What happen to JQ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What happen to JQ?

cpchow.7416cpchow.7416 Member ✭✭

My guildmate in JQ told me that their server is sinking like titanic. He cant even complete the wvw diamond chest these few weeks. Everyday he get in a WvW map, there are more than 5 thieves camping outside the spawn. The saddest thing is that he cant enjoy the outmanned pips buff because of it. No one is willing to tag up and lead the server. The server is in low morale and ppt. He told me he is going to transfer to another server with better activity and I recommend him to transfer to SOS (As it is a solid T1 server now). Are there any suggestions?

<1

Comments

• Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

It's because the large JQ guilds have asked people to stop playing to trick Anet into opening the server so they can pull people from other servers.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@cpchow.7416 said:
    My guildmate in JQ told me that their server is sinking like titanic. He cant even complete the wvw diamond chest these few weeks. Everyday he get in a WvW map, there are more than 5 thieves camping outside the spawn. The saddest thing is that he cant enjoy the outmanned pips buff because of it. No one is willing to tag up and lead the server. The server is in low morale and ppt. He told me he is going to transfer to another server with better activity and I recommend him to transfer to SOS (As it is a solid T1 server now). Are there any suggestions?

It would appear they have chosen not to play in order to become an open server for transfers

• @Choppy.4183 said:
    It's because the large JQ guilds have asked people to stop playing to trick Anet into opening the server so they can pull people from other servers.

Really? He decided to transfer to aother server because of the WvW Legendary armor and back. There is no point to stay in a dead server.

@cpchow.7416 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:

Really? He decided to transfer to aother server because of the WvW Legendary armor and back. There is no point to stay in a dead server.

If he wants to go back, there is a small chance they will open.

My bet is they will get a link first, and that will push the dead time into 6 weeks.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017

@cpchow.7416 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:

Well, if he transfers he'll be locked out of gaining pips for a whole complete match plus whatever is left of this match. JQ isn't dead, btw. They plan on starting up again after Dec. 18th. By that time your friend will be eligible to start earning pips again so it would be pretty much a waste to transfer.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

No, it wouldn't be a waste to transfer off JQ if you're only interest is pip farming.theres plenty of places where you can go Ktrain to your hearts content.

JQ is doing something apart from pip grazing

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• I feel like this title "what happened to JQ" is posted, what? every 6 months now? lol

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@Choppy.4183 said:

Cloudfly not there?

People not playing?

JQ is linked - and it is much lower than it has been in years.

I am not on JQ, but I was - and it was one of the most disastrous WvW experiences I've ever had with no tag (Cloudfly wasn't playing for months) no cohesion and the links dragging it and every other server into disarray, mistrust and massive trolling on all sides.

@atheria.2837 JQ is not linked. Their population is not that bad.

13 guilds, have made the conscious choice to not play to open. That's a lot of people not playing.

NA has two unlinked servers. BG and JQ.

They are low by choice.

• GottFaust.5297GottFaust.5297 Member ✭✭✭

@cpchow.7416 said:

As many others in this thread have already mentioned: a large number of JQ's "top" guilds have decided to throw matches until they get down to the lower tiers for "good fights" and opened for transfers. What's really going to happen is that they'll end up in T3/4 where there are no actual fights after Sunday, and ANet will give them a link long before opening them up seeing as what's being done is currently widely publicized.

• @RodOfDeath.5247 said:

@GottFaust.5297 said:

@cpchow.7416 said:

As many others in this thread have already mentioned: a large number of JQ's "top" guilds have decided to throw matches until they get down to the lower tiers for "good fights" and opened for transfers. What's really going to happen is that they'll end up in T3/4 where there are no actual fights after Sunday, and ANet will give them a link long before opening them up seeing as what's being done is currently widely publicized.

Yep, spot on. If they think they are going to get these massive 60 on 60 fights down in T3/4 they are dreaming. It's very small scale down here and as usual JQ will tank, then blob up 60v20 and whine some more about there's no fights.

They want "easy fights" not "good fights". Sounds like they want to throw a tantrum because things are not going their way so they gotta ruin everyone's tier lol

Yup pretty much is the case with most of ANet's current target audiences. Not just JQ either.

