Why is JQ still closed? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Why is JQ still closed?

ThunderPanda.1872ThunderPanda.1872 Member ✭✭✭

Can anyone just manually flip that switch so we can get this over with?

Power > Condition

<<1

Comments

  • Maybe Anet didn't fall for that trick.
    Maybe time to disband and look for other servers.
    My 1 question though: If JQ did open, where exactly are you guys getting the players to join from?

  • ThunderPanda.1872ThunderPanda.1872 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @insight.3916 said:
    Maybe Anet didn't fall for that trick.
    Maybe time to disband and look for other servers.
    My 1 question though: If JQ did open, where exactly are you guys getting the players to join from?

    There's probably many guilds stuck in kitten matchups that already ready to bandwagon somewhere else

    Power > Condition

  • GottFaust.5297GottFaust.5297 Member ✭✭

    @ThunderPanda.1872 said:
    Can anyone just manually flip that switch so we can get this over with?

    I may be wrong, but when people here started flooding this forum with information about what JQ was doing: ANet caught on.

  • BassHunteR.7246BassHunteR.7246 Member ✭✭

    You are wrong. Give it 01 - 02 weeks.
    It will open. Anet dont care enough to "get it"

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    If JQ and servers alike cant open in the broke system, and after their movements and they find they're still locked. You will see a mass exodus from this games WvW population that you've never seen before. For those of you who wishes this instead of them fixing a broken system, this would indeed do more harm to the game than a server not playing WvW for 3 weeks. Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭

    Maybe they were more populated than everyone in that server believed?

    Maybe because they didn't have a link?

    Maybe they will be linked before they get opened.

    Maybe they are testing the staying power of guilds (13 at last count) not playing.

  • Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    We also have the choice to not play the game mode.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭

    Hmm. Here is a thought: maybe they have dropped the 'full' threshold down because BG pop has dropped. So that 90% number may actually be much less today than 4 months ago.

  • Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    You conveniently chose to skip the bit about not recruiting off server, huh?

    I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    You conveniently chose to skip the bit about not recruiting off server, huh?

    The stunning part of that to me is the guild size if 300 that plays WvW.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    I know which option the current monetization model prefers.

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

    @insight.3916 said:
    Maybe Anet didn't fall for that trick.
    Maybe time to disband and look for other servers.
    My 1 question though: If JQ did open, where exactly are you guys getting the players to join from?

    There's probably many guilds stuck in kitten matchups that already ready to bandwagon somewhere else

    Are there? I thought guilds were looking to leave T1, as that's the only real kitten matchup apparently, and JQ would be headed back to T1 if it starts playing again.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @Chaba.5410 said:

    @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

    @insight.3916 said:
    Maybe Anet didn't fall for that trick.
    Maybe time to disband and look for other servers.
    My 1 question though: If JQ did open, where exactly are you guys getting the players to join from?

    There's probably many guilds stuck in kitten matchups that already ready to bandwagon somewhere else

    Are there? I thought guilds were looking to leave T1, as that's the only real kitten matchup apparently, and JQ would be headed back to T1 if it starts playing again.

    They are probably waiting to transfer into JQ.

  • Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭

    It's not ever opening because it's all manual. It's a tom harry behind the server Watching on and making his own judgement.

  • RodOfDeath.5247RodOfDeath.5247 Member ✭✭✭

    Stick to your guns Anet :)

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    You conveniently chose to skip the bit about not recruiting off server, huh?

    No I didn't conveniently skip it. If you can't see the flaws in your logic well then. I have nothing more to say.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭

    @ThunderPanda.1872 said:

    @insight.3916 said:
    Maybe Anet didn't fall for that trick.
    Maybe time to disband and look for other servers.
    My 1 question though: If JQ did open, where exactly are you guys getting the players to join from?

    There's probably many guilds stuck in kitten matchups that already ready to bandwagon somewhere else

    So they can help JQ rise back up into another kitten matchup?

    Another derailing post. ^^
    North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
    Game over man! Game over!

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    You conveniently chose to skip the bit about not recruiting off server, huh?

    The stunning part of that to me is the guild size if 300 that plays WvW.

