The next patch will buff condition even more / Indirect nerf to resistance

kappa.2036

Let's say (example) you have 3 skills that inflict 6 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds each, so:18 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds [with 50% expertise you get 9 seconds]

After the patch you will have the same skills inflicting 4 stacks of confusion for 9 seconds so:12 stacks of confusion for 9 seconds [with 50% expertise you get 13,5 seconds]

The damage over time is less but it lasts longer = same damage as before / less burst

Everything seems ok, but the fact is that we are going to face conditions that last terribly long. Especially in large scale fights (like wvw), we are going to get 10 seconds of each condition if not cleansed, which brings to another problem: Resistance.

Resistance actually negates conditions for its duration, so let's see:

Let's say i have 6 seconds of resistance. Those 18 stacks of confusion will do 0 damage

BUT

Those 12 stacks of confusion will do damage for 3 seconds

So basically after the patch we will get:

• Conditions that last a lot longer
  • Resistance covering less effective

The issue in regards to big WvW fights with condition damage was their burst potential. In a large fight team-based scenario this will buff condi clear which is what people rely on firebrands for. Conditions do not last because they get cleansed so it is irrelevant for them to buff duration in the large team-fight context.

Gregor Payne for Anet Partner

You will get more chance to heal the damage or cleanse them on the flip side. Also, skills will come off cooldown during the long ticks. I look forward to it on m Holosmith (when I have an anti condition elixir equipped at least), but my warrior and maybe rev won't enjoy this as much. Will be interesting for sure!

The problem with Resistance is that very few classes have easy access to it, even less are able to apply it to whole group. This means very specific build/class is required to fight condis. But pretty much every class is able to clear up the condis (some better and more, some less) which opens up hopefully slots to new builds and classes.

No clue where you getting those changes from but...

1. It would be a good change because less stacks = less burst. Long duration condis will get cleansed anyway.
  2. condi duration should be capped at 50%, or expertise should be 20 or 25 for 1%. Also flat condi duration runes/sigils need to go.
  3. Resistance is dumb because some classes have absolutely no access to it, while others have too much of it.

Resistance is something extra meant to give you some extra seconds. It's not a cleanse.

Seems that now without expertise conditions will deal way less damage in terms of spvp and wvw.

I really hope so.We will pass from 1 stat needed to 2 stats needed, even though zerks needs 3, but their damage is instant. We could be on a way to solve part of the condi related problems.

@Vova.2640 said:No clue where you getting those changes from but...

1. It would be a good change because less stacks = less burst. Long duration condis will get cleansed anyway.
  2. condi duration should be capped at 50%, or expertise should be 20 or 25 for 1%. Also flat condi duration runes/sigils need to go.
  3. Resistance is dumb because some classes have absolutely no access to it, while others have too much of it.

I absolutely agree with change 2, but it should be accompanied by capping boon duration at 50% as well.

@"OriOri.8724" said:Good. Resistance is way too powerful as is anyway. Imagine the outcry if stab was rolled into protection, and then the damage increase raised to 100%. Yet that is exactly what resistance is against condi skills. I don't know why people are ok with it like that

default mimimi of a "press one button let macro do the rest for instant kill pewpew" mesmer

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Vova.2640 said:No clue where you getting those changes from but...

I absolutely agree with change 2, but it should be accompanied by capping boon duration at 50% as well.

If ferocity was also capped. Cant cap one without capping them all.

@Juidodin.5829 said:

@"OriOri.8724" said:Good. Resistance is way too powerful as is anyway. Imagine the outcry if stab was rolled into protection, and then the damage increase raised to 100%. Yet that is exactly what resistance is against condi skills. I don't know why people are ok with it like that

default mimimi of a "press one button let macro do the rest for instant kill pewpew" mesmer

You don't need a macro to pull off that burst, and I don't even play shatter burst mesmer anyway.

But nice try to deflect from actually talking about the problem that is resistance

Archived