You think if BG pugs lost their huge coverage advantage. That they wouldn't be doing the same. Then think again! I mean look at MAG, it's the same thing. Tanking for easier steamrolls. [Pretty much sums up most of the current GW2's WvW community.]

Which is why they would not even dare step a foot out of GW2. Because they know that they would be instantly reminded, of how much they not only suck IRL. But also fail at gaming as well! :trollface:

I am the one and only true Majestic Being.
    I stand now on the precipice of change.
    My perceptions on quality is refined.
    I am now the outsider looking in.
    Next level simi profession troll at your service.
    Bring the lols like no other.

• @cpchow.7416 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:

It's not dead. It's resting.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nothing much, they trying to game the system. I hope many will transfer out of JQ after learning that. Why play with people who try hard to game the system? Even if anet changed the system, they will continue doing so, a leopard can't change its spots.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

• Yeah guys. kitten JQ, they just want to super stack to go topple BG, thats why them and every other server is tanking to avoid T1 to get fites in the lower tier to stack really high server populations to go back to T1 to tank out of it again. OnS should just recruit on server and tell everyone who wants to join them off server to get lost and then transfer their guild to join them cuz if their friends then thats what friends do is spend lots of gems to join each person on one server but thats not stacking tho.

Gregor Payne for Anet Partner btw

• Namer.9750Namer.9750 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017

@GottFaust.5297 said:

??

@RodOfDeath.5247 said:

Yep, spot on. If they think they are going to get these massive 60 on 60 fights down in T3/4 they are dreaming. It's very small scale down here and as usual JQ will tank, then blob up 60v20 and whine some more about there's no fights.

They want "easy fights" not "good fights". Sounds like they want to throw a tantrum because things are not going their way so they gotta ruin everyone's tier lol

??

??

??

JQ is tanking to open. JQ doesn't want to fight the snoozefest that is T3/4. Maybe actually figure out what's happening before hitting the keyboard with your head, kids.

edited December 7, 2017

@Namer.9750 said:

@GottFaust.5297 said:

??

@RodOfDeath.5247 said:

??

??

??

JQ is tanking to open. JQ doesn't want to fight the snoozefest that is T3/4. Maybe actually figure out what's happening before hitting the keyboard with your head, kids.

You missed the part where I mentioned "and opened for transfers" and "Anet will give them a link long before opening them up seeing as what's being done is currently widely publicized." apparently. They aren't hiding it in the slightest, and the links/full status are both completely manual. ANet knows what they're doing.

• @Namer.9750 said:

@GottFaust.5297 said:

??

@RodOfDeath.5247 said:

??

??

??

There's another one, throwing a temper tantrum lol

• I cant tell if this is a troll thread or just some naive casual

Power > Condition

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can totally see ANET giving a link before opening them up.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    I can totally see ANET giving a link before opening them up.

I would expect it actually. But who knows. If not, it opens a large can of worms.

• Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭

ANET refuses to fix their broken game mode.

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

What's really sad and should be noted; Anet is mum on the condition of WvW.

Always.

The best game mode of the game is being destroyed by neglect and not the company not playing its own game.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

What JQ is doing is a valid tactic...

@atheria.2837, gw2 is a game towards pve players only, other gamemode are designed to cut some skill required to play those, just follow the gimmicks being whatever they are.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

WvW is rooted with so many toxicity; the only choices left

• complete overhaul of wvw
    • shut down wvw

running to other servers for solutions; sooner or later will have to face the same problems all again

so what's the point?

That's what toxicity does; it spreads everywhere'

It's never ending problems

That will never be resolved

Until you fix the root cause of it

@Burnfall.9573 said:
    WvW is rooted with so many toxicity;

Until you fix the root cause of it

And here is the crux of the problem. What the root cause is. Few agree to what that is.

Conditions, power, stacking, fights, use siege, don't use siege, PPT, PPK, skill balance, new players, rewards, don't reward people, so on, and so on, and so on.

The player base doesn't agree as to what that is.