    I said a family of 300. 300 players. Not a guild of 300. Some of you act like this is the first time something like this happened. When in reality this JQ tank is more like the 20th generation of Tanking. Tanking and Blackouts have been happening since 2013. The only reason BG exceeds the cap is because the system is broken. BG use to pioneer the manipulation of server caps. BG use to plan blackouts to pad its coverage. No server is different. MAG is on tanking session 4 or 5. Their 1 first attempt stopped TC from tanking out of Tier 1 making the server infight unto implosion. History repeats itself and what JQ is doing is no different than Kodash, MAG, FA, BG, TC , SoS, and servers alike.

    As time goes on and the population get worse, the manipulations get greater and more consistent. ArenaNet does not help by producing systems like server-links and 1up 1down without resetting the progressive history of each and every server. They just add onto the problem and the communities alike just react. This is what you're experiencing right now. Server communities and guilds reacting.

  • Brigand.9502Brigand.9502 Member ✭✭

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:> Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    And your alternative seems to be that other guilds and players take a risk to move to JQ where at some point the native JQ'ers will throw another temper tantrum and stop playing again until they get "open" because they either don't know how to be competitive or can't faceroll their opponents.

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭

    It will take about a month before the system update itself on your tanking.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    And your alternative seems to be that other guilds and players take a risk to move to JQ where at some point the native JQ'ers will throw another temper tantrum and stop playing again until they get "open" because they either don't know how to be competitive or can't faceroll their opponents.

    Nah I never said JQ would stop playing. I said a mass exodus. I meant overall. Not just from JQ. Its already happening. People have already quit the game due to locked server status.
    How can JQ be impatient when JQs waited 7months of time.

  • Why is JQ still closed?

    Because the conditions required to open it haven't been met.

    ANet doesn't open worlds just because people complain, just because some players perceive opponent populations to be greater, or at whim. Their goal is to have matchups with each side bringing comparable numbers, weighted by time|day, by hours played, by effectiveness (the last of which is measured via proxies, such as PPT, PPK, and many that we cannot see).

    If JQ stops playing, but their opponents are also reducing their play time, JQ isn't going to suddenly open.

    The biggest problem with ANet's strategy here is that they are depending solely on attrition for balancing the populations of primary worlds. And the problem with attrition is that it is slow, far slower than the attention span of even some of the more reasonable WvWarriors. The big advantage of ANet's strategy is that they are depending solely on attrition for balancing the populations of primary worlds, because it's far less icky than any of the alternatives, notably things like breaking up the top 3 worlds or increasing rewards|decreasing penalties for moving to the lowest-pop worlds.

    “Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.” — Ambrose Bierce.

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭

    @diamondgirl.6315 said:
    "Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough."

    Not enough to make them move servers.

    I mean, we've done this before. Its called implosion and it results in the samething. A stacked server. The only difference is this stacked server is now disorganize and split. So tanking is the better option hence the 5 or so servers doing it.

  • Missy.7356Missy.7356 Member ✭✭

    @ MaLeVoLenT.8129

    So are we just talking that this is all over 20 people not being able to get into JQ?

    We know that certain people managed to get on to a locked server by asking the right people. If its only 20 as you stated then time to ask if those can be transferred in manually, but somehow I do not think this is just about 20 Guildies being left out in the cold. I would love you to prove me wrong, but so many times I have been disappointingly right.

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @Missy.7356 said:
    @ MaLeVoLenT.8129

    So are we just talking that this is all over 20 people not being able to get into JQ?

    We know that certain people managed to get on to a locked server by asking the right people. If its only 20 as you stated then time to ask if those can be transferred in manually, but somehow I do not think this is just about 20 Guildies being left out in the cold. I would love you to prove me wrong, but so many times I have been disappointingly right.

    You centered around the figure I gave as an example. Those were numbers as an example. ArenaNet has also stopped manually moving people. Because of the controversy it caused.
    What am I suppose to prove you wrong on?

  • Missy.7356Missy.7356 Member ✭✭

    So its more? More as in war chest more? Surely you know how many family you left behind.

  • Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭

    Presumably this isn't just about getting orphaned guildmates onto JQ but also opening the possibility for new transfers as well. Makes sense to me it just sucks that it'll take weeks to see if it works.

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭

    @Missy.7356 said:
    So its more? More as in war chest more? Surely you know how many family you left behind.

    I know how many OnS has to move over specifically. I know that theres 2 guilds wanting to come to JQ that no one really knows about on JQ, thus this doesnt motivate them to tank. I 100% can confirm that if JQ did open, JQ would get more than 20 people just by the way our WvW communities work.

