5 stacks
8 sec decay
+2% condition dmg/+30 ferocity per stack = +10% condition damage/+150 ferocity

Insight

5 stacks
15 sec decay
+60 power/+60 ferocity per stack = +300 Power/Ferocity

Now i do have a question.
Why? It is clear that they didn't test any class before PoF release, but even so how they managed to create 2 similar passives and while the warrior's is unbelievable the Revenant's is... i really don't know what to say. Couldn't have been +300 condition/+300 ferocity instead?

I wonder.

Comments

• Vasdamas Anklast.1607Vasdamas Anklast.1607 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017

It's simple.
    Some specs are allowed to have nice things and the others are not, only very trivial versions of nice things perhaps. Some spec into full dps with zerk stats and still hit like wet noodle while the others are...well..
    https://imgur.com/a/q2moM.

Jk aside (not really), renegade specialization looks very boring, no matter how you look at it, nothing unique of it's own.

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Devil's advocate here: probably something to do with the fact that it is easier to crit/hit from the flank than it is to disable/remove boons.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017

Does not actually require disabling a foe. Simply hitting a foe with a disabling affect will grant Attacker's Insight. This provides another way to gain stacks when fighting a boonless enemy with a breakbar.

However, Lahmia, that could explain the 15s duration vs 8 sec, but what about bonuses? :\

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Does not actually require disabling a foe. Simply hitting a foe with a disabling affect will grant Attacker's Insight. This provides another way to gain stacks when fighting a boonless enemy with a breakbar.

However, Lahmia, that could explain the 15s duration vs 8 sec, but what about bonuses? :\

That's likely Anet's justification for both.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

• Arkaile.5604Arkaile.5604 Member ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is still the case since the all the updates, but at one point I noticed that when I linked Kalla's Fervour in chat it would have a different description than the buff which appears on players' bars. It had something like +3% to condi and crit damage per stack and went up to +30% for each with the relevant grandmaster trait. My guess is it was nerfed from that version into something weaker for whatever reason and ANet, as they seem to usually fail to do, didn't compare the nerfed fervour to similar effects on other classes, such as Attacker's Insight.

There's other examples of inconsistencies between Rev, specifically Renegade, skills and comparable skill categories on other classes. For instance, if Kalla's utilities are really meant to functionally be wells, why are they limited not only by pathing checks, but even line of sight? Yes, if you place down Darkrazor and stand behind a pillar or something, its pulsing aoe won't hit or stun anything because you've broken line of sight to your target who's standing right next to Darkrazor. The exact same thing happens with Icerazor.

SHINIES!

• @Arkaile.5604 said:
    I don't know if this is still the case since the all the updates, but at one point I noticed that when I linked Kalla's Fervour in chat it would have a different description than the buff which appears on players' bars. It had something like +3% to condi and crit damage per stack and went up to +30% for each with the relevant grandmaster trait. My guess is it was nerfed from that version into something weaker for whatever reason and ANet, as they seem to usually fail to do, didn't compare the nerfed fervour to similar effects on other classes, such as Attacker's Insight.

There's other examples of inconsistencies between Rev, specifically Renegade, skills and comparable skill categories on other classes. For instance, if Kalla's utilities are really meant to functionally be wells, why are they limited not only by pathing checks, but even line of sight? Yes, if you place down Darkrazor and stand behind a pillar or something, its pulsing aoe won't hit or stun anything because you've broken line of sight to your target who's standing right next to Darkrazor. The exact same thing happens with Icerazor.

Because for whatever reason, the damaging effects coming from icerazor/darkrazor are actually coming from you. Kind of like Hunter's call (ranger warhorn 4)

• Arkaile.5604Arkaile.5604 Member ✭✭✭

Clearly, but that doesn't make it any less weird.

SHINIES!