• Jade Quarry is trying to do the same thing Maguuma did, manipulate the system to get it to open up so they can get more transfers. Thing is, anyone considering it would be stupid, as BG, Mag, and others could and would do the same thing manipulating the system and then JQ would still be whining about the same problem. the good fights are in the lower tiers, where its more challenging and fun trying to overcome disadvantages. T1 is for blobs and boring siege wars that BG dominates. You want a challenge and an opputunity to actually fight as a guild and not a blob, and to actually see if you are skillful move down and balance the servers. Its the top T1 servers that are crying about the situation that they created to begin with. They want to make WvW even worse and more irrevelent.

@Pagan Highlander.5948 said:
    Jade Quarry is trying to do the same thing Maguuma did, manipulate the system to get it to open up so they can get more transfers. Thing is, anyone considering it would be stupid, as BG, Mag, and others could and would do the same thing manipulating the system and then JQ would still be whining about the same problem. the good fights are in the lower tiers, where its more challenging and fun trying to overcome disadvantages. T1 is for blobs and boring siege wars that BG dominates. You want a challenge and an opputunity to actually fight as a guild and not a blob, and to actually see if you are skillful move down and balance the servers. Its the top T1 servers that are crying about the situation that they created to begin with. They want to make WvW even worse and more irrevelent.

If by "lower tiers" you mean T2: sure.

• T3 doesn't have any fights after Sunday.
    • T4 doesn't know what the word "fight" means.
  • The fights are competitive, just not for those 60-80 man blobs. It takes no skill to win in a blob. T3-T4 tend to have smaller Guild based groups and fights, where its more about skill then about your numbers. Otherwise why would JQ be crying about needing more people when they already have 24/7 coverage and map queues all the time?

edited December 8, 2017

The fights are competitive, just not for those 60-80 man blobs. It takes no skill to win in a blob. T3-T4 tend to have smaller Guild based groups and fights, where its more about skill then about your numbers. Otherwise why would JQ be crying about needing more people when they already have 24/7 coverage and map queues all the time?

As someone who has very recently been in all 4 tiers: your information is objectively wrong. T3 gives up after Sunday, and T4 is never anything other than cloud formation groups of ~15 nebulously hazing each other from 1200 range and missing most of the time.

• Pagan seems bitter.

• They are doing the same thing that mag did... laying down and not even trying to ppt or fight until they get a linking like mag

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

@Choppy.4183 said:

And people do actually listen to what they said?! Are they their slaves? If I were them I could't care less of what large guilds said.....noone tell me to play or not!

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Evolute.6239Evolute.6239 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

The fights are competitive, just not for those 60-80 man blobs. It takes no skill to win in a blob. T3-T4 tend to have smaller Guild based groups and fights, where its more about skill then about your numbers. Otherwise why would JQ be crying about needing more people when they already have 24/7 coverage and map queues all the time?

Confused on where you get your information. Even before JQ began this, they would only ever get a ~20 map queue on EBG, and a map queue on a single BL map during reset night. At no other time does JQ have queues, really.

If Cloud Fly didn't play or transferred servers, JQ would immediately end up in T3/4. His SEA play alone keeps the server up tiers. Not raw population numbers and 24/7 coverage and map queues.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:

And people do actually listen to what they said?! Are they their slaves? If I were them I could't care less of what large guilds said.....noone tell me to play or not!

Same. But based on the posts here and elsewhere, it seems that people have stopped playing.

• Q: When will my world be open?
    A: This depends on the players on that world. If players transfer to a different world or stop playing for a period then they no longer will affect the thresholds and the world could open back up.

Looks like they already made their minds up. Well played or not played you get my meaning, enjoy the honeymoon period :)

@Missy.7356 said:

Q: When will my world be open?
    A: This depends on the players on that world. If players transfer to a different world or stop playing for a period then they no longer will affect the thresholds and the world could open back up.

Looks like they already made their minds up. Well played or not played you get my meaning, enjoy the honeymoon period :)

Except in the same post:

Q: Are thresholds based on the top populated world?
    A: Yes and no. When we adjust thresholds, we always take into consideration the worlds that have the highest population and play hours and make sure they are “Full”. However, the thresholds do not change based on the biggest worlds because this could be more easily manipulated by players, where they purposely do not play for several weeks to lower their population and open the world back up.

So.... maybe they HAVE made up their mind.