    I also do know, that ArenaNet manually locks servers if they exceed the threshold hold at an rapid pace before the next re evaluation on Monday. The risk of JQ becoming another BG and blasting up to tier 1 is largely blown out of perspective by you all, however I can not blame you giving the history and past of things like this. I'm not trying to sway you that everything will be okay if JQ opens. I much rather convince everyone that the issue is with the system at hand and not with how the player base reacts to the system.

  • Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    The risk of JQ becoming another BG and blasting up to tier 1 is largely blown out of perspective by you all, however I can not blame you giving the history and past of things like this.

    Wouldn't that ultimately be a good thing if it did happen?

  • Endelon.1042Endelon.1042 Member ✭✭

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server

    That's actually a really good idea lol. I dunno why we didn't think of that before.

  • Evolute.6239Evolute.6239 Member ✭✭✭

    @Israel.7056 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    The risk of JQ becoming another BG and blasting up to tier 1 is largely blown out of perspective by you all, however I can not blame you giving the history and past of things like this.

    Wouldn't that ultimately be a good thing if it did happen?

    yes, and I don't see why people even care much. If JQ ends up so overstacked that they blast to T1 and can roll over BG, at least something changes bc the current "5 servers tanking to avoid bg" is killing WvW activity

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭

    Oh, JQ competing would be a good thing.

    What's funny is how it is being presented: people have been orphaned for 7 months. Really?

    It's to get people in. Just own it.

    Don't make it sound like you are saving WvW, or saving your server.

    It appears as if there are two goals: getting JQ open, or showing Anet how broken the system is.

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭

    @Israel.7056 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    The risk of JQ becoming another BG and blasting up to tier 1 is largely blown out of perspective by you all, however I can not blame you giving the history and past of things like this.

    Wouldn't that ultimately be a good thing if it did happen?

    Probably for everyone who is avoiding BG, because then the'd have a lot less of a chance to be placed with them. For JQ no. Nothing about Tier 1 has changed even if JQ gained the population. BG is the least liked community in terms of being paired with. There isn't a single server willing to deal with them. It would take extreme effort to toppal them to the point of burn out.

    We can play the "if" game... even though its highly unlikely JQ would be able to stand up to BG even if they did open for 7 days or less, lets pretend that it would.

    Tier 1 would have a point of extreme activity and excitement for about 4 weeks. especially in the match up of BG/SoS/JQ. If BG is overthrown, then BG will go to sleep as they do for instance when MAG overthrows them with a server-link. When BG goes to sleep, the competing servers still need to play very hard to beat and keep up with them. BG doesn't. Because WvW, isn't just about population but its about coverage and while, "FA and JQ is within 10% of BG (Quote from ArenaNet)" their actual timezone coverage is a much wider spread. Making it always stressful for a server to stand up to them. It's impossible to keep trying.

    I had a very interesting conversation (1 of many) with Blackgates NA server leader. Shes a very nice person and we don't always agree, but as she pointed out in a previous thread this is where me and her agree 100%. BG possesses a certain mentality that's been dying off for ages.

    People equate this to PPT versus Fights. This is the core element that breaks WvW and in my opinion all problems even with coverage and population starts here. So I'mma beat the dead horse here and say that ArenaNet can't properly stat track, analyze, and balance us off of they data they have and determine ideal scenarios if the WvW community is never motivated or is never fighting for the same goals. Our goals depict how we play and what numbers we desire and WvW has no goals. There was a time where everyone played like BG did. Once ones community realizes the truth of the matter, they develop different goals. The truth? WvW has no meaning. The only goals set fourth after the gimmick reward tracks is self made goals by the communities themselves. BG is one of the last standing that plays the game in a way that is literally correct to play. They've been at it for a long time and every single month there are less, PPTers and more fighters on every server.

    Remember Yaks Bend? Everyone hated Yaks Bend with an utter passion. Why was that? It was their play style. But yet even Yaks Bend has made a dramatic change from their PPT ways. Right now I would call YB a fighter community rather than a PPT server as it use to be. Servers playing for the win in 2017 see no point. Taking objectives is viewed as work. Fighting under arrow carts are not fun but its required to win. Its required to take first place and the only benefit is morale. You have to do all this to beat BG.

