "genie" try to please everyone at once.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭

I need to know. Seriously.

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭

Obvious poll results.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

• Galaa.8475Galaa.8475 Member ✭✭

A game dev told me once for you to have complete balance in a game. everyone would have to have 1 hit point and a weapon that hits for 1 hit point. there is never ever ever going to be true balance in an mmo. So you guys need to get off that horse. Its been dead along time. Or mmo's need to be strictly PVP or PVE in design.

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭

There is only one that would actually boost the game from its core into pure awesome.

• Vova.2640Vova.2640 Member ✭✭✭

Shocking results.
    Not.

• Nikal.4921Nikal.4921 Member ✭✭✭

Can't they split PvP and PvE and then balance for each mode? It makes no sense to me that they don't do this.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭

KITTEN YEAH, let me click tha- wait..

Braham killed off.

NOOO, why must I be given these impossible choices!

...but really though, balancing is impossible, but I'd love to at least approach perfection more often.

Many alts! Handle it!

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭

So i can truly play my way and not have to grind 2 weeks to make my new build possible.

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭

I'll choose the boring answer, it is impossible alright.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭

But we know who "E" is now after the LS3.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/CU/AoC

• Loboling.5293Loboling.5293 Member ✭✭✭

Killing Braham was certainly a close second. Although, my rage might subside some if we had balanced pvp. (at least make it as balanced as pre-scourge/firbrand meta)

• Zionka.6897Zionka.6897 Member ✭✭

I had a feeling the balance choice would come out a winner, which totally makes sense for anyone into pvp and wvw. I'm not though, and pve is fine imo. Was between skins and races for me (and killing Braham right up there too). But overall for long term enjoyment I pick races.

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭

As much as I want perfect balance, I'd take playable skritt etc over that

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭

@Cyrin.1035 said:
    Lol I always enjoy your posts dissecting the choices :p

This is a charr car:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Charr_Car
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assault_Roller

Some of the choices are a joke about how Anet refuses to do or reveal things. Such as kill off Braham or reveal E.

Oh! That's the um... the car that was used in that one adventure in Depths.
    I would say yes, but only if they fix the jumping as it looked too off/silly/clunky.

If they can fix the jump, then I say yes.
    Make it jump like Sophia from Blaster Master on the NES.

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

I'm going to stick with my first, second, and third "impossible" option:

All armor types re-rigged/configured so that all three weights are interchangeable.

That would far and away have the largest impact of anything they could do with this game, bigger than Elite specs, bigger than Mounts, bigger than anything on the list above. Let people mix and match light, heavy, and medium armor at will.

I'm aware that this is non-trivial, I'm aware that it would require them to alter the shape of certain clothing to make sure that trenchcoats and buttcapes can coexist, but it's something that needs to happen, regardless of the effort involved. This is their "Final Fantasy 14: Realm Reborn" moment.

<<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.