• Not holding my breath, either way the result falls into other tiers.

edited December 8, 2017

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Missy.7356 said:

Except in the same post:

A: Yes and no. When we adjust thresholds, we always take into consideration the worlds that have the highest population and play hours and make sure they are “Full”. However, the thresholds do not change based on the biggest worlds because this could be more easily manipulated by players, where they purposely do not play for several weeks to lower their population and open the world back up.

Which just means that a ton of people will not be coming back to the game. WvW is busted and ANET just announced they will not fix it.

@Grim West.3194 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Missy.7356 said:

Except in the same post:

Which just means that a ton of people will not be coming back to the game. WvW is busted and ANET just announced they will not fix it.

You may be right.

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2017

I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

@Roxanne.6140 said:
    I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

edited December 9, 2017

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

ANET let BG exploit the tanking / overstacking issue and become the gorilla that destroyed the game mode.

Now it's too late. WvW is dead.

Punishing the other servers after the fact doesn't fix anything.

@Grim West.3194 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

ANET let BG exploit the tanking / overstacking issue and become the gorilla that destroyed the game mode.

Smh. It's funny because a lot of the same people involved are involved in JQ.

edited December 9, 2017

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Grim West.3194 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

Smh. It's funny because a lot of the same people involved are involved in JQ.

So? BG is the problem now, has been for a very long time. Ignoring that problem won't make it go away, and WvW will continue to be dead.

• shagwell.1349shagwell.1349 Member ✭✭✭

Why would someone at this state of the game transfer to JQ? They are a shadow of their former self. Most of the guilds on the server are afraid to fight or too bad to fight. Most good commanders are gone and their NA is on the toxity level of a north Korean coal plant. It's like Maguuma with less skill.
    This tanking gets you nowhere but to the bottom. Show some dignity and try to rebuild your server with the material you have. There isn't any better material transfering to JQ even if it's open.

• @GottFaust.5297 said:

As someone who has very recently been in all 4 tiers: your information is objectively wrong. T3 gives up after Sunday, and T4 is never anything other than cloud formation groups of ~15 nebulously hazing each other from 1200 range and missing most of the time.

Not even close but keep trying.

• Titan.3472Titan.3472 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2017

@xarallei.4279 said:

Uh, you obviously aren't from JQ if you say these things. We absolutely do not have map queues all the time and no way do we have 24/7 coverage. Often times I'll be on and then leave to go raid and come back at about 6 PM EST and we'll be dead last and have lost tons of our t3 stuff. No tags to be found at all. People don't start tagging up until 8:30pm or 9pm. And it's usually all the same few people. They are getting burned out. Over the past few months I've listened to them as they went from chill and happy to more and more frustrated and stressed out. I wouldn't be surprised if they outright quit the game to be honest. It's probably a good thing that they are taking a break.

And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG? Anet isn't going to break BG up. Anet isn't going to fix the population issues any time soon. They aren't going to server merge or scrap servers and start all over again. So people have to do what they can given the crappy situation we're all in. Though to be honest I like T2 just fine. The servers there tend to be more or less equal to each other and the fights are fun. It's not usually one server dominating everything. Even if we lose the match we have a good time. That's the whole reason why people are tanking out of T1 to go there.

Like someone else's poined out, there is no more enough amount/quality of people willing to stack & pay gems to get on a server to achieve nothing more at the end in a non-rewarding game mode : except feeding ego of those guilds leaders stomping low level tiers servers... They would compete BG for 24hours and they would stop showing up again after, then those guilds would transfer not willing to accept to recognise being the sole reason of the server disarray. Tanking will change Nothing but bring your server to a worse state than before and you might stay locked forever in the bottomless pit. xD
    You know what happen when you have few people willing to push the red self-destruct button to feed their personnal goal against impossible odds : everyone with them go boom and then they blame everyone else but themselves and vanish into thin air.
    JQ is going ALL-IN and it may be the final nail in the coffin for them as T1 server...

@xarallei.4279 said:
    And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG?

Because most people probably realize that having to deal with two overstacked servers is less fun than having to deal with one, and that the people JQ will be pulling to get there will come from the already underpopulated servers?

Beyond that, there's probably a general revulsion to the notion of gaming a system to achieve a result that people have complained about almost since launch. Lopsided populations and coverage.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.