    So, at the end of the day, JQ will then get bored like BG is bored right now. Then JQ would disperse or organize another tank to drop out. In which case BG would just continue dominating. the cycle would continue until the system is changed and they reset servers. JQ has no attention to fight BG if it doesnt have to. JQ has been floating on purpose in T2 for those 6 to 7 months of it being locked because staying up against BG would kill the server faster than tanking to T4 would.

    In tier 2 if you're first place, you're last place. This is considered the tier of death for the 5 servers that fight over T2 positions. T2 is a game of how to avoid T1 and JQ gaining numbers isnt going to change this.

  • Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    You conveniently chose to skip the bit about not recruiting off server, huh?

    No I didn't conveniently skip it. If you can't see the flaws in your logic well then. I have nothing more to say.

    Actually, by skipping that part you demonstrated flawed logic.

    I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    You conveniently chose to skip the bit about not recruiting off server, huh?

    No I didn't conveniently skip it. If you can't see the flaws in your logic well then. I have nothing more to say.

    Actually, by skipping that part you demonstrated flawed logic.

    My guild doesnt seek to recruit off server. We've been to alot of servers and we've played this game for years. Players stop playing the game when there is no new content. When an expansion launches they come back. What happens if that guild has moved on and those players come back to a near dead server away from their friends. Those players will want to reunite with there friends in wake of the expansion.

    By skipping it i didn't expose any flaw in my logic.

  • Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    You conveniently chose to skip the bit about not recruiting off server, huh?

    No I didn't conveniently skip it. If you can't see the flaws in your logic well then. I have nothing more to say.

    Actually, by skipping that part you demonstrated flawed logic.

    My guild doesnt seek to recruit off server. We've been to alot of servers and we've played this game for years. Players stop playing the game when there is no new content. When an expansion launches they come back. What happens if that guild has moved on and those players come back to a near dead server away from their friends. Those players will want to reunite with there friends in wake of the expansion.

    By skipping it i didn't expose any flaw in my logic.

    So you figure the importance of reuniting those few fairweather players is worth exacerbating the overstack problem? Seems legit....

    Are those few poor souls the reason most of JQ has stopped playing then? Couldn't be the far more obvious desire to recruit en masse.... XD

    I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

  • MaLeVoLenT.8129MaLeVoLenT.8129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

    @Choppy.4183 said:

    @MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:
    Being locked and split from your friends for 7 months is enough. From that point on communities everywhere will start to feel powerless...

    Which is a problem of those players' own making. You have a choice to transfer everyone to an open server, or your guild could stop recruiting off server if it doesn't want to move.

    And the wvw population is already way down. It started dropping way before servers started getting locked, and it's happening on all servers by the look of it.

    Yes those players have the choice to xfer, splitting apart their community to take a gamble on a new one. Perhaps they should go to a linked server where they then would have to move every 2months to get the type of fights they desire. Perhaps those players would like to play with 1 or 2 or 3 guilds of the same server of JQ. Perhaps if they move the rest would move with them because they're like a family. You tell me whats worse. 20 people joining a family of 300, or 300 players moving to a server.

    You can easily see where the logic of just xfer falls flat.

    You conveniently chose to skip the bit about not recruiting off server, huh?

    No I didn't conveniently skip it. If you can't see the flaws in your logic well then. I have nothing more to say.

    Actually, by skipping that part you demonstrated flawed logic.

    My guild doesnt seek to recruit off server. We've been to alot of servers and we've played this game for years. Players stop playing the game when there is no new content. When an expansion launches they come back. What happens if that guild has moved on and those players come back to a near dead server away from their friends. Those players will want to reunite with there friends in wake of the expansion.

    By skipping it i didn't expose any flaw in my logic.

    So you figure the importance of reuniting those few fairweather players is worth exacerbating the overstack problem? Seems legit....

    Are those few poor souls the reason most of JQ has stopped playing then? Couldn't be the far more obvious desire to recruit en masse.... XD

    I never said JQ was overstacked you did. I dont hold that opinion. Nor do I think JQ will be the new BG for opening for 7 days or less. These are all youre opinions that JQ does not hold. you called players who get bored because of the game state fairweather? how is that fair.

    You should be promoting players coming back to the game and not smearing them calling them fairweather.

<<1